Sweet Tooth History

• Thread starter Mr.PurplePumpkn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.PurplePumpkn

So After much searching I've come up short on finding any credible sources on the history and lineage of this strain...

I think I've finally, as of today, found a source for this seed and am ready to thro down my benji's

But before hand i want to get some things straight on the history before i go starting (very very very late) this seasons fruit farm.

So Sweet Tooth orginated from a Sweet Pink Grapefruit cutting from BC (love those canadians) crossed with a BB?

Then thru Breeder Steves expert breeding reg. he backcrossed /in bred the SPG/SW crosses coming up with SW#3 ...then #4 which was even better?

This history seems sketchy but its all ive found

all this is for the fruit farm, looking for a very very dominant grapefruit pheno/geno... NYCD from sannies is another strain im going with as well as Dairy Queen from Sub

Thoughts? :whew

B

been

SPG out-crossed to DJ's BB then backcrossed to the SPG cut repeatedly to get me nice and flaccid. I would go for Blue Satellite 2.2 myself.

H

H3LLB0Y

this is what i picked up....

i REALLY dont want to catch mad hell for saying this, but i'm gonna write what's on my mind anyway.........

from what i could gather the SWT#3 was actually the better.

this all ties in to what i've been able to gather about breeding. like when DJ says that somewhere between the second and fourth generation you should actually do a backcross and the re-select from there.

i am hoping that breeder steve doesn't read this-not because i think i am wrong-it's just he goes all 'phil helmuth' on every other pot grower (except that canadian clicke - who happen to have had sourced some of the best weed i ever had...cough...DJ...cough).

all that said-i would definately like to be working with SWT#3 myself. that was the one that got me interested in proper professional seeds. and why one of the best plants i've smoked is a Blueberry.

enough already, right?

peace

B

been

like when DJ says that somewhere between the second and fourth generation you should actually do a backcross and the re-select from there.
Maybe that's why some growers like the Dutch Passion Blueberry a lot more? :scared0016:

H

H3LLB0Y

I am fairly sure that DJ was WAY beyond the 3rd generation by the time DP got any of those to work with.

F

frankie-smiles

Hasn't chimera got GFxBB? Is this not almost exactly the same thing?

H

H3LLB0Y

There is a significant difference with respect to selection.

different plants were used for the crosses, so things will be slightly different.

having said that, it was alluded to that some other seeds currently being sold and grown as sweet tooth were actually bred by chimera and were the exact same as those (GFXBB).

now, i grew barney's farm sweet tooth, and its a really good all around plant. but if i had to guess as to which seeds those guys were hinting about i would think it was the sweet tooth 1.1 re-release.

i'm not really sure. :-)

but even that seed description (swt 1.1) details that there is some difference between the original and the new lot. word around the camp fire is that steve did massive amounts of selection for the original line - which is what helps to separate true breeders from closet crossers like most of the people i chat with on the forums.

H

H3LLB0Y

on a side note - and i'm not trying to offend thcbay by mentioning another vendor - but the great canadian seed company is listing SOL Blockhead and DJ Bluemoonshine as available.

I, of course, know thoes are not SWT#3, but those are other high quality offerings from the same guys that are hard to find these days.

almost makes me wish i hadn't just dropped so much on vanilla moon and soma's lavender.

P.S. the GCSC gave me the best customer service of any seed bank i have ever dealt with, better even that Dr Chronic and he's my ace.

:scared0016:

F

Fear

This is good to know guys I have some XXX that is suppose to be chem x sweetooth.

Peace homies.

-Fear

B

been

I am fairly sure that DJ was WAY beyond the 3rd generation by the time DP got any of those to work with.
I'm pretty sure the current "stretch-indica" is an F4, but that's just going by the guys at the Legend's & DJ's forum at IC.
almost makes me wish i hadn't just dropped so much on vanilla moon and soma's lavender.

P.S. the GCSC gave me the best customer service of any seed bank i have ever dealt with, better even that Dr Chronic and he's my ace.

Does it get any better than DJ's Vanilluna?

This is good to know guys I have some XXX that is suppose to be chem x sweetooth.

Peace homies.

-Fear
That seems a tasty cross.

B

been

on a side note - and i'm not trying to offend thcbay by mentioning another vendor - but the great canadian seed company is listing SOL Blockhead and DJ Bluemoonshine as available.

I, of course, know thoes are not SWT#3, but those are other high quality offerings from the same guys that are hard to find these days.

They also have Old Time Moonshine listed as in-stock. I don't know anything about DJ + Delta-9 though. I hope it's legit.

