SweetSeeds BlackJack

• Thread starter DTRave420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DTRave420

Hi all...

Let me give you a quick backround of this grow that's already in progress...

The two plants spent 3/4 of their lives in my "batters box" with a fan and an open door under a CFL without an intake or an outtake so they're growin' slower than usual...I usually use this CFL only for for seedlings but I was out of town from Christmas to NewYears and this seemed to be my best option......They've been in my regular closet for a few days now,getting the light and air they deserve,and seem to be perkin' up...
Same deal as usual,I'm veggin' them under a 400WATT MH Conversion bulb and will flower em under a 600WATT HPS with T-5 side lighting...One plant is about a week older than the other...

SweetSeeds BlackJack
18 + 25 days veg(under the CFL)
28 + 35 days veg
31 + 37 days veg
31 + 37 days veg

Sweetseeds blackjack
Sweetseeds blackjack 2
Sweetseeds blackjack 3
Sweetseeds blackjack 4
4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

Looks good :yes..and They are gonna show the Love now they under the prime conditions..Sending Mojo for the grow..cant wait to see these in 8 weeks..until then take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

D

DTRave420

Looks good :yes..and They are gonna show the Love now they under the prime conditions..Sending Mojo for the grow..cant wait to see these in 8 weeks..until then take care and be safe
:passingjoint:
Thankyou 4u2...
Gonna veg em longer to make up for the extra time they were under the CFL and to get a bigger yield......They're in 1 1/2 quart pots right now...When the roots fill out in these pots they'll be transplanted into 2 gallon pots with a bog style tier transplant which they'll remain in until 1 week before I flip em...At this time,they'll be transplanted into 5 gallon pots with another multi-tier transplant and veg for the final week under a 600WATT MH Conversion bulb...I'll then flip em with a 600WATT HPS and T-5 sup side lighting...

M

mrmellon

hey DTRave420 wow i was considering the black jack when i did my first indoor grow. then alot happened and i never got around to it, so nice to see some growing.

have you done any sweet seeds before. i havent heard anything bad, only good stuf, but i havent seen alot of grows. i like that you can buy a small amount of seeds and try a strain just for fun and dont spend alot of money. my space is very limited, not alot of room for experiments, so im a bit careful with what i put in there that why im asking.

D

DTRave420

hey DTRave420 wow i was considering the black jack when i did my first indoor grow. then alot happened and i never got around to it, so nice to see some growing.

have you done any sweet seeds before. i havent heard anything bad, only good stuf, but i havent seen alot of grows. i like that you can buy a small amount of seeds and try a strain just for fun and dont spend alot of money. my space is very limited, not alot of room for experiments, so im a bit careful with what i put in there that why im asking.
Thanks so much mr.mellon...I've grown the SweetSeeds Jack47 and SweetSeeds IceCool gear...Both of these grows are very rewarding and I promise you won't be disappointed...The Jack47 grow is in the sig on my page...Check it out if you get a chance...I recommend the Jack47 if height is a factor as they grow very uniform...If you look at my threads you can also find the IceCool grow...I grew it next to a SSH...Both of these grows put out top shelf bud...Good luck man!!!

M

mrmellon

hey DTRave420 thanks man, that jack 47 looks migthy interesting and i saw that sweet seeds still have them and the black jack so i thing i might get my sticky hands on some for next time. at the moment im vegging a few clones so i have enough work for the moment. trying to fit a sssdh and 2 white bubba's ain't gonna be easy with 1 m to the top of the box. but with scissors string and dedication im sure i will prevail.:nod
meantime i will follow this great show and get my hands on some sweed seed gear.

keep em growing.
mrmellon

D

DTRave420

hey DTRave420 thanks man, that jack 47 looks migthy interesting and i saw that sweet seeds still have them and the black jack so i thing i might get my sticky hands on some for next time. at the moment im vegging a few clones so i have enough work for the moment. trying to fit a sssdh and 2 white bubba's ain't gonna be easy with 1 m to the top of the box. but with scissors string and dedication im sure i will prevail.:nod
meantime i will follow this great show and get my hands on some sweed seed gear.

keep em growing.
mrmellon
Glad to have ya aboard mrmellon and I know the deal...So many strains,so little room and time,lol!!!

