Suspicious ballz - are these normal?

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Phyto

A seed doesn't wreck a grow, yes you can carefully remove the nanners, and keep you eyes out for more. Sometimes they throw a bunch of them, other times only a few. Also, agree that your light needs to either be turned up or closer to the plant(s).

B

Budclarkson

A seed doesn't wreck a grow, yes you can carefully remove the nanners, and keep you eyes out for more. Sometimes they throw a bunch of them, other times only a few. Also, agree that your light needs to either be turned up or closer to the plant(s).
I’m concerned about affecting the other two plants now. Turned the T33 up to 70%

B

Budclarkson

Some of these are definitely pollinated. Pic 1 at the cross.
Pic 2 those big fat ones in the middle like.

Man it’s not getting any better.

@GNick55 and the collective Farmer Borg this Auto is 8weeks in now from sprout and should be near the end. No germination issues with this Gorilla 2.0 attempt.

I am not seeing any flowers here just seed pods. WTF can I get out out of this thing that’s smokeable!?

This is the top main “cola”

BFA62A82 EE83 4AB7 83B7 6755743F57B2

Thinking to remove the plant, put it in netting and maybe put it outside. Temps are still 50ish at night and a lot of rainy weather. But what is usable with just leaves and seeds?

In contrast here is the Haze Auto germinated at the same time.

7E36D566 8E2F 489C 9777 A78F1ED69A5A

74F3E141 014A 47E2 BD2F 13022DF50A0F

DEACFA7D 5F95 4322 AE89 F772AD23FEB3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmm there’s a lot of 3 fingered leaves, meaning some bad stress that is affecting development, almost but ain’t looks like revegging,.,
your hours staying consistent?

Zer0Tolerance

Zer0Tolerance

The development of the 'flower' looks very Dr. Grinspoon phenotype like. As far as the seeds, considering how developed the seed is now and the fact that you have the open pollen sack, it's really about whether or not you need the space for anything else.

If it were a fully formed flower that had some seeds, then I'd be more willing to dig through some seeds for the flower. But, at this point, I'm not sure how much you'll be able to salvage. Now, seeds on the other hand. You could let it ride for the seeds, as some of the offspring will surely be normal. In that case, keep it alive until the calyx swell and the seeds turn brown. Then you know they're nice and ripe.

B

Budclarkson

mmm there’s a lot of 3 fingered leaves, meaning some bad stress that is affecting development, almost but ain’t looks like revegging,.,
your hours staying consistent?
A month ago I lost power 2 days in a row so truncated daylight on those 2 days. Temp dropped from 75 to in the 60s. That was enough to flip my Photo clone I had in there at the time so I moved it to the other tent for 12/12. Screwed up my plan to top it before flipping but no biggie.

Otherwise these Autos have received 16/8 consistently.

B

Budclarkson

The development of the 'flower' looks very Dr. Grinspoon phenotype like. As far as the seeds, considering how developed the seed is now and the fact that you have the open pollen sack, it's really about whether or not you need the space for anything else.

If it were a fully formed flower that had some seeds, then I'd be more willing to dig through some seeds for the flower. But, at this point, I'm not sure how much you'll be able to salvage. Now, seeds on the other hand. You could let it ride for the seeds, as some of the offspring will surely be normal. In that case, keep it alive until the calyx swell and the seeds turn brown. Then you know they're nice and ripe.
How the hell was every flower pollinated on this thing?

Harvest is a bit long for this auto flower at 10-12 weeks. Should be buds at this point, no?

I also don’t get much smell off the plant like the other 2. Actually smells a little odd.

What’s the risk of this Gorilla turd affecting my other two plants if I leave it in there?

The seed I pulled out looked mature to me. If the plant is behaving like this you still think these seeds will grow normal acting weed? I have no experience with seeds, self pollinated from the same plant at that.

Bilber

Bilber

Hey Bud.....looking at the last set of pictures, I'd either chop or move the one plant.....I believe it got hit pretty good....I'm thinking I see at least 2 clusters of nanas in the pic.....Wishing you the best.....and seeded bud is not the end of the world....yes, we love sensimilla, but......

Zer0Tolerance

Zer0Tolerance

How the hell was every flower pollinated on this thing?

Harvest is a bit long for this auto flower at 10-12 weeks. Should be buds at this point, no?

I also don’t get much smell off the plant like the other 2. Actually smells a little odd.

What’s the risk of this Gorilla turd affecting my other two plants if I leave it in there?

The seed I pulled out looked mature to me. If the plant is behaving like this you still think these seeds will grow normal acting weed? I have no experience with seeds, self pollinated from the same plant at that.
Well, I can't be certain every calyx on that thing is pollinated. You'd have to wait to watch them all pop open, squeeze them to see if they're hard, etc.

The buds won't be forming on that plant at all. The way the calyx formed, I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to look like in the end, with more swelling of each individual calyx. Maybe each one of them looking like an individual foxtail. However, of its seeded, don't plan on more than it focusing on procuring the seeds. The time line will be extended a little while it diverts energy into seed production.

There's not much risk to the other two of there aren't male flower or nanners on it. So, you could just let it ride out.

If that plant looks like that, then it will pass on those genes to the seeds in its offspring. Some of the offspring will carry that gene. There's a good chance that you'd plant that bean and it looks like a normal gorilla turd though. So, hope isn't lost. The good news is that you might have plenty of beans to be able to plant a few and then toss the ones that look like they're growing funny.

