Switched To An Ferts & Ph Went Nuts... Wtf?

• Thread starter Budzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budzy

Budzy

Hi gang,
I am using soil that a master gardener mixed up for me, i know he started with sunshine mix, something called 'Promix Mycorrhizae', ferti-lome, ultimate potting mix and added worm castings and other stuff i know nothing about.

Last time i fed using foxfarms ferts i put in pH6.5 & got 6.6 runoff.
This time i mixed AN Sensi Bloom A&B, foxfarms Tiger Bloom (Big Bud has not yet arrived), and B-52 at 85% strength, adjusted pH to 6.4 thinking i would lower it a tic and got runoff of 5.8!

What is going on and better yet, should i do anything about it? I really do not think salt buildup is a problem since she and her vegging sister have been on a water/feed/water schedule. While the one in flower week 1 has not had an abundance of runoff, her sister has had plenty of runoff and she behaved the same way, put in 6.5 and got out 5.9.

Am i freaking out over nothing?
pH Perfect my eye... or is it? will it adjust itself?

Last edited:
Budzy

Budzy

AN Grower support tells me all their ferts work in soil. I asked before switching, because of their focus on hydro.

The Terps

The Terps

Relax man it seems like you are over analyzing. Remember that your pen isn't exact it has a few point swing its factory their like that. Second You shouldn't need to ph your an nutes what does it measure without you adding ph. Both those are in the happy place for plants so either way I wouldn't worry. Third and most important listen to your plants not a pen they will tell you what needs to happen. I've seen ppl screw stuff up more than a few times cause they think growing "the dank" is about making your nutes exactly this and your temp exactly that like every plant in every room is the same and they know the magic formula and if they can just make their tech say all the magic numbers they will change the game. In reality the wasted a bunch of time money and plants keep it simple less is more and listen/read your plants.

The Terps

The Terps

Also I seen in your other thread you seemed like you want to feed a bunch and that you wanted to push plants to the point of tip burn. No serious grower will recommend this. Think of it as your body or a human you don't cram your body full of every nutrient until you have the shits and show signs of illness. Healthy balanced diets. Of course an will tell you boost them use more buy more that's the game on their side of the fence they want to feed their families so don't listen to some salesman and don't be the magic number guy you will do fine it's a lot easier than ppl make it out to be

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

4 yrs of growing and I always feed to tip burn. And always (minus this most recent grow f up) yeild +1gpw. I do NOT use AN garbage, as I don't support the actions of the owner.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Did you analyze the runoff to see what the plant took/left behind? Without that information runoff pH is not so helpful. You built a Super Soil and now you are also feeding it Super Nutrients. Was this because of pale new growth? When I use a Super Soil I sometimes, most times, have to provide a little N so I use Cal Mag Plus. I have to give my main strain a little nutrients toward the end but never in the beginning. But plenty of strains can get real hungry so as long as there was cause.

Budzy

Budzy

I ordered a ppm meter but it has not arrived yet. Is that what you mean by seeing what it took/left behind?
When you refer to 'super soil', my mind goes compost. This soil is not composted and as i understand things, all the nutrients in the soil will be used up or leeched out in runoff after a while.

And i thought near the end was when we STOP giving nutrients.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Relax man it seems like you are over analyzing. Remember that your pen isn't exact it has a few point swing its factory their like that. Second You shouldn't need to ph your an nutes what does it measure without you adding ph. Both those are in the happy place for plants so either way I wouldn't worry. Third and most important listen to your plants not a pen they will tell you what needs to happen. I've seen ppl screw stuff up more than a few times cause they think growing "the dank" is about making your nutes exactly this and your temp exactly that like every plant in every room is the same and they know the magic formula and if they can just make their tech say all the magic numbers they will change the game. In reality the wasted a bunch of time money and plants keep it simple less is more and listen/read your plants.
STANDING OVATION!!!

MeJuana

MeJuana

And i thought near the end was when we STOP giving nutrients.
Yes you definitely do stop nutes last 2 weeks I didn't mean to confuse you. I apologize it sounded like he made you a full completely built soil to me. Such a soil would provide everything the plants need and that is the kind of soil I build.

Top Bottom