H

H3LLB0Y

Hey Been,

are you sure about that F4?

from all the re-posts of what DJ wrote (BTW thanx Foe20) he did lots of work, from WAY back, with these strains long before the 90's when he and Dutch Passion got involved.

what posts are you talking about - there is definately one by Foe talking about the lineage of the blue lines where this gets discussed. [just search for Foe20 or lineage of the blue family at ic].

but i'll read what they wrote if you can post a link...............

from what i read the OTM was out of stock. DJ used to call his seeds the Delta-9 collection.

P.S. i'll let you know about the vanilla moon. it will have had some tuff competition from around here. if i say it is good, it will have been tested against some of the best commercial stuff available.

BTW - we prolly should do this in private chat. we have pretty much taken over this thread.

SORRY.

M

Mr.PurplePumpkn

yeaah genetic history, like a boss

HellBoy, I like what your saying man, dont leave us, you type like you actually kno wtf your talking about, classic! word of the wise tho be careful about ref. to outside banks, quality opinions and experineces that come with posts such as these often end up disappering...hmmm..But then again i like what your saying.

closest crosses, ahaha mo's

I have yet to study genetics but from what i gather, the larger test base of SOL and a closely modeled scientificly structured grow out with very large pop. sized selections, allowed a wider genotypic and phenotypic pool to be sampled from. That a way any dominant SPG found would have been selected and competed, crossed, back crossed, etc. Ive actually never bought DJ.S, that feels bad to type, but if he has the fruit, the real fruit, with static phenos and christmas genos id love to read about it. I would imagine the orginal quailty of SW dwelled within those first seed grow onlys and later out crossed to established f2,f3 lines? i dunno. Seems the rest from years on, from other sources, where watered down closet crosses.

Even though I have never meet nor spoke to B.Steve, I would say I have to admie the man, he was experimenting with aquaponics with guppys and, well cannabis of course...little budding cannapreneur before the whole of the aquaculture industry ever picked up on the application or even the science behind hydroponics (which we can claim as one of the most researched fields of production for??? ) Aquaponics today can produce a diverse spp. of lettuces, specialty herbs, sprouts, veggies, along with...fishl talipa, seabass, perch, cod, sturgeon beluga (caviaer) as well as quailty organic bubble kush :party

Not to mention modeling really scientic experiments with such rigorously observed treatments and replications within. I would have have boozed and blazed in the terminal with the giddest cheshire grin had an internship on aquaponics with those possibiltes where present. Then who knows...

~~fade to black ~~ awaken, ham smamich, 25yrs later, an earthship GreenHouseHome, some batches of belgua sturgeon eggs, some veg seeds, some med seeds, lets imagine...A beluga sturgeon, depending on health, reaches reproductive maturity at age 7, producing velvet black, jet grease black, grade AAA cavaier.

Like cheese, wine, weed, cars, milfs, ...cavair , as does the fishs reproductive maturity, increases in intensity and depth o flavor with the natural phenomenomenom of aging. These fish can live to be 80yrs old, with the eggs changing colors from black, to dull, to whitish color. 3million eggs per female per season, with 70+ yr old sturgeon = white cavier ... the most expensive...jizz of the godS... 1k+ clams legal for 2oz (provided a lucrative fine fine dinning market aka the cityy.

~ If It dont make dollas, it dont make cents. ~

I believe ol Steve-o took the time, after all his run-ins and bussiness with the canadian clicke, would try to one up them on the breeding. Your probably absolutelty right that the circa 90's version of SW#3 might be the purest based on those first trials, but he has to have a mom to backcross and source from now right?

I have not seen these seeds offered in a while, with losses such as shiskaberry, chimeras mtn jam, and Djs prized male, I dont want this gem slipping off next into the black abyss

So for a berry grapefruit domiant pheno with a med bushy/ branchy habit, what could be pulled from DJ's arsenal... Is the hype of the current BB worth the clams from ol Doc, i dunno seems like a lot unless it tastes like blueberry kusH.

