SuperThrive... Do You Use It?

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
This stuff used to be a regular part of my program... SuperThrive, Eco-grow, Eco-bloom, and occasionally some Elenore's vf-11 for the youngsters.
I later changed this up in favor of compost teas, labs, and "more natural" fertilizers... And quit the SuperThrive at the same time.
Do you use it?
When?
How much?
Would you use these?
Superthrive do you use it
Superthrive do you use it 2

R

redshift75

i know old timers who swear by dropping a little super thrive in their tanks for their fields. Honestly i dont see the value in it. Not to say its not a product that has value. Problem with superthrive is im like 99% sure you arent suppose to use it for cannabis and combustion. i think it may be on oregons banned list if i remember correctly? this has come up before and i feel like i know its banned somewhere for cannabis.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

i know old timers who swear by dropping a little super thrive in their tanks for their fields. Honestly i dont see the value in it. Not to say its not a product that has value. Problem with superthrive is im like 99% sure you arent suppose to use it for cannabis and combustion. i think it may be on oregons banned list if i remember correctly? this has come up before and i feel like i know its banned somewhere for cannabis.
I use it in very small doses during veg. Usually 1ml per gallon. That is interesting about Oregon. I will have to check their rules and see if it is on the banned list. They are pretty over protective, which is good and is needed. So if they have it banned, I might cut it out of the program myself.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
It used to be just B-vitamins and got some kind of underground cult folklore around it. I think it had some kind of cytokinin in it, but it wasn't stated. They changed their label over the last couple years to include "kelp extract" which makes sense.

I use cytokinin at flip, but I don't think the magic or hype around Superthrive is worth it.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This stuff used to be a regular part of my program... SuperThrive, Eco-grow, Eco-bloom, and occasionally some Elenore's vf-11 for the youngsters.
I later changed this up in favor of compost teas, labs, and "more natural" fertilizers... And quit the SuperThrive at the same time.
Do you use it?
When?
How much?
Would you use these?
View attachment 1046551View attachment 1046552
I had the little glass bottle of it and the cap dissolved just like in your picture, it mostly just evaporated after that and I didn't buy any more, used it in cloning but no idea if it actually did anything or not ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Bought a bottle used it 2-3 times and gave it to the wife for her house plants
I used it for transplanting and didn’t notice any difference in recovery but shock the shit if fed to much - personally I found no advantage I’ve also tried to receive sick plants , and again I just didn’t get the results I was expecting

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Good stuff, Guys... Thank you.
Interesting bit about it being on the banned list... Can anyone expand on this? Has it been found in tested samples of flower?
My experience, is/was that using it during flower could/would cause issues with hermaphroditing... I was growing cuts already known to be unstable though... But I think this was pretty well known, and would be surprised if there was any residual by harvest if stopped before flowering.

linde

linde

those are all myths. it's just a rooting hormone. nothing more. I use it for cloning with my power clone.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I would still use them, why not. As long as it's been out of the light, it should be fine. (brown bottles) Those bottles look like they come from the stone age though, I be their 20 years old (or longer).

It's all basically the same stuff, I believe. Super thrive, VF-11, there are others. (like the one I have)

Essentially phosphoric acid for helping boosting root growth, VitB1 and some formula's have micro-elements, but all the one's I've seen have iron in particular. This is the one I use. I give it a dose anytime I need to boost Phosphate quickly, or wanting your roots to recover, ect.

IMO, It's decent for addressing phosphate issues, or an Iron deficiency.

IMG 20210219 181530135
MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I would still use them, why not. As long as it's been out of the light, it should be fine. (brown bottles) Those bottles look like they come from the stone age though, I be their 20 years old (or longer).

It's all basically the same stuff, I believe. Super thrive, VF-11, there are others. (like the one I have)

Essentially phosphoric acid for helping boosting root growth, VitB1 and some formula's have micro-elements, but all the one's I've seen have iron in particular. This is the one I use. I give it a dose anytime I need to boost Phosphate quickly, or wanting your roots to recover, ect.

IMO, It's decent for addressing phosphate issues, or an Iron deficiency.
I like that GS plants food you’ve got in the background! I swear by their kelp and humic acids products.

euphoria526

euphoria526

I thought giving superthrive increased the chances of herming based on it being hormones. That and an increase in hormones could push the herm trait.
but I read that somewhere, forget which forum it was

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I like that GS plants food you’ve got in the background! I swear by their kelp and humic acids products.

I thought I was the only one! The prices on their product lines are phenomenal.

I like the kelp mixture the best, it's pre-ph balanced, smells good. It's just a great product, especially for veg.

I also keep the humic/kelp mixture they make, the amino acid base formula, and the gibberellins hormones auxins cytokinins mixture (Growth Impact), I wasn't especially impressed with the ocean magic, but I haven't tried it all that much TBH, but it's got lot's of micro-minerals in it.

This line of products I can't say enough about, for the price/performance in a completely organic category.

IMG 20210410 114227594
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I thought giving superthrive increased the chances of herming based on it being hormones. That and an increase in hormones could push the herm trait.
but I read that somewhere, forget which forum it was
I suppose anything could push herm traits if given in the right combinations, I suspect. ie. stress. Especially giving the wrong hormones at the wrong time. Would like to see the information your quoting, but I do agree things like the phosphorous in that product can be counterproductive if given in excessive amounts.

The liquinox I have above is only chelated iron and phosphoric acid, no hormones in that one. I think it's good for getting your ph zone dialed in and a good iron source for starters, but I think there are other ways going about that.

I'm beginning to reconsider the efficacy of phosphorus early on, it might be beneficial in the very beginning to get things kick started, but needs to be rapidly backed off once the sprout emerges. Nitrogen/potassium soon becomes the main drivers of growth, with nitrogen in particular, and phosphorus can become a problem, if not kept in check.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I still use it on cutting and in veg. Those two bottles you have look like they’re 10 yrs old. I’d throw them away. Pretty important to keep your bottled nutes clean. I rinse off any residue and my bottles still look brand new.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I still use it on cutting and in veg. Those two bottles you have look like they’re 10 yrs old. I’d throw them away. Pretty important to keep your bottled nutes clean. I rinse off any residue and my bottles still look brand new.
I tend to agree, especially if your keeping them inside where you live. But in buds case, I don't think that's the case. I think they get put out in a barn somewhere. As for efficacy, that's going to vary depending on the nutrients in question. I got a feeling that as long as it's sealed correctly, kept in a cool area, superthrive is probably good for a very long time. It's a pretty stable mixture, as far as I can determine. Mostly just phosphoric acid and iron oxide and trace minerals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom