Suspect early brown pistils on Maui Wowie

• Thread starter azbassist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

azbassist

This is my 2nd grow and I've done tons of reading, but info from more experienced growers is more helpful. My Maui Wowie just started week 5 of flowering. Two of the lower bud sites, the pistils have started turning brownish. I've read this can happen if a plant turns hermie and let's out a bit of pollen. I've inspected the plant (and the 3 others in the room) and I don't see any male or suspect parts. All the bud sites at the top of the plant still have white pistils, it's just these two lower ones. The part that is turning brown already is getting the brunt of the fan in the room, so I.m curious if that could be causing it. What else could turn a lower pistil orange/brown so quickly while the top seems right on schedule?
Suspect early brown pistils on maui wowie
Suspect early brown pistils on maui wowie 2
Suspect early brown pistils on maui wowie 3
Suspect early brown pistils on maui wowie 4
Suspect early brown pistils on maui wowie 5
Suspect early brown pistils on maui wowie 6

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The hemi thing is a load of bad information probably bro science it has no truth to it one iota.

As your guessed it’s more lightly the fan.
Having it blowing direct on the plant will cause damage

If it’s a tower fan put a bit of Muslim or something like that over it so it’s not blowing as hard

If it’s one of the round osculating fans make it face the wall and the air will bounce off the walls

That or position it so it’s not blowing directly on the plant 🪴🙂

Btw nice looking plant but maybe cut back on the n a tad

A

azbassist

The hemi thing is a load of bad information probably bro science it has no truth to it one iota.

As your guessed it’s more lightly the fan.
Having it blowing direct on the plant will cause damage

If it’s a tower fan put a bit of Muslim or something like that over it so it’s not blowing as hard

If it’s one of the round osculating fans make it face the wall and the air will bounce off the walls

That or position it so it’s not blowing directly on the plant 🪴🙂

Btw nice looking plant but maybe cut back on the n a tad
Thanks. It's a small oscillating that I have aimed to breeze all the plant's. I'll reposition it lights on tomorrow. i appreciate it!

Top Bottom