Switched to Jack’s 123 and yield is terrible

• Thread starter theNedster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
theNedster

theNedster

Hey Ned, not sure if this is any help but i'm also running Jack's in coco. I stopped weighing Jack's by weight after getting a few different bags and seeing that my EC was off from bag to bag when measuring by weight. I'm assuming this is because I was weighing small amounts and also the amount of atmospheric water the fertilizer absorbs changes the weight of the salts. I also use a different brand of CalNit that gives me a little bit more Ca. since i'm now in coco. I'll also mention that i'm using RO and never had to supplement CalMag.

I make concentrated A/B solutions and measure by ppm to get to my desired EC using the same 321 ratios JR Peter's recommends. PM me if you'd like the math on how to do this. I find it easier but YMMV.

Also, if you're running Jack's at their recommended EC, it's a pretty heavy feed. I'd check your runoff every few weeks and see where things are. Might be a good idea to reset your coco every few weeks if it's getting a little salty. I noticed after around 3 weeks my runoff was EC was getting higher than i wanted so I just ran a bunch of Jack's through my coco containers until runoff was close to what i was putting in. The stuff is dirt cheap, who cares if you waste a little.

Not sure if this will fix your yield problem but figured i'd offer a different approach and things to try if you wanted.
Thanks so much I appreciate your info and the reply. Yes it was too heavy especially in the nitrogen so I backed off and seemed to balance it. I think missing The trace elements is the issue. I didn’t experience any PH issues and no evidence of lockout or salt buildup. Also, the plants looked, smelled fine. Buds are excellent quality, just aren’t packing the same weight.
I did look at my notes and I did use Chitosan before which I didn’t use on this run as I found it sometimes didn’t mix in to my solution 100%.

theNedster

theNedster

far as i can see, peeps are trying to help you out, but you didnt stick around to discuss your thread. granted, not everyone has the time to sit by the computer all day, but you did ask for advice, sooo there's that.

i see a couple of prickly notes, but nothing to get bunched up about. this is a decent enough place, a few hotheads around but nothing like some of the other sites.

i hope you sort this out quick and get back to blasting out big'ole nugs, how about some pics of your past buds?

What? The most vocal posters don’t even use Jack’s. Sure here are some pics.
FBCF7436 D4BB 4C06 90FC 50919F6CA1D2
31A5071F 211B 4F52 897B A6096E67BB22
35CA9218 76AE 4785 8408 834340091E75
D2642A68 6CA1 43B5 8207 82B487722FDF

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Thanks so much I appreciate your info and the reply. Yes it was too heavy especially in the nitrogen so I backed off and seemed to balance it. I think missing The trace elements is the issue. I didn’t experience any PH issues and no evidence of lockout or salt buildup. Also, the plants looked, smelled fine. Buds are excellent quality, just aren’t packing the same weight.
I did look at my notes and I did use Chitosan before which I didn’t use on this run as I found it sometimes didn’t mix in to my solution 100%.
Out of curiosity, what trace elements is Jack's missing? I never had an issue with yield that wasn't my fault. That said, besides Dynagrow, I havent really used anything besides Jack's since i started growing again. Maybe i don't know what i'm missing? haha

I'll also mention that i also do weekly drenches with fulvic acid (last few runs) and run Jack's Finish (7-15-30) towards the end of a cycle. That's when the buds really seem to increase in density. I've never done a side by side with/without their 'finish' salts, so this is just anecdotal.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Buds look nice.. That last one though, maybe a little under ripe? Maybe the change in nutrients is effecting the ripening time? Just thinking out loud.

The difference in yield just seems too drastic. My guess is something different is happening at the end of the cycle. Especially if everything looks good otherwise.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Don't know anything about Jack's 1-2-3
You know damn well what he meant your just being obtuