SweetSeeds JACK47(fem)

• Thread starter DTRave420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Passionized

Njummyyyyyyyyyy looks absoluty fabulous!
Delicious strain you got!

D

DTRave420

Njummyyyyyyyyyy looks absoluty fabulous!
Delicious strain you got!

Appreciate ya saying so Passionized...Thanks for lookin' in friend!!!
:420:

Whats the score with transplanting by leaving on top of the soil? Looks to work well,I've never seen it done before and i've got some nearly ready to transplant

Howdy D.I.Y!!! I recommend this style of transplant as it gives the roots more RTG(room to grow)...The breeder from CH9 commented to me that he thinks it also gives the roots more oxygen...Hope your transplants go smoothly and wishin' ya an abundant harvest!!!:character0180:

Pics

OPIUM rootball
GWS rootball
JACK47 rootball

Opium 28 days 007
GWSfem 23 days flowered 004
Jack47 54 days flowered RootBall Shot 001
D.I.Y

D.I.Y

So you just plop them on top or do you dig them in a bit,what about light and roots I didn't think they got on.Do you cover the roots with fresh soil when they get uncovered?
Sorry about all the questions but like I said earlier this is a new one to me:confused0054:

F

fuzzy

Looking good DT!Those buds look nice and full.peace,fuzzy my hats off to ya:hi:

D

DTRave420

Looking good DT!Those buds look nice and full.peace,fuzzy my hats off to ya:hi:

Feels good comin' from you fuzzy!!!Thank man...:character0180:

No words to describe, phenom dude

Really appreciate it man...You're to KIND...

So you just plop them on top or do you dig them in a bit,what about light and roots I didn't think they got on.Do you cover the roots with fresh soil when they get uncovered?
Sorry about all the questions but like I said earlier this is a new one to me:confused0054:

You don't ever have to apologize for asking a grow question bro...

What I do is Fill up the larger pot that I'm transplanting into about 3/4 full with medium...Then I'll take the smaller pot and "screw" it about half way down into the larger pot to make a footprint...I then remove the pot...I then take a large fork and use it as a rake to loosin up the medium in the footprint...
I find that a plant that's watered the day before is much easier to give a stress free transplant as far as the rootball staying together...I also find that round pots are the easiest to transplant from as you can roll them in your hands to gently loosin side roots...Just make sure you have a grip on the stem when you push on the bottom of the pot to release the rootball...
Like I said I go about half way down...Am i worried about exposed roots and do they need to be covered???Nope...The amount of roots that are exposed to light are a very small % compared to the amount inside and under the rootball...If I was to just put that root ball down an inch or two deep instead of half way my pot would still be carpeted wall to wall with roots by the time harvest time came...I think of my grows as little trees...In the country you see top roots running all over the place around a tree and in the city these same roots will bust through a sidewalk no matter how much sunlight shines on em...

Thanks again for lookin' in D.I.Y...Nice talkin' to ya man...
:damnhippie:

G

GDS StonerBoy

Damn they look like some yielders DTR! Man i hope you kept some cuts of that girl she looks amazing! Cant wait for final yield and smoke report! How long are you gonna take her?

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

:hi:Nice one DT thanks for taklng the time to explain your methods,will definatly be trying this soon.How long between transplant and flipping to 12/12?I usually leave plants in veg for another week after final transplant to give roots a bit of time to grow into new pot

D

DTRave420

Damn they look like some yielders DTR! Man i hope you kept some cuts of that girl she looks amazing! Cant wait for final yield and smoke report! How long are you gonna take her?

Hey there GDS!!! To tell you the truth man,I don't keep cuts of anything...I live in an apt. and while I own it, it's one of close to 300 apts in one building...I also stay away from the water grows...It's a dicsipline I've learned to live with...I love this game to much to fuck it up...It aint happening...If I need to break down the grow I can do it in a moments notice without lookin' back and I can go out without worrying about floods or fires is the best way I can explain it...
They had their last meal on Friday and get nothing but plain water with either SWEET or molasses now...Today is their 55th day...I'm taking them another 11 to 14 days...I FinalFlush em during there last week...
Really appreciate you noticing my grow man!!!:character0180:

:hi:Nice one DT thanks for taklng the time to explain your methods,will definatly be trying this soon.How long between transplant and flipping to 12/12?I usually leave plants in veg for another week after final transplant to give roots a bit of time to grow into new pot

Not a prob D.I.Y...I usually flip between 5 and 7 days after their final transplant...If the plant is even a little root locked shes gonnna really run after the transplant even before you flip her so you really have to keep an eye on sativa dom plants...Another thing I do is change my system from a 400WATT MH conversion bulb to a 600WATT MH conversion bulb one week before flowering,but this is obviously optional...I flwer with a 600WATT HPS...
Wishin' ya grows that are trouble free,with buds that drip with THC!!!Stay cool D.I.Y.!!!

