SWEET AFGHANI DELICIOUS Starting to flower.....

• Thread starter Budzillah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budzillah

Budzillah

2012 05 07 16 33 02 27
2012 05 07 16 33 16 173

Afghi420

Afghi420

How did this turn out? Im a big Afghi fan, as my name implies ;).
What kind of smell did you get frm this plant? I have been trying hard to find a similar Afghi strain to something that was locally grown in eastern Canada about 10 years ago. It had an amazing smell you would never forget, it is hard to explain the smell, was kind of skunky, but different then a skunk. The smell was so strong that the plant even put off the smell when you had baby clones, if you had them in a dome when you lifted up the dome you could smell Afghi. Anyway the S.A.D. was one strain i have kind of thought about a few times.

Shytiva

Shytiva

I've grown this too and it's an awesome smoke :) I don't know if it's really afghan because that's the first afghan i've smoked except for some fine black afghan hashish a while back in amsterdam.
It's totally worth it though, it smelled like a really sweet musky scent with like a soft background of skunk and earthy notes.. I loved it :) It's awesome to sit down with some friends, smoke a couple of grams of S.A.D auto and then to start talking for hours and hours on end, just because you're so amazingly relaxed, in body mind and soul :)

Let us know how they turned out Budzillah! They look like they have a lot of potential on your pics :)

peace!

Afghi420

Afghi420

I've grown this too and it's an awesome smoke :) I don't know if it's really afghan because that's the first afghan i've smoked except for some fine black afghan hashish a while back in amsterdam.
It's totally worth it though, it smelled like a really sweet musky scent with like a soft background of skunk and earthy notes.. I loved it :) It's awesome to sit down with some friends, smoke a couple of grams of S.A.D auto and then to start talking for hours and hours on end, just because you're so amazingly relaxed, in body mind and soul :)

Let us know how they turned out Budzillah! They look like they have a lot of potential on your pics :)

peace!

So the S.A.D. is an auto plant, or does it come in both auto and photoperiod? The smell sounds good, probably why i have noticed this strain out of all the rest, the description sounded good. So from your description it sounds like you are saying this strain gives a pretty good body high? That's what i like is a strong couchlock high, and i also love that afghi smell, or atleast what i know to be the afghi smell.. Anyway who has a good version of this strain, and how long does it take, and yield? Although to be honest i don't care much about yield when it comes to finding a good strain i love, i would just grow something else to sell and grow the afghi for my personal. The old afghi strain i had barely gave off an ounce a plant, but it was the most potent stuff i have ever smoked, i wish so bad i could get that same strain i had years ago and get it tested to see what the CBD % was... I see alot of strains, especially afghi's and some skunks, that seem to have a very low thc, sometimes like only 8 %, but they have a high cbd, im wondering if this is how you get that super strong couchlock, by having a very low thc count mixed with a high cbd, im wondering if perhaps the low thc makes the high cbd more noticeable.. anyway, so where can i find the best version of this S.A.D.?

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
sad is a black domina s1 its some good herb and a monster yielder !!!

Afghi420

Afghi420

sad is a black domina s1 its some good herb and a monster yielder !!!

:) that doesn't surprise me that it's a mix of skunk and domina, all heavy duty genetics. I have some pure domina going right now, just started.. The Domina is a strain that was chosen after quite a lot of reading in the seedbanks.. damn i would be very happy to just have a nice healthy crop of some serious dank.. I want to find a strain i love and settle on it for a few years. Get to know the strain very well.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
:) that doesn't surprise me that it's a mix of skunk and domina, all heavy duty genetics. I have some pure domina going right now, just started.. The Domina is a strain that was chosen after quite a lot of reading in the seedbanks.. damn i would be very happy to just have a nice healthy crop of some serious dank.. I want to find a strain i love and settle on it for a few years. Get to know the strain very well.
no no no my bad hommie sad is a S1 fem of a spacific black domina cut found in spain sometime ago not skunk 1 x bd sorry should have ben more clear!!!

