Supplementary Light Bulbs

• Thread starter Learnerduda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Learnerduda

So I think this is probably a no brainer but I don't know enough to say for sure.
At the moment I have got a 6m by 2m space, it's being lit by 6 400v Sunlight dual spectrum bulbs in air cooled reflectors. I'm scrogging and the girls are doing very well but due to the vagaries of the space and air cooled reflectors not giving as good a spread as they could I feel like some side lighting may give the girls an extra bit of blooming..My idea is I have a load of festoon lighting cable, that the stuff you see at outdoor events hanging above you with bayonet fittings every 50cm's . I could attach 1 or 2 lengths of this on either side of my space giving me 5 or 10 bayonet fittings on either side. So would it be worth getting a mix of 3000k and 6500k bulbs, obviously the higher the wattage the better.
I was thinking this sort of thing

It be a layout of about £100 which obviously could just about pay for another light but i dont really have the electricty supply for another ballast but I could run this through my lighting ring.

stiffneck

stiffneck

I use these,

https://www.amazon.com/Feliz-Fluore...d=1520257409&sr=8-4&keywords=feliz+grow+light

You can find them cheaper, I just grabbed the first link I could. They come come in different spectrums and 125w or 250w. No hood needed, I just hang them with these (the socket/cord in the pic)
https://www.amazon.com/Feliz-Grow-L...=1520257514&sr=8-10&keywords=feliz+grow+light

Those are bitchen floros. I used to have six of those suckers with hoods and they worked great. Of course I was just vegging but hey they work great!

str8smokn

str8smokn

A couple 4’ t5’s Down the side would work just fine also.
It’s really any kind of light would be a plus, right?
I run LED tube lights(just like T5 ) diwn my side walls. First run with them but I can tell a difference in the lower nugs.
STR8

Dan789

Dan789

but i dont really have the electricty supply for another ballast but I could run this through my lighting ring.

Not getting where you’d power these extra lights which would add from 450 to 900watts, if you don’t have “the electricity supply”? (45x10;20=450/900 watts). If you do, I like @str8smokn suggestion on whole T5 fixtures.

Top Bottom