Swami Organic Seeds?

• Thread starter Elevated
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elevated

Any heard about this breeder. They supposedly have strains from brotherhood eternal love and land race genetics. Very interested but dont wanna waste 150$ for pack. Saw people talk on rollitup but wondering anyone on farm hear about these guys?

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I have an all-Swami grow going on right now, end of week 6.
He is on Instagram too with a lot more pictures ect . They have a few 1/2 pack deals on a few strains too. Otherwise, most of the strains are $100 for 15pk and a freebie.
Here are some pictures.
TheOne x RKS/Uruapan on the left, Blue Orca Haze in the middle, and the super-stretchy one on the right is NL#5/HazeF6.

DSC 6083
TheOne x RKS/Uruapan
DSC 6073
Blue Orca Haze

DSC 6076

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ive grown a few,still trying to figure out were the OLD SCHOOL part of it is,hahaha,the vietnam black x puto rojo is the only one ive grown that was semi close to the real deal,dont be fooled by the opening punch line of old school genetics there are still a few of us folks from that era if ya dig

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
ive grown a few,still trying to figure out were the OLD SCHOOL part of it is,hahaha,the vietnam black x puto rojo is the only one ive grown that was semi close to the real deal,dont be fooled by the opening punch line of old school genetics there are still a few of us folks from that era if ya dig

Maybe he’s 30 so his version of old school is 10 years ago, ha! My old school is 90s and early 2000s. I’m 40. @Buzzer777’s old school is the shit him and Adam and Eve used to smoke, ha!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Maybe he’s 30 so his version of old school is 10 years ago, ha! My old school is 90s and early 2000s. I’m 40. @Buzzer777’s old school is the shit him and Adam and Eve used to smoke, ha!
that my guess and not sadly disapointed ,the vietnam black is close and very well might be the real deal,but what i smoked in the day came right from there hahahahah,ive grown the yogi,cherry bomb,vietnam blackxpunto rojo,the one,the only one i like is the black it works really great for a speedy mind but broke body lol,dont waste me but slows down the incoming chopper blades hahahahh didnt get a chance to try the nigerian sunshine,he was a excellant stud,if i was waiting to find another like it,would be years lmao

E

Elevated

Im stoked to here it's real deal. I've grown up on hybrids that came from landrace and it so great to see it coming back. It will be great to press re wind and make sure we didnt miss anything or just to do it again!

northernblue

northernblue

I think the big problem is the stuff from way back in the day was grown at origin. making it very different cannabis. grow those same seeds in a different environment let alone inside and things things change. this is obviously not new news. I wanna say swami has the real shit but always hard to tell in this business.

AAA1971

AAA1971

@goingtoguano a year later, how did those Swami strains smoke? I’ve got a bunch of Swami genetics and happen to have the three you pictured.

thanks brother!

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

@goingtoguano a year later, how did those Swami strains smoke? I’ve got a bunch of Swami genetics and happen to have the three you pictured.

thanks brother!

Hey @AAA1971.
I liked them all (of course I might be biased). The BOH was the best of the three without a doubt. It has a lot going for it, potency, good yield, pungent terps, and bag appeal. The blue color shows the trichs well and is a definite crowd-pleaser. It was also one of the best structured plants I have grown with just the right amount of stretch, a nice shape, and branches that could hold up the buds without additional support,...until I tried to carry them upstairs to trim, and then all hell broke loose :-)

TheOne x RKS/Uruapan was also very good in a lot of aspects. A little taller (with a little better yield), really frosty/ good potency, and nice and tasty. The branches needed a little support at the end and I was hoping for more skunky terps but, all in all, I'd grow it again if I didn't want to try new stuff (which is always the case).

The NL5Haze was a wild one. I popped a few beans to have a choice of girls to keep and I picked one wide-leaf pheno and one narrow-leaf. The wide-leaf one ended up being somewhat of a dud/ really disappointing. It only grew like 18" tall and thick, it smokes fine but just doesn't have it, What really sucks about that was I threw at least one average girl out for it. Oh well, live and learn. The narrow-leaf one was the exact oppposite. That fucker stretched 5x and never stopped growing. I finally gave up on it after day 122 I think. It could have gone longer, I just got tired of looking at it. I think it was basically all Haze. It yielded the best due to its size but the buds have a more sativa looser-look to them (less bag appeal) but the smoke is very good I think. I have seen pictures of other peoples grows of this strain and they dont look like either of the two I grew. If you try this strain, I would pop a few extra beans and be very selective about the ones you keep.

Hope this helps 👍

AAA1971

AAA1971

Hey @AAA1971.
I liked them all (of course I might be biased). The BOH was the best of the three without a doubt. It has a lot going for it, potency, good yield, pungent terps, and bag appeal. The blue color shows the trichs well and is a definite crowd-pleaser. It was also one of the best structured plants I have grown with just the right amount of stretch, a nice shape, and branches that could hold up the buds without additional support,...until I tried to carry them upstairs to trim, and then all hell broke loose :-)

TheOne x RKS/Uruapan was also very good in a lot of aspects. A little taller (with a little better yield), really frosty/ good potency, and nice and tasty. The branches needed a little support at the end and I was hoping for more skunky terps but, all in all, I'd grow it again if I didn't want to try new stuff (which is always the case).

