Survey: How long have you been using your current grow light(s)?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I’m a big fan of kingbrite 240w boards 3000k +red, uv, ir. I’ve been running 16 of them for almost 3 years and all of them are still working great. Just have to clean them between crops.
Before that I was running mars ts 1000s. All of them died within a month of each other just after the warranty expired

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

I’m a big fan of kingbrite 240w boards 3000k +red, uv, ir. I’ve been running 16 of them for almost 3 years and all of them are still working great. Just have to clean them between crops.
Before that I was running mars ts 1000s. All of them died within a month of each other just after the warranty expired
I probably should have just went with the kingbrite. Probably could have 2 or 3 for the price of a HLG

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
I am halfway through my first grow with a new full spectrum board. no maint. or any mechanical issues.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I have an old global star blurple with a veg and bloom switch I have had since 2016. Still works great, I use it for seedlings and early veg. Works great for that but not for flowering.
I also have 2 bloom plus bp3000 quantum boards with 3k-5k-660-730 diodes the oldest is about 2yrs old, both work well for flowering.
I also have 2 vivosun cmh 315 that I purchased 3 yrs ago, both still work great.
The only maintenance I have done on any of my lights is cleaning them and last grow I had to change my CMH bulbs. I had a couple purchases prior to any of these that did not work out and had to send lights back.
I have recently been looking into lights that would work better with my footprint.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I have 4 grows with 2 x150 (groplanner) led in my 70cmx70cm tent. I flower around 66% of wattage. First led I own. I did have a 400w metal halide in the early 90s I used once. Someone borrowed it and I've never saw again.

Murdawg420

Murdawg420

8 year old 600W digital HPS and a CFL 200W "hippy hanger" in a 5x5 , haven't even changed the bulb in over 7 years (HPS).
Usual maintenance of a wipe down between harvests, and good to go again!..
I don't plan on fixing what isn't broken.
The CFL bulb gets replaced every other year or so, one side will usually go before the entire bulb is done, letting you at least limp through until you can get a replacement.
Works for me, and the plants aren't complaining.👍

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

8 year old 600W digital HPS and a CFL 200W "hippy hanger" in a 5x5 , haven't even changed the bulb in over 7 years (HPS).
The CFL bulb gets replaced every other year or so, one side will usually go before the entire bulb is done, letting you at least limp through until you can get a replacement.
7 years on one hps bulb astounding
what is your lux meter telling you
why not replace bulb interesting

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I'm glad i'm not the only that bought Chinese LEDs and is moderately happy with them lol

I'm entering my 3rd grow with a cheap set of 110w chinese LEDs($40-50 each), claim lm301h. Only thing i did to them maintenance wise was wipe them down. I bought these last year.

I will also be using a new Spider Farmer SF2000 on the next grow with the 2 chinese lights in a 4x4.
We have released a upgraded XS2000, its coverage is 4x2/3x3, which is worth a try too, lol~ 😊

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Thanks for your sharing! You have a lot of planting experience!👍👍

E

Edinburg

Have a 2 cycle 600w Viperspectra, now been running 8 year's, runs so well I was afraid it would die, nope, bought another still un boxed in case, but the light keeps chugging along nicely grow after grow after grow!!!

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

In all honesty, I couldn't tell ya. I don't have a Lux meter, nor would I count on a phone app for it.
What I do count on, is how / what the plants are doing. Ultimately they tell a better story than a bunch of numbers😉
it use to be more simple i feel less number. the best numbers where inch per day plants are growing, for which we took note as they couldnt get too close to the lights
depending on your phone you get some calibrated app out there

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

Ive been running my first leds 2x 150watt groplanners with dimmer and timmer ran by wifi app only for 4 years than upgraded with the fc-e3000 in the 3x3 and this has been now 1 year and got my ct-720 by cultiuana and this lights in my 4x6 for now 8 months

My oldest ran light i still have is my blurpurple for starts and thats now running strong for 11years with once having to open to clean dust out fans other than wipe down before each new grow

And tgats the 600w phlizon

F

Flakey.Jakey

I’ve been using Viparspectra LED’s for six years- started with 250’s, then added a few 450’s, upgraded all of those in the last couple of years to xs2000’s. Saved some of my older ones in case of an emergency, but haven’t had to use them😢. I dust and wipe them down once in a while, that’s about it. Never had a problem with any of the Viparspectra.

E

Edinburg

I bought the first one for a bit over $200 a 2 cycle 600 w, heavy at over 10lbs, I grow autoflowers with it bc it has that blue white light were a full spec light can cause an autoflower to flower early and or dwarf out, and if you want full spec it's there plus bloom, at that point after 5 years of continues use I started to get worried it would die, and you were changing the style of your lights so to be safe I bought another this time for $150 that was 3 years ago and never un boxed it, aside from wipeing it off no bulb has ever blown, you seriously need to put this 2 cycle light on a board, and you seriously need to make a bloom board until you do that your a toss up between spider farmer with there Samsung diodes! Here is your light 8 year's old and what it is still doing.

E

Edinburg

I agree and disagree, Viperspectra is every good as spider farmer, they have been in business longer allowing them to sell there lights at a lower cost, there not cheapo lights, if I needed a full spec light I would save money and go with Viperspectra bc there cheapo light has been on for 8 year's, but they need to make a 2 cycle board and a bloom board.

Top Bottom