Surprisingly Good Artile On Trichoderma In Max Yield

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have been looking in to how often the root pack should be applied, and I ran across this article inmax yield. Based on this and other readings, it seems to me that the root pack would best be applied ona bi-weekly basis as a preventative measure, especially in hydro.

Until my microscope gets here and I can start studying the cultures (and if feeding cars aka molasses really does "keep up the herd", my recommendation is going to be every 2 weeks as a preventative.

P

purple platypus

Hey Cap good article!
Ive been doin mycology work for many years. Its a pretty big hobby of mine so this stuff interests me on many levels.

In my experience adding carbs or sugars does speed up the growth of mycelium growing spores and most fungus spores. But that doesnt mean it will raise the count of the actual spores that spawn, just speed up the growth of ones that do. Ever brew greatwhite with carbs? You get long strands of mycelium growing in a very short time. I would also think that it would cause them to exuast themselve at a faster rate. But not in two weeks. A biweekly dose would prob be perfect.

If your looking for the fastest way to get things goin it would be to first start growing the spores in a very mild carb solution. after 24 hrs or once you see mycelium growing break up the strands by stirring, then dose up your soil. This is the same principal behind using liquid culture when growing mushrooms. It just inoculates the entire substrate quicker.

Also if anyone would be interested in seeing pics of some of the mycelium producing spores I was gonna try and isolate some of them on petri dishes. If anyone else is interested ill post some pics. but it will take atleast a month or two. Haha ok time for me to stop before I start rambling too much. I can talk all day bout this stuff!:talking

P

purple platypus

Haha still cant pm so I sent you a reply on ebay. Thanks Cap

W

wanderingwobble

Agreed! very informative article. Kinda dumbed it down for me a bit. as a general consensus is great white the #1 out there right now? I noticed it had the most different types of myco and tricoderma in there, do you guys recommend anything else?

P

purple platypus

Agreed! very informative article. Kinda dumbed it down for me a bit. as a general consensus is great white the #1 out there right now? I noticed it had the most different types of myco and tricoderma in there, do you guys recommend anything else?

Yep right here:

Top Bottom