Sure To Grow - Anyone grown with it yet

• Thread starter nkkhills
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nkkhills

nkkhills

I've been running coco and thinking about switching to the new grow media call "Sure To Grow".
I'm sure some of you has seen it and heard about.
I did a search here but nothing useful.

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

won't buy anymore coco

I use stg loose fill in 1 gal smart pots with great results. less dusty than coco and doesn't attract bugs like coco does. I find it easier to "read" the plants in STG, when they have enough nutrients they point their fan blades up and droop quicker when they need water.

If you are thinking of ordering some, check out this great online store. :animbong:

R

redog

Re:nkkhills

I have used the STG starter cubes and I want to try the
stuff Cali mentioned next.
I like it.

STG starter cubes
nkkhills

nkkhills

I have a few boxes of the 4x4x4 cubes and have not did any test run with them.
May will give it a try on this round.

D

Doc Farmer

STG cubes work great.
They do not wick like rockwool, which means you can keep the very top of the cube dry and not have to worry so much about rotting the base of your stems, this also keeps the algae from growing on the top of the cube.
STG also holds more air than rockwool and the roots don't seem to have to work as hard to get out of the cube..
They do however dry out quicker than rockwool so keep an eye on them..

S

sparky421

I germinated a DinaFem seed in the S2G cubes. just add seed and water.

I also tried cloning with these and a EZgrow plug.
results so far is the EZgrow rooted faster, I'm still waiting to see roots from the S2G's

G

GroHi

Have a bit of experience taking cuts w these... they are my favorite starting cubes... stay very airy so no issues at all w DO or the like. Bene's even take well to it. Would rec pulling the finer felt from the starter cubes as my roots don't like to grow there & it stays much wetter. Just peal that stuff off is my vote.

About to try the insert on the Ebb&Gro, though traditionally coir myself. Problem had always been top feeding & the STG's do not distribute moisture well... tends to channel with single or dual point top feeds. Seems better suited for a flood&drain or all out top-fed by hand. Somewhat flimsy so will likely need additional support, e.g., pots.

Definitely more convenient, definitely. Ultimately will depend on final quality of meds, so...

Peace.

Top Bottom