Supply line? Not getting flow to all buckets.

• Thread starter wowzerz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wowzerz

Hello, I have a RDWC setup (posting here because I'm sure alot of UC systems have similar feed systems)
I had a 12 bucket setup, that run is done but two are still finishing:
http://img258.invalid.com/img258/3484/11191.jpg

So now I setup a new 16 bucket setup in another room to start vegging the next batch:
http://img51.invalid.com/img51/8779/11191e.th.jpg
http://img600.invalid.com/img600/5372/11193.th.jpg

Here is a layout of the feed lines, please bare with me and my paint skills:
http://img264.invalid.com/img264/841/32169754.png

Only problem is that I don't get water flow from all feed lines, I even tried with a 700gph pump, is there another way I should set this up?
Feed lines are 1/2" btw

St3ve

St3ve

So guessing, it looks like you are getting progressively less flow as you get to the last row?

What I would do is, cut off the pvc next to the first T and cap it. Meaning, as you are coming up the main feed, chop and cap it just before the first row on the bottom.

Now, either move your res bucket, or just pipe up the left to dead center of the four feed lines. I would probably also change this to 3/4 to help but you don't have to. then connect it with a T to the main feed line. Doing this will center the line giving more even pressure.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Your system is not a loop like the UC systems and you will have circualtion problems all the time. With terminated runs with buckets on the end your goin to have dead spots all through the system.

There is a device you can put inline that will even the flow pressrue to all your lines but it doesn't work as well as you would want.

Tex

R

RMCG

On those last buckets, where the manifold ends, add T's and connect them all to equalize the flow/pressure.

W

wowzerz

So guessing, it looks like you are getting progressively less flow as you get to the last row?

What I would do is, cut off the pvc next to the first T and cap it. Meaning, as you are coming up the main feed, chop and cap it just before the first row on the bottom.

Now, either move your res bucket, or just pipe up the left to dead center of the four feed lines. I would probably also change this to 3/4 to help but you don't have to. then connect it with a T to the main feed line. Doing this will center the line giving more even pressure.
Thanks for the reply.
I have pressure to the first two buckets on each row, and the second two have no pressure. I will try moving the main supply line to between the middle two rows as you suggested.(will do tonight when lights come on)

W

wowzerz

On those last buckets, where the manifold ends, add T's and connect them all to equalize the flow/pressure.
If connecting the main feed between the middle two rows doesn't solve this I will try this next. Thank you.

BTW, I am going to soon setup another 16 buckets as soon as these two girls are finished.

would an undercurrent type of feed setup be preferable with this many buckets?

I previously had 12 buckets, and I had the tiny spaghetti drip line feeding the buckets, I got even pressure to all buckets, but it was a very low flow. It seems that high flow is beneficial in these setups so that's what I'm moving towards.
Any suggestions?? Thanks again fro all your replies, I do appreciate it. :talking

J

Jalisco Kid

I would bring in the water inbetween row 2 and 3. Use a cross connection here. Continue that to the end add a t and connect that back run together. Otherwise you are just creating problems for your plants you will not be able to deal with. JK

W

wowzerz

I tried connecting the main in between rows 2 and 3, same problem, only flow to first two buckets in each row. I need this fixed asap so I scratched the whole feed setup. I went back to the small spagghetti lines.
I still need to setup my buckets in my flower room, I really would like to go with a high flow feed for this, any suggestions? How exactly do UC feed systems work? I know they are high flow, but Im just not sure how they are setup. I was on google for an hour yesterday looking at peoples UC setups, and cant figure out how the feed systemw orks on it.

convex

convex

Create a loop for your feed then tap for your feeds from the loop ... this will ensure consistent pressure to all feed lines.

Feed
St3ve

St3ve

If that will wasn't enough just leave it where it is and add a closed loop to the other side similar to what RMCG just posted.

That way you only have to nip off the ends of the rows and add some elbows and t's with some more pipe. This would be the easiest way to use what you have there now and equalize the pressure.

W

wowzerz

like i said before, I have already scrapped it and went back to spaghetti drip lines to each bucket. Super slow flow, but it works. As for my New flower setup, i will be putting it together as soon as the buckets arrive.

Will be plumbing them for drainage with 1"1/4 pvc.

Want super high flow.

How should I set this up???? Thanks.

BTW, they will be layed out the same as in the earlier diagram, they will just be spaced out further (8'x8', 4x 1000wHPS, 4 per light)

W

wowzerz

Setting new system up tomorrow. Any one have ANY suggestions on the feedline?
I need high flow to 16 buckets. 1 and 1/4" drains

W

wowzerz

no one uses high flow feed lines? Just got done clearing the room out. Plants went longer, they were niiiiiiiice and ripe :) Cleaned room today. Setting up the new bucket system tomorrow. Any Ideas on a high flow :smiley_joint:feedline setup?

St3ve

St3ve

Just set it up with a closed loop so it will take care of the pressure being equal. Then it really should matter how and where you run the lines.

W

wowzerz

Will be setting the system up today after work. Wish me luck :icon_spin:

W

wowzerz

one thing after another. Finally got some 1.5" drain fittings and o rings that I thought would work. And it still leaks.

This is incredibly frustrating.

powerplant

powerplant

Check out what gettogro use to stop his leaking problem, with the pvc and round buckets. See last pic on page 3.

W

wowzerz

Check out what gettogro used to stop his leaking problem, with the pvc and round buckets. See last pic on page 3.

Thank you for pointing me to that thread. That is exactly how I will set them up. I got everything today except the rubber washers. The only place that had them did not have enough. I will try a plumbing supply store tomorrow. Wow this is taking a lot longer then expected.
Thanks again for the help guys.

Top Bottom