Switched To Hydro And Plants Hate The Co2

• Thread starter Thereallenny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thereallenny

Thereallenny

I've been watching my plants a little closer since I just stopped using soil and went to using rockwool in a flood and drain.
Everything looks perfect and they are standing up perfectly and look healthy but when co2 turns on and it gets above 800ppm all 40 plants start dropping like they are dying.
Turn it off and vent the tent and they are back to standing up at attention. I been running co2 in my flowering room using soil for 20 yrs and never had a plant start drooping. I had to switch from soil because I can't do the lifting and moving around the plants with my injury soi switched to handling just smaller plants. Anyone know what this could be? Plants love co2 . Makes no sense to me.

Offdarips

Offdarips

Are you using a propane burner maybe your burner has a leak.

showmegreen

showmegreen

I'm stumped on that one?? I definitely will be pullin up a chair. Please someone with knowledge chime on in.

hogheaven

hogheaven

The extra CO2 can lower the pH if you're running aerators, i.e., CO2 + H2O <--> H2CO3 <--> H+ + HCO3-

hogheaven

hogheaven

Itsone of the trade offs using air. Unless you bring in air from the outside.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I've been watching my plants a little closer since I just stopped using soil and went to using rockwool in a flood and drain.
Everything looks perfect and they are standing up perfectly and look healthy but when co2 turns on and it gets above 800ppm all 40 plants start dropping like they are dying.
Turn it off and vent the tent and they are back to standing up at attention. I been running co2 in my flowering room using soil for 20 yrs and never had a plant start drooping. I had to switch from soil because I can't do the lifting and moving around the plants with my injury soi switched to handling just smaller plants. Anyone know what this could be? Plants love co2 . Makes no sense to me.

ill have to agree with hog...i think.....if i understand him correctly...lol

what i was gonna say is, the higher co2 levels in hydro might be displacing the oxygen in the water/root system...i would suggest upping the DO in your water, and seeing if that helps any...im in soil myself, so what do i know, just a shot in the dark

one thing to remember with co2, it accelerates plant growth, but it also accelerates any deficiencies or toxicities, so i would be worried about that as well, considering your new to hydro like you said, you may be over or under doing something...or how is your ph? how is it drifting?

Top Bottom