J

Jare

Great shots there!

I grown Black Jack from Sweet Seeds, it was a great yielder strain, massive resin production, good bubble hash and a fantastic DEEP smell&taste...

Big up DTRave420

D

DTRave420

Great shots there!

I grown Black Jack from Sweet Seeds, it was a great yielder strain, massive resin production, good bubble hash and a fantastic DEEP smell&taste...

Big up DTRave420

I appreciate that info Jare as I bought 12 of those BlackJack beans not to long ago...Had to buy em in 3pks as they were sold out of the 7pks...I also have a bunch of their Ice Cool but have yet to run em...

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Some nice work there DT!!! I'm sorry I got here too late for the full grow, but I'm glad I got to see them before the chop!! Can't wait to hear a dry weight and a smoke report. Anyone wanna take guesses with me on the dry weight? I say 160g dry smokable!! Prove me right!! LOL Nice work!!

D

DTRave420

Some nice work there DT!!! I'm sorry I got here too late for the full grow, but I'm glad I got to see them before the chop!! Can't wait to hear a dry weight and a smoke report. Anyone wanna take guesses with me on the dry weight? I say 160g dry smokable!! Prove me right!! LOL Nice work!!

In four years of growing theres never been a scale in this household and I've never sold a bit of it...I do give away at least half of every harvest...I think you're way under man,lol...It's very hard to see everything partly because of my camera skills and also because you're lookin' at the plants back to back...I'll get some pics of them side by side right before I chop and also some shots of the colas hangin and shake in the box all together at different stages of drying and you can take another shot if you want...I really appreciate your KIND words jan'sjukebox!!!

D

DTRave420

Hi all,

JACK47 58th day flowered...I'm choppin' em in 5 to 7 days...

Jack47 58 days flowered
Solidopc

Solidopc

Nice one DT. My jack47 was very nice. Not as nice as the black jack. Taste wasn't quite as good.But i've never really thought ak47 was a good tasting weed, so it probably didn't add as much as the black dom.

Those buds look well fat though man. How many plants are in there, 2? And what bulb arethey under?

I have another jack47 in flower now. I topped this one, but it didn't seem to like it and i don't think it will yield as much as the one that was untopped. The black jack loved being fimmed, and yielded much more that way. I'm going back to the black jack to search for another tango jack mother for myself. LOL.

Hope you enjoy your smoke man. I'm sure it's gonna be killa.

D

DTRave420

Nice one DT. My jack47 was very nice. Not as nice as the black jack. Taste wasn't quite as good.But i've never really thought ak47 was a good tasting weed, so it probably didn't add as much as the black dom.

Those buds look well fat though man. How many plants are in there, 2? And what bulb arethey under?

I have another jack47 in flower now. I topped this one, but it didn't seem to like it and i don't think it will yield as much as the one that was untopped. The black jack loved being fimmed, and yielded much more that way. I'm going back to the black jack to search for another tango jack mother for myself. LOL.

Hope you enjoy your smoke man. I'm sure it's gonna be killa.

Hey there Solid...Yep,it's the last roundup for these two girls...They were flowered under a 600WATT EYE Hortilux Super HPS...They've been getting nothing but plain water with 1 tsp of molasses and 1 tbs of SWEET per gallon for the last couple of feedinds...I'm also gonna FinalFlush em before harvest...I'd like to hold off until Friday(midnight) to harvest which will give em a total of 64.5 days flowered...
Thanks so much for your KIND words towards my grow and I also have to say thanks for raving about the BlackJack awhile back,as I wouldn't have known to buy any...I picked up four 3/pks...Wishin' ya continued success with your grows and all other good things...Stay cool Solid...

T

tdaddy450

Man oh man.... that's exactly what I picture heaven looking like. Awesomely amazing job. :clapping:rock

Solidopc

Solidopc

I rate the black jack more highly than the jack47. Much better taste and aroma.

D

DTRave420

Man oh man.... that's exactly what I picture heaven looking like. Awesomely amazing job. :clapping:rock

Very nice D, look like some nice hard nugz!

Thanks fellas!!!

OK,lets wrap this grow up...Harvested at 64.5 days...For those of you that are familiar with my grows,you'll agree that this isn't one of my bigger harvests,but for 2 plants that were under 3' tall I'm not complaining...That's the strain game,lol...

(Pics)
JACK47 61 days flowered
JACK47 trimmin'
JACK47 trimmin'
JACK47 tips
JACK47 tips
JACK47 tips
JACK47 shake
JACK47 shake

Jack47 61 days flowered 006
Jack47 645 days harvest 004