Supposed to get down to 32* tuesday night questions?

• Thread starter groran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
groran

groran

all my plants are outdoors in 25-gallon bags and it's supposed to get down to 32* Tuesday night. Should I wait and see if it kills them? Should I just harvest Tuesday before it freezes? What happens to the flowers if they freeze, are they ruined? I think all of them are due for harvest max 2 weeks anyway. I sure would like to let them mature to the full if I could. Day temps are around 80* on average. Man we went from summer to winter and I'm in the friken desert!! I would wrap my pen with a plastic cover but it's big and would cost probably $100 to wrap. So what yall think? thanks

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Im not outdoors so I have no idea what Im talking about but if thats just an irregular cold night and ita going to warm back up my mom used to put blankets over the plants that she couldnt/didnt want to move in yet.

Not sure if itll help

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Most plants can handle temps down to 32 for a few hours. Some strains can go down to 28-29 as long as it warms up the next day. Don’t freak about an infrequent low temperature forecast and harvest prematurely. If the plant needs another two weeks, wait. If forecast low temperature is 25-27, consider chopping. Other outdoor growers can add their comments. Good luck. You’re almost there

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Are they calling for a frost or just low temps?

A trick I learned a while back for low temps was to fill thermos’ or water packs with hot water and put them on top of the root zone over night. Swap them out after midnight if you’re super paranoid. Even a thermal blanket over the soil would work ok.

If you’re not expecting frost, protect the root zone. If you are, protect the buds with a sheet or cover of some sort. But 32 degrees is right about where you want to start thinking about a plan.

mancorn

mancorn

I wouldn’t harvest. If they’re up against the house/building they’ll be OK. You say you have “a pen”, so as suggested, sounds easy to throw a sheet over them (especially if they’re out in the open).

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

I wouldn’t harvest. If they’re up against the house/building they’ll be OK. You say you have “a pen”, so as suggested, sounds easy to throw a sheet over them (especially if they’re out in the open).
Thats another thing if against a building that absorbs warmth all day they will definately be ok over night. Brick obviously holds more heat over night that vinyl siding

Top Bottom