The NL5Haze was a wild one. I popped a few beans to have a choice of girls to keep and I picked one wide-leaf pheno and one narrow-leaf. The wide-leaf one ended up being somewhat of a dud/ really disappointing. It only grew like 18" tall and thick, it smokes fine but just doesn't have it, What really sucks about that was I threw at least one average girl out for it. Oh well, live and learn. The narrow-leaf one was the exact oppposite. That fucker stretched 5x and never stopped growing. I finally gave up on it after day 122 I think. It could have gone longer, I just got tired of looking at it. I think it was basically all Haze. It yielded the best due to its size but the buds have a more sativa looser-look to them (less bag appeal) but the smoke is very good I think. I have seen pictures of other peoples grows of this strain and they dont look like either of the two I grew. If you try this strain, I would pop a few extra beans and be very selective about the ones you keep.

Hope this helps 👍

hell yeah that helps!

thank you my friend.

I have the blue orca/RKS/Urupan not the one.

I've actually got over 15 Swami strains. I’m overwhelmed!

I‘ll start a journal once I get to them.
Take care.

what are you growing now? I’ve got a bunch of Duke diamond/dominion strains going.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Still growing the same strains that I grew in the 70s. Potency is much higher nowadays, but it is getting like fast food instead of an old fashioned deli that makes everything fresh, where you can tell the differences in the taste of ingredients. No disrespect to current genetics, but anymore, it's like putting a great meal in a blender and serving it up. It's all there, but not much difference compared to the days when there were only a few strains, none were legal, and handed down in an almost religious way, coveted and appreciated.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Still growing the same strains that I grew in the 70s. Potency is much higher nowadays, but it is getting like fast food instead of an old fashioned deli that makes everything fresh, where you can tell the differences in the taste of ingredients. No disrespect to current genetics, but anymore, it's like putting a great meal in a blender and serving it up. It's all there, but not much difference compared to the days when there were only a few strains, none were legal, and handed down in an almost religious way, coveted and appreciated.

Old fashioned deli comparison. I like it!

I also think lower thc may have let other cannabanoids we dont understand yet get theough more. The shiny clear everything enhanced and beautiful part seems missing now in many strains. The Blue Lemon Thai has that effect some.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Im stoked to here it's real deal. I've grown up on hybrids that came from landrace and it so great to see it coming back. It will be great to press re wind and make sure we didnt miss anything or just to do it again!
The point of all of this is that it is nearly impossible to get many of the older landrace strains simply because the only way to get them is to go to the same area and get them and hope they haven't been hybridized as well. In earlier days, crosses weren't common and choices were limited. Sometimes you struck gold, but sometimes you struck out. Surprisingly, some of the better grows from years back came from nasty looking bags, which had more seeds than buds. Those same Colombian seeds are impossible to find and they grew an excellent plant, despite the end appearance or bag appeal that now seems to be the most important reason some grow it.
First it was Mexican, then Colombian and Panama. The exotics were from soldiers coming back from Vietnam and the region, and later, Hawaii. When the MH lights began to be used for indoor gardening, everything changed because of the controlled environment... usually plants were grown outdoors and nobody knew what got mixed in, although landrace strains sort of developed on their own, sort of like the Galapagos Island critters. They have evolved into their own micro sub species, yielding very similar plants without the wild pheno swings that are seen today. They were also mostly 100% Sativa... the Indica was around but pretty spotty and in limited quantities... at least in the NE USA rural areas. Big cities are different.
I really don't know what or who to recommend... everyone is focused on the dollar. It's really hard to know who is being truthful, as a LOT of landrace strains are now extinct. I guess it depends on the pedigree, but most landrace strains that aren't from the original region are kept going by old farts like myself that enjoy a little variety. Potency wasn't nearly s strong, but you didn't get the tolerance that you get from the high octane hybrids that have developed thru selective breeding. Most old landrace was the same strain grown over and over for generations, without much regard for crosses, and sensemilla was almost unheard of except in High Times Magazine!
Sorry for the long post. It's just good to be home again after a difficult time and I'm just kind of verbose tonight!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The point of all of this is that it is nearly impossible to get many of the older landrace strains simply because the only way to get them is to go to the same area and get them and hope they haven't been hybridized as well. In earlier days, crosses weren't common and choices were limited. Sometimes you struck gold, but sometimes you struck out. Surprisingly, some of the better grows from years back came from nasty looking bags, which had more seeds than buds. Those same Colombian seeds are impossible to find and they grew an excellent plant, despite the end appearance or bag appeal that now seems to be the most important reason some grow it.
First it was Mexican, then Colombian and Panama. The exotics were from soldiers coming back from Vietnam and the region, and later, Hawaii. When the MH lights began to be used for indoor gardening, everything changed because of the controlled environment... usually plants were grown outdoors and nobody knew what got mixed in, although landrace strains sort of developed on their own, sort of like the Galapagos Island critters. They have evolved into their own micro sub species, yielding very similar plants without the wild pheno swings that are seen today. They were also mostly 100% Sativa... the Indica was around but pretty spotty and in limited quantities... at least in the NE USA rural areas. Big cities are different.
I really don't know what or who to recommend... everyone is focused on the dollar. It's really hard to know who is being truthful, as a LOT of landrace strains are now extinct. I guess it depends on the pedigree, but most landrace strains that aren't from the original region are kept going by old farts like myself that enjoy a little variety. Potency wasn't nearly s strong, but you didn't get the tolerance that you get from the high octane hybrids that have developed thru selective breeding. Most old landrace was the same strain grown over and over for generations, without much regard for crosses, and sensemilla was almost unheard of except in High Times Magazine!
Sorry for the long post. It's just good to be home again after a difficult time and I'm just kind of verbose tonight!
i think you nailed it,when we started growing inside it all changed,the cash game began

Top Bottom