supplement that allows closer lights??

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

someone told me they used a supp to move the lights a little closer

i cant remember the name but has/does anyone use anything like this?

if so and u like it tell me what it is, if it sucked tell me anyway.

dextr0

dextr0

420 the only things that come to mind would be anything that helps with stress like silica, or kelp. Either way its not gonna help much, your gonna have to watch your environment etc...
Hopefully this serve as a bump if anything.

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

Some kelp extracts do the opposite. I think Gravity is mostly a kelp extract, and you've got to move your lights further away to avoid burn.

dextr0

dextr0

^^^idk mane i keep kelp meal in my medium, and teas and have my light right on my girls with no burn...I just would think it would have an adverse affect on my plants if that were tru since i really do use kelp through out my grow.
Im not saying I can do this because of kelp but I have always attributed the kelp as helping.

420Gator

420Gator

420 the only things that come to mind would be anything that helps with stress like silica, or kelp. Either way its not gonna help much, your gonna have to watch your environment etc...
Hopefully this serve as a bump if anything.

ive heard the silica too, maybe the product im looking for uses that mostly

420Gator

420Gator

ill be damned, i go down three more post and stumble on this protekt, i think thats what the guy said

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

only thing i know that will successfully let you move your lights closer is proper air cooling the hoods. i have a bud touching the glass on one of my magnum hoods right now with zero burn. if you get a big enough hood like the magnum you can still get good light coverage and have the lights touching the damn plants with no burn.

Rushoe

Rushoe

only thing i know that will successfully let you move your lights closer is proper air cooling the hoods. i have a bud touching the glass on one of my magnum hoods right now with zero burn. if you get a big enough hood like the magnum you can still get good light coverage and have the lights touching the damn plants with no burn.

Right on that money bro I have my air cooled 10" from the canopy no heat what so ever.......I dont think anything you put in to the medium will help you out there...

Venom818

Venom818

im with str8dank you need more air circulation thats the only thing that will help you keep your lights closer

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

if you dont have air cooled hoods that let you get close then box fans work awesome! fuck looking pretty bro productivity is what counts. that $15 fan at canopy height blowing the heat away from the plants is a one time investment that will get you much closer to the lights then any snake oil. i do that and air cool even though my glass is cool to the touch and i can let buds touch them.

420Gator

420Gator

all my hoods are air cooled i can put my hand on the glass indefinately just tryin to get even closer

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

go with less wattage if you want to place it closer. Maybe you want to do some T5 or LEDs on the sides of your main hood?

half baked

half baked

i use bio-silicon and that allows me to have it a lil warmer in my tent, works a treat for me

S

slurryman

cooltube? cooler room?

been cold as shit and i got mine ~3inches from the tops haha.

Top Bottom