Afghi420

Afghi420

no no no my bad hommie sad is a S1 fem of a spacific black domina cut found in spain sometime ago not skunk 1 x bd sorry should have ben more clear!!!

well it sounds good regardless. i was just reading about it, it sounds yummy. damn i wish i had ordered them for my current grow.. i might actually have to do a grow of those before i switch over to a photoperiod grow, sounds like the smell might even be what im looking for, what i know as an afghi smell atleast. i will definitely be growing a crop of these SAD someday in the near future though. how do they grow outdoors? i actually put 3 auto's in the back yard, they were 3 plants that had a bit of root rot and were slow to start, once they recovered somewhat i tossed them outside just to see if i got anything from them. so would an autoflower outdoors just not give off quite as much yield, due to not having quite as much light as they would like to have? gesh, id almost have time enough to order some SAD right now and have them outdoors by beginning of july..

sprizzle

sprizzle

sweet, look forward 2 seeing how this goes. like the sound of it being a monster yielder.

Afghi420

Afghi420

ive got a auto ak, 1 critical jack, 5 snowstorm and 6 pandora going right now, hopefully atleast one or two of these strains will be stinky and potent.. they say in the ad that pandora was rated as the best auto out there.. snowstorm is an auto version of cali orange bud, which i heard was an amazing strain. i can't wait to have some free smoke again.

Shytiva

Shytiva

Well dude, I hope you find your afghani plant man :)
the s.a.D. is definitely worth it and yes you have them in both autoflowering and photoperiod.
The high of the autoflower version is supposed to be even more bodyhigh/couchlock due to a higher CBD level characteristic of autoflowering varieties. I've never smoked the regular S.A.D so I wouldn't know but I think tommy, the sweet seeds moderator on this forum said it was like this and he'll know :) I you wanna grow autoflowering plants outdoor you should just make sure that they have a good start so don't start them outside. Make sure they're healthy with already a few internodes and some brenching development and then they will produce real good from what i've heard :)

How would you describe your typical afghani smell?

peace!

Afghi420

Afghi420

Well dude, I hope you find your afghani plant man :)
the s.a.D. is definitely worth it and yes you have them in both autoflowering and photoperiod.
The high of the autoflower version is supposed to be even more bodyhigh/couchlock due to a higher CBD level characteristic of autoflowering varieties. I've never smoked the regular S.A.D so I wouldn't know but I think tommy, the sweet seeds moderator on this forum said it was like this and he'll know :) I you wanna grow autoflowering plants outdoor you should just make sure that they have a good start so don't start them outside. Make sure they're healthy with already a few internodes and some brenching development and then they will produce real good from what i've heard :)

How would you describe your typical afghani smell?

peace!

well it's hard to explain the smell.. I guess i would start with a skunky smell, super strong like a real skunk strain smells, but different then skunk. maybe a hashy spicey kind of smell.. whatever this smell was, it was so strong that you could smell it in the plant at anytime, even an unrooted clone would smell. I may not be able to find something exactly like what im looking for, but i think any strain that smells so strong that even a baby clone gives off a strong smell would be something that would interest me.. so these alien strains are pretty good?

Shytiva

Shytiva

Yes they're very very good but they are sweet seeds strains, you high man? :p We are still in the sweet seeds subforum you know ;) Doesn't matter, anyway, I can tell you already that they don't stink as a seedling or clone.. So they probably won't be what you're looking for exactly BUT the smell you describe sounds exactly like a good S.A.D :)

By the way Budzillah, Sorry for the off topic discussion man, I wasn't meaning to invade your thread x) how are your ladies doing actually?

peace!

Afghi420

Afghi420

sounds good, definitely planning on doing a grow of the SAD very soon.. and sorry if i offended someone, didn't realize people were that touchy about what was said in a specific forum.
Anyway, can you order sweet seeds gear through attitude? i saw some seeds listed somewhere yesterday, i think they came in 3 packs for like $18 or something? im kind of kicking my ass right now for not ordering these for my current grow, they would be half-way done by now and probably starting to stink things up.. from what you guys have said of the smell it has me pretty damn curious now, sounds like something that is finally on the right track to having the real afghi smell. does anyone know if the auto version does actually have more cbd then the photoperiod?

Afghi420

Afghi420

i just finished reading Chimera's section on breeding in the bible, so sorry if i sounded stupid thinking that you were talking about a skunk ;) . so you were just saying it was 'selfed'?
Obviously im not all that knoweldgeable about breeding, something i will get into eventually im sure, i would like to find a strain i really love first, grow it for a few years and get to know the strain very well then maybe play around some with breeding..