If I heard right Chimera said in his sub.marine he was stocking the farm, but who knows with what goes on behind the rug, hopefully tho Grape Fruit x Blue Berry is headed on over to the farm...any day...now, :icon_cookie:

NYCD from sannies is where im looking now for any seed, Subs DQ, fukn KO kush yeahhhh Happy birthday

~~ My pet zombie hates your guts, but loves your brainz :character0110:

t.o.med

t.o.med

do not buy from the great canadian seed company. a lot of canadian seed companys are scams. it seems like theres a ton of businesses up here seed or otherwise trying to scam money from americans. if they ever had real blockhead it would be sold out. if your not buyiing seeds here hemp depot is the best place in canada and they have dj and sol.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Seeing that old time moonshine makes me want to cry for living in the US....If I could I would snag as much as possible, asap. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!
Old Time Moonshine are you kidding me???? Easily among the best medicinal Cannabis of all time!!!!!!! Sadly, these seeds, or a OTM clone have eluded me.......jah willing I shall get some of these seeds as that is what I would prefer...... 2 or 3 packs of those would be damn near priceless to me..WHeeewwwwweeeeee, Super Primo, the O.T.M. IS! Murky, musky, blue berry, fruity baby poo funkiness. Bag appeal lol. This strain has sex appeal!!!! OTM induces a body/pain numbing, gloriously euphoric, anti-anxiety, anti depressive, revitalizing medicinal effect; the O.T.M. is a rare gem, unique and Invaluable as a medicine and as a botanical specimen. One of a kind.....OTM Where are you???? and why wont you visit the USA??????

B

been

Hey Been,

are you sure about that F4?

from all the re-posts of what DJ wrote (BTW thanx Foe20) he did lots of work, from WAY back, with these strains long before the 90's when he and Dutch Passion got involved.

what posts are you talking about - there is definately one by Foe talking about the lineage of the blue lines where this gets discussed. [just search for Foe20 or lineage of the blue family at ic].

but i'll read what they wrote if you can post a link...............

from what i read the OTM was out of stock. DJ used to call his seeds the Delta-9 collection.

P.S. i'll let you know about the vanilla moon. it will have had some tuff competition from around here. if i say it is good, it will have been tested against some of the best commercial stuff available.

BTW - we prolly should do this in private chat. we have pretty much taken over this thread.

SORRY.
No. :emo

True Blueberry (TB) v. Blueberry (BB) differences--here's my view: The TB is more akin (literally closer related to) my past European offerings but from a much larger selection pool that I had more input toward. It (TB) tends to be larger (taller) and a bit more productive than the BB. The BB line that I have offered for the past 7-8 years is from different f3 stock than the TB (yet still related as all of my stock is from similar ancestry). I call her (the BB) a "stretch-indica" in that she does like to stretch her nodes, but her buds are very compact with larger calyx structure ("golf-ball buds"); whereas the TB buds are generally composed of smaller calyx (more slender, "pointy") yet still with a very dense bud structure ("spade-shaped" with some foxtail stretch) on an indica-looking plant. The BB palate is a more "syrupy sweet", fruity smell (more like candy-sweet) while the TB has a higher-nasal palate with astringent/anise undertones (more of a sinus tickle w/ the bud and smoke flavor). I find the TB to be more "heady", almost racy at first, whereas the BB tends to be more body/narcotic in its initial rush and stone duration. Mind you, there is a "range" to both and the above descriptions are in terms of probability and not exclusive to either strain. That is, there is a higher probability of finding a plant w/ small calyx, tight buds with astringent/anise/berry flavor and a more "up-head" in the TB line, and a higher probability of finding a plant with the "stretch-indica" pheno with dense, golf-ball buds and a more candy/berry flavor/palate and a more narcotic (though not really couch-lock) body in the BB line. Both are equally prone to color changes, especially in colder temps, and I find both to be equally potent. Please note; the BB (and the flo and Blue Moonshine) stock is currently limited and not being reproduced for at least a year or two. So, if you want any of these, heads up! Get them soon as they will will be gone and out of stock for awhile when they are.

Greenhorn541

Greenhorn541

this is what i picked up....

i REALLY dont want to catch mad hell for saying this, but i'm gonna write what's on my mind anyway.........

from what i could gather the SWT#3 was actually the better.

this all ties in to what i've been able to gather about breeding. like when DJ says that somewhere between the second and fourth generation you should actually do a backcross and the re-select from there.

i am hoping that breeder steve doesn't read this-not because i think i am wrong-it's just he goes all 'phil helmuth' on every other pot grower (except that canadian clicke - who happen to have had sourced some of the best weed i ever had...cough...DJ...cough).

all that said-i would definately like to be working with SWT#3 myself. that was the one that got me interested in proper professional seeds. and why one of the best plants i've smoked is a Blueberry.

enough already, right?

peace
Sweet tooth is one of my all time favorites! My oldest brother gave me some seeds around 02 or 03. I just re found them while moving.. It's a long shot but I'm gonna try to pop them soon. Hopefully I find that sativa dom I'm looking for.

Top Bottom