superthrive illegal?

• Thread starter mellokitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mellokitty

i'm wondering where this rumour that superthrive is illegal in canada is coming from?
i mean, maybe it technically is (i haven't looked into current specific legislation or anything) but i can pick it up at pretty much any hydro shop and order it online from a number of ".ca" companies, and i find it kind of hard to believe that an industry-wide infringement is happening in a field under so much constant legal scrutiny (the grow shop industry specifically, not the cannabis community as a whole) without Environment Canada and/or Health Canada breathing down their necks.

anybody have any info on this?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i never heard that but i tell you what if i had a nutrient company i would start that rumor as well that just sounds like a marketing tactic that will increase sales. people love what they cant have.

K

KushyNutt

I live in Nova Scotia and can buy Superthrive at 4 different grow shops here so I think that might be suspect info.

M

mellokitty

i use it.
i love it.
as far as it being a marketing scheme, i normally would agree with you, but this stuff really just sells itself. and it ain't cheap so serious users tend to go bulk anyways.

i live in bc and today is the first i've heard of it being illegal here (http://www.gardenstew.com/about2476.html, a non-cannabis garden forum), which, being a big STh fan and having friends who run and/or work at hydro shops, surprised me that there hadn't been any leadup to or warning about it. (curious to know on what authority she 'found out', since contrary to her claim they list active ingredients on the label.) when i googled "superthrive illegal in canada" the first 4 or 5 hits seemed to lead back to the same forum thread originally posted by "billy in florida", and then a couple random keyword hits where the 'illegal' usually meant cannabis, and then a number of hits pointing to another forum conversation from *2005 () (where, again, the poster cites improper labelling as the reason).

i don't personally believe it, my nursery people know i'd take it as a personal betrayal if it became illegal and they didn't give me a chance to stock up on a few gallons of it (ouch! my wallet just cringed).
i just think it's funny how lack of homework and google combined can disseminate misinformation like that. no wonder nobody knows what to believe anymore.

M

mellokitty

yup, see, except aside from online rumours, there's no indication that that's true in the real world...
(and i've totally seen hygrozyme in shops here too...)

S

shifty1

A friend of mine just opened a shop in Canada and had no issue getting it from his distributor.

M

mellokitty

so i'm deciding based on your feedback and what i've seen that this is an unfounded online rumour and i'm not gonna run out and spend several hundred dollars stocking up on it... (my wallet is relieved.)

M

mellokitty

yes. worth every penny.
also: you only need a drop a gallon so that tiny 4oz bottle should last at least 3 decent-sized (10-20 1000w) grows (which is actually not that bad when you consider what other nute additives can cost).
it's cheaper ($/volume) by the gallon, but the gallon is $$$$...

Latest posts

Top Bottom