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
i just finished reading Chimera's section on breeding in the bible, so sorry if i sounded stupid thinking that you were talking about a skunk ;) . so you were just saying it was 'selfed'?
Obviously im not all that knoweldgeable about breeding, something i will get into eventually im sure, i would like to find a strain i really love first, grow it for a few years and get to know the strain very well then maybe play around some with breeding..

yes its is a selfed version of black domina not a big deal i should of ben more specific any way and thats why we are all here to learn from each other i didnt know half of what i know now untill i joined the farm and there is nothing that can substitute first hand experience. There is some sweet ass grow vids on youtube by a grower named sticky finger koma or koma grows one of the 2 honestly bro if you want my opinion on the subject with all the super bad ass strain out today i wouldnt even waste my time growing Sad S1. it's a good strain but compared to other's out there its beaster's imop. For real hommie if i were you i would get some gear from Alien, Ograskal, JJ topdawg, you can get ograskal's gear at sowamazingseeds. if your wanting to get gear from the tude i would go with cannaventure connoisseur genetics or Dj short just released his son's hybrid whitaker blues witch is a sick ass strain but compared to sad they blow it out of the water it just doesn't compare to say topdawgs Chemdog D bx3 any way hope this helps oh Dj short also has a blue dream in seed form called Azure haze it looks kill any way if you have any questions just ask hommie peace

Afghi420

Afghi420

well im not big on what a strain looks like, my old afghi strain looked like crap but was the most potent smoke i have ever had, and many others as well.. so what about SAD are you saying is not that good? i've had alot of the more popular strains, even a good whit4e widow i found decent, but didnt impress me all that much. like i said, im huge on smells and tastes, and citrus, pine and smells like that i dont care for, i really like the funky, dank, skunk and afghi type smells. from how this SAD has been described it sounds like what im looking for, unless the high just sucks.. it's a different kind of high im looking for, and to be honest i have only truely found it in one strain out of thousands, and that is a super strong couchlock, and until you have smoked a strain that powerful it's hard to even imagine that you can get that high from pot. anyway, everyone is different right? I have had a few kush strains that smelled really nice and looked amazing, but thats not the high that im really in to, i think it is a really high cbd that im looking for.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Supporter
well im not big on what a strain looks like, my old afghi strain looked like crap but was the most potent smoke i have ever had, and many others as well.. so what about SAD are you saying is not that good? i've had alot of the more popular strains, even a good whit4e widow i found decent, but didnt impress me all that much. like i said, im huge on smells and tastes, and citrus, pine and smells like that i dont care for, i really like the funky, dank, skunk and afghi type smells. from how this SAD has been described it sounds like what im looking for, unless the high just sucks.. it's a different kind of high im looking for, and to be honest i have only truely found it in one strain out of thousands, and that is a super strong couchlock, and until you have smoked a strain that powerful it's hard to even imagine that you can get that high from pot. anyway, everyone is different right? I have had a few kush strains that smelled really nice and looked amazing, but thats not the high that im really in to, i think it is a really high cbd that im looking for.

Its not a bad strain just a lil weak on the high. I would deff recomend block head ibl from grind house seeds sound rite up you ally or thier prophet or mob boss. I really think you would be more than happy if you tried alien's lemon alien dawg ,tahoe alien f2 and imop the one thats really for you if you like that smoke that just put's you to sleep would be alien's
crash helmet witch is
socal master kush x tahoe alien f1
I would bet anything that you would love this strain hell i'm so sure that if you didnt like it i would pay for it trust me the strain's i just listed are rite up your ally. these are strain i have myself well the alien strain's i have the block head ibl and the other grind house strains are on my most wanted list especially the block head IBL. when you get a min go check out breedbay.com and look at bodhi seeds imop bodhi and alien are the best breeder's out there everything i have ever seen or grown from these 2 have ben out of this world these 2 breeders constantly produce seeds that smash on today's elite clone only strain's trust me you won't be disappointed . Alien's crash helmet, lemon alien dawg, and tahoe alien f2 are still instock here at the farm but from what you have told me what you are looking for hands down the strain for you is the crash helmet bro. I personally am only buying the absolute best genetics in seed form since i lost 8 grand worth of seeds in dec and the only breeder's gear i will be growing is alien, bodhi, JJ topdawg ,grind house and Ograskal any way if there is anything i can hep you with just let me know stay frosty bro peace.

Afghi420

Afghi420

does anyone know about the cbd count for SAD? someone said that the auto version has a higher cbd % then the photoperiod version, is this true? and are the two version, photo and auto pretty similar to eachother, as far as smells and tastes..

Top Bottom