Although this definitely was not one of my better starts as far as veggin' goes it couldn't be helped as there was no way I was missin' my trip to see my honey,lol!!!No regrets...
I transplanted from 1 1/2 qt pots to 2 gallon pots yesterday so these girls should be spreading their wings for a proper veg in the coming week...When they get root-locked they'll be transplanted into 5 gallon pots with my usual multi-tier transplant and flipped shortly after...

SweetSeeds BlackJack 38 + 44 days veg (as 1 plant is a week older than the other)

BlackJack 38  44  days veg 004
BlackJack 38  44  days veg 010
BlackJack 38  44  days veg 008
BlackJack 38  44  days veg 007
D

DTRave420

The plant on the left is a week younger than her BlackJack sister on the right...She's either a runt or a different pheno but aside from being smaller she seems healthy...

BlackJack 39 + 45 days veg(as 1 plant is a week older than the other)
BlackJack 44 + 51 days veg(as 1 plant is a week older than the other)
BlackJack 44 + 51 days veg(as 1 plant is a week older than the other)

BlackJack 39  45 days veg 008
BlackJack 44  51 days veg 002
BlackJack 44  51 days veg 005
D

DTRave420

OK...I'm gonna let the smaller/younger BlackJack veg for 60 days and then flip her which will make her 1 week older BlackJack sister 67 days...I'll be transplanting them into 5 gallon pots with a multi-tier transplant later in the week...I'm probably gonna wind up having to keep the smaller plant on top of a spaghetti pot or even a bucket to keep an even canopy once they get going with flowering...

BlackJack 51 + 58 days veg(as 1 is a week older than the other)

BlackJack 51  58 days veg 007
BlackJack 51  58 days veg 013
winta

winta

i was lookin at this strain recently cait wait to see ya girls in flower!

D

DTRave420

i was lookin at this strain recently cait wait to see ya girls in flower!
Thanks man,hope you'll follow the progress of this grow...

I pruned and transplanted from 2's into 5's yesterday...I'm gonna flip em in three days...

Yes,I know there is a SLIGHT size difference in the plants,lol!!!I don't know if it's a "runt" thing or a pheno thing but no matter...Been there done that...

SweetSeeds BlackJack 54 + 61 days veg(as 1 plant is a week older than the other)

BlackJack 54  61 days veg 001
BlackJack 54  61 days veg 002
BlackJack 54  61 days veg 004
BlackJack 54  61 days veg 012
M

mrmellon

hey DTRave420. those girls are looking mighty healthy. im looking forward to see them grow some hair and get fatter.

D

DTRave420

hey DTRave420. those girls are looking mighty healthy. im looking forward to see them grow some hair and get fatter.
Appreciate ya sayin' so mrmellon...Thanks once again...

I don't know if she's a runt or if these are the ying/yang of phenos but "Bridgette the Midget" sits on top of a spaghetti pot with a very extreme BOG stlye transplant to stay a drop above the canopy(for now???,I'll put her on a bucket if I have to,lol)...First time I'm growing this gear...

BlackJack 2nd day flowered

BlackJack 2nd day flowered 011
BlackJack 2nd day flowered 002
Solidopc

Solidopc

Excellent stuff DT. I have some black jack curing in my jar now. This one is much more BD than JH, total opposite of my old black jack mum, who was fruity and zingy, with huge fox-tailing buds. The one i'm smoking now tastes and smells allmost exactly like the sweet afghanis ive grown. Musky, kind of spicyish smell and taste.

I am a huge fan of the jack47 though now more than the BJ. I've grown is a couple of times now and it's more uniform. They all have a piney sweet smell and zingy aftertaste with massive bubbly buds.

I rate it so highly compared to all the other stuff i've grown it is included in my top 3 strains for finding a new mother. I allready have my sensi nl#5/haze and jack herer seeds, 1 J47 seed left and an order for another two packs of J47 incoming. I will be looking in a couple of other strains, but these are my high hopes, particulary the J47 and nl#5/haze.

Look forward to seeing your BJ's come along, might even cobvince me to chuck my kast 2 BJ seeds into the mix.

Peace, Solid.

Top Bottom