Sure To Grow products??

• Thread starter fishcabo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fishcabo

Anyone out there using suretogrow cubes and pads?? If so, how did they perform? What grow process did you use ie, ebb and flow, etc.?? Thanks for any advice.

Giddeon

Giddeon

I agree Malachi the STG product is way expensive. In my opinion Rockwool is easy enough to deal with its just a little itchy.

N

nughit

I have also heard nothing but problems with the STG products. It holds way to much water is what everyone is saying.

S

Sirius

i had good results with the slabs... just put rockwool cubes on them drip to waste... although in the future ill just go back to straight rockwool... and for the extra root space ill just create a sealed root environment using ebb n flow... with possibly a fogger... when i bought them the slabs were actually cheaper than rockwool... hope this helps.

I

IGKali

Experimented with the clipper (clone puck) and ebb & grow inserts. Pucks retain far too much moisture ( in fact, we would use the water soaked clippers to water the cactus around the shop) and the inserts lack support. We've heard horror stories of inserts being pushed out of buckets during the flood cycle. I also have reason to disagree with the belief that they don't wick enough to grow algae...
Over all, if they can compete with hydroton, that's as much as they can do. You're paying almost double just for convenience...

F

fishcabo

Thanks everyone for your responses. Where I was going with this was I planned to do a majority of vegging in a separate room while the flowering was finishing up. I had planned to start my clones in the small cubes and transfer them into the 6" ones. From there, I would move them to the flowering room onto a mat with ebb and flow. I think now I will stick with 6" rockwool, veg to about 8", move to the flower room, cover with hydroton, veg another week and then flower. The only thing I am concerned about with the 6" rockwool cubes is mold. Should I decrease the # of cycles per day to account for the excess moisture the 6" cubes hold?

S

Sirius

once a day (i used to run it right before the lights come on) for 15 minutes should be good for 6" cubes. if its really hot, you would have to run a second cycle... monitor the moisture in the cubes.

M

Malachi

your rockwool will be fine if you cover the top with some panda plastic, or that foam board they sell at craft stores works good. Light x Moisture= Mold Take the light out of the equation and you will be all set

F

fishcabo

Thanks again Serious and Malachi and all the rest. I have normally used the small, clone sized rockwool and put them into the hydroton with 3-4x per day with no problem with mold (whole tray covered with panda film). The pump even went out one time for two days and the hydroton held enough water for very little damage, if any. I will try the once per day for the 6" cubes in hydroton, just at sunrise, so to say. If I do a diary, how small do the pixels need to be for acceptance and how many posts do I need to start a thread with pics? Great site.

H

halitzor

I'm using STG cylinders in 6" netpots right now.... they are better than rockwool in every way imaginable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom