Supplemental C02 duration for autoflowers

• Thread starter Gladio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gladio

Gladio

Hi all,

Currently I have 350 autoflowers in their seedling stage.

In this grow I am planning to use supplemental CO2. I have an Ecothenics evolution controller with a CO2 sensor.

I m considering a closed loop system for the entire grow operation.

However for the first 4 weeks I will have the lights on for 24 hours straight and then 20/4 in the bloom phase.

I know CO2 is useless when plants are not photosyntesising. Since I m gonna run the ligths on for 24 hours, should I also run CO2 for continous 24 hours without any O2 intake?

I am considering increasing CO2 on a systematic bases. I ll start with 800ppm in the veg stage and eventually go up to 1300 to the end of the bloom phase. My light source, temp and humidity will be set accordingly.

Thanks for your answers👍

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I know CO2 is useless when plants are not photosyntesising. Since I m gonna run the ligths on for 24 hours, should I also run CO2 for continous 24 hours without any O2 intake?

Short answer, yes.

If the room is sealed and the lights are on, if you are not supplementing CO2 you are stalling your plants.

O2 is a non-issue except for root zone, and your plants will make plenty from the CO2. You do not need to bring in fresh air.

Gladio

Gladio

Short answer, yes.

If the room is sealed and the lights are on, if you are not supplementing CO2 you are stalling your plants.

O2 is a non-issue except for root zone, and your plants will make plenty from the CO2. You do not need to bring in fresh air.
The answer I needed on spot!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience!

So through out the veg stage (4 weeks) I will be running CO2 at all times with no O2 intake. And in bloom stage I will run CO2 for 20 hours on and O2 intake on for 4 hours👍

Gladio

Gladio

What do you mean by this?
Since I will switch to 20/4 on bloom stage for autoflowers. I think its not needed to supplement CO2 for the 4 hour darkness period. In that 4 hour dark period I will have my intake and exhaust on to supplement O2.

Am I wrong?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

No problem.

I have a few sealed rooms that I grow monsters in under CO2 using RDWC. The only time they get air exchange outside the grow space is when I open them to work on the plants.

FWIW - you already have an oxygen rich environment there thanks to photosynthesis. Opening the door actually LOWERS O2!

Top Bottom