"Sweetners" and the "flush"...

• Thread starter thicknthin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thicknthin

i am using a sweetner should i stop using it during the flush... as that is what the flush is for to get out the nutrients right... well what about the ones made for flavor...?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Could be totally wrong...pulling this out of my ass, but you should be just fine throwing in the sweeteners for the entire grow including flush. Haven't used them before but from what I know their NPK's are negligible and they are just there for oils and taste.

T

thicknthin

awesome thanks!! it took quite a while to get an answer to that one... :)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

soil or hydro? If soil and using a standard 2-week flush, I'd only use the sweetener the first week. Just me- the buds will be plenty aromatic and flavorful if you've used the sweet throughout the bloom. Try a side-by-side test to see your preference. In 'dro, I like to get everything out possible by the end.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

id say ur safe using it during flush, but just to mess with every1 i though id throw up botanicares page that says to cut it out
botanicare feed chart
gotta go down the page a lil to find sweet

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

my bad that the chart for sweet not citrus, but id assume its the same

M

MMJInsiders

We use allot of Sweet, grape and berry currently. We use it for trichome development, which it is very good at. That being said, I see no difference in plants where Sweet was used during flush vs those that it wasn't. I have a buddy that swears by using it all the way through, but I can't tell a difference in his stuff either.

There are strains that Sweet brings out the best in. Jillybean by Sub comes to mind. She takes on a sweeter flavor, trichome production is double to tripled (no joke), and she turns purple earlier. Other strains have a much less dramatic effect regardless of length of use...

M

moonie

I use BudCandy, Sugardaddy and Mollases through first week of flush, second week just water. Sugars arent just "sweeteners" or Carbs" either, they also help to break the minerals down in a more effective way for the roots to uptake as much as possible. A week of carbs before flush I've noticed makes flushing a breeze, things bleach out quick and finish a bit faster.

S

saner1r

Why flush go organic! No need to flush. Add sugars from the first day to the last!

T

thicknthin

i am all organic... your saying i dont need to flush? thats the first im hearing of this...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Organic or no, you do not want high levels of phosphorous in your finished product. The meds will taste bad and burn funny, almost like a sparkler. It's best to always flush your plants no matter what style grow.

M

Morals

Why flush go organic! No need to flush. Add sugars from the first day to the last!

You absolutely need to flush even when growing organic. Do not listen to that guy. Just cause it's organic doesn't mean unused/unusable nutrients won't build up in your medium.
I agree with the people who say use carbs/sugars for 1 week of flush then plain water the second.
I like bud candy and carbo load over molasses or botanicare sweet.

T

thicknthin

You absolutely need to flush even when growing organic. Do not listen to that guy. Just cause it's organic doesn't mean unused/unusable nutrients won't build up in your medium.
I agree with the people who say use carbs/sugars for 1 week of flush then plain water the second.
I like bud candy and carbo load over molasses or botanicare sweet.
i thought that sounded wrong... i am going to use it for week 1 and just water for week 2... seems like sound advise... thank you so much for all of your answers... hopefully the results are super tasty!

M

Mmmmasonite

I like the Bud candy and Bud xl combo......Works well.....Yeah ...you gotta flush no matter what you use......Sweeteners also help feed the beneficial bacteria........Peace

Top Bottom