Supplemental Nighttime Lighting - Outdoor (greenhouse) Grow...

• Thread starter FenderSuper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Hi, Experts,

Getting ready to transplant the clones into 45-gal short, fabric pots. I'm amending soil, but layering it on the bottom of the pots so the girly girls don't get overfed. For the first month, at least, they'll be in the upper layer of straight Patio Plus. It's got enough amendments to go a month without feeding. When they need the hotter soil, the plants will find it on their own.

BUT...my wife's little clone (very little, my practice plant) is out at night, and for all of them once they're in the pots, I'm seriously considering adding four 100W equivalent LED lights in clamp lamps (attached to the frame of the greenhouse) because I'm planting right on the new moon and I want a little light on the girls so they stay in veg.

Keep in mind, I am on a fixed income and unable to buy expensive things. I have to consider a $10 purchase pretty carefully. So buying anything fancier than a few clamp-lamps is out of the question.

Will one of these on each plant (with a 100W equivalent LED light) be adequate to keep them in veg on really dark nights?

Clamplamp
Clamplamp
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
A set of solar powered landscape lights wrapped around the plant might work without running cords.

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Might can't be in my vocabulary. I don't have the wherewithal for trial and error.

Tat2420

Tat2420

Yeah you'll be fine...its easier to keep em in longer veg than it is to deprive of light IMO. Especially in a greenhouse setting.
I've seen mother's go nearly a year with just pruning repotting and 20/4 light schedule under cfl lighting

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Yeah you'll be fine...its easier to keep em in longer veg than it is to deprive of light IMO. Especially in a greenhouse setting.
I've seen mother's go nearly a year with just pruning repotting and 20/4 light schedule under cfl lighting
Thanks, man! Clones drop tomorrow. I'm like a father in the waiting room. Or, well, what the movies show it to be like. No kids here. #ChildFree #AnxiousFirstTimeGrower

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Clones were delayed - had to get roots going, picking up this week. I'll have to build up their tolerance for sunlight, I think too much, too soon, will be a problem. This is a daunting task. =:-O

Latest posts

Top Bottom