I wrote all that and then I read your last sentence about self pollination. Maybe when I initially read this thread and this morning I was too tired to notice, but I thought another plant hermed and pollinated this gorilla turd. If that's the case, you should be ok with the seeds. If it self pollinated, your chances of normal seeds just went down a little because it just doubled up on the 'turd looking' trait, of you will.

Hope that makes sense as I just woke up

B

Budclarkson

Well, I can't be certain every calyx on that thing is pollinated. You'd have to wait to watch them all pop open, squeeze them to see if they're hard, etc.

The buds won't be forming on that plant at all. The way the calyx formed, I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to look like in the end, with more swelling of each individual calyx. Maybe each one of them looking like an individual foxtail. However, of its seeded, don't plan on more than it focusing on procuring the seeds. The time line will be extended a little while it diverts energy into seed production.

There's not much risk to the other two of there aren't male flower or nanners on it. So, you could just let it ride out.

If that plant looks like that, then it will pass on those genes to the seeds in its offspring. Some of the offspring will carry that gene. There's a good chance that you'd plant that bean and it looks like a normal gorilla turd though. So, hope isn't lost. The good news is that you might have plenty of beans to be able to plant a few and then toss the ones that look like they're growing funny.

I wrote all that and then I read your last sentence about self pollination. Maybe when I initially read this thread and this morning I was too tired to notice, but I thought another plant hermed and pollinated this gorilla turd. If that's the case, you should be ok with the seeds. If it self pollinated, your chances of normal seeds just went down a little because it just doubled up on the 'turd looking' trait, of you will.

Hope that makes sense as I just woke up

The plant I found the nanners in was a CBD photo plant isolated in an adjacent tent with two other Kush Photo plants. Last grow. The CBD was in the back corner so I didn’t examine closely during the grow. No s Ed’s on any of the 3 photos.

When I chopped the nanner CBD and denannered th cuttings I do not think the Gorilla was in the other tent yet. I’ll need to check but I believe it was in the dome at that time. Never in the same tent, but it’s possible pollen particles from that tent spread/contaminated rhe Auto tent where the gorilla is. I eventually wiped down the photo/dry tent but was about 3-4 weeks ago, so some overlap with the Gorila in the adjacent tent.

You would just think all 3 Autos would be pollinated if one was, right?

If the Auto Gorilla got pollinated from the Photo CBD what does that make??

Weird stuff. The immaculate Ape pollination.

B

Budclarkson

Hey Bud.....looking at the last set of pictures, I'd either chop or move the one plant.....I believe it got hit pretty good....I'm thinking I see at least 2 clusters of nanas in the pic.....Wishing you the best.....and seeded bud is not the end of the world....yes, we love sensimilla, but......
Yeah but where are the buds? Just smoke dried up leaves with seeds like the old days lol.

Zer0Tolerance

Zer0Tolerance

The plant I found the nanners in was a CBD photo plant isolated in an adjacent tent with two other Kush Photo plants. Last grow. The CBD was in the back corner so I didn’t examine closely during the grow. No s Ed’s on any of the 3 photos.

When I chopped the nanner CBD and denannered th cuttings I do not think the Gorilla was in the other tent yet. I’ll need to check but I believe it was in the dome at that time. Never in the same tent, but it’s possible pollen particles from that tent spread/contaminated rhe Auto tent where the gorilla is. I eventually wiped down the photo/dry tent but was about 3-4 weeks ago, so some overlap with the Gorila in the adjacent tent.

You would just think all 3 Autos would be pollinated if one was, right?

If the Auto Gorilla got pollinated from the Photo CBD what does that make??

Weird stuff. The immaculate Ape pollination.
Yeah, that makes sense that it got pollinated pretty early on based on how mature the seed was when you pulled it off. If one got pollinated from the pollen from another tent, it's safe to say that the others have as well. I'd take a look close up at the others to see if you can see some buried swollen calyx. If they were pollinated early on, and only early on, they might be easier to see if you look on the underside of the buds.

If the auto (pp) got pollinated from a photoperiod (PP), you'd have essentially 'fast flower' (Pp) F1 offspring. If you then bred those offspring, then you could start working back into some autoflowering.

Regarding the CBD, you'd have some offspring with high cbd/low thc, half/half, low cbd/high thc.

Bilber

Bilber

Yeah but where are the buds? Just smoke dried up leaves with seeds like the old days lol.
It happens....seriously though.....that's one of the Main reasons I grow the way I do.....if I lose a plant, I've got a backup, for that backup, for that backup, for.............

Your grows are awesome! Just keep doing what you're doing......for some, it comes naturally.....for others, me, it takes time....

B

Budclarkson

It happens....seriously though.....that's one of the Main reasons I grow the way I do.....if I lose a plant, I've got a backup, for that backup, for that backup, for.............
Your grows are awesome! Just keep doing what you're doing......for some, it comes naturally.....for others, me, it takes time....

Your right, I should be doing at least two of each plant type. I’ve had a few instances with seedlings going south.

In this case I had no clue until I noticed the thin sticky branches, sparse leaves and no buds. Disappointed in this Gorilla as the 2nd time these bum seeds failed. And here I am making more 🤣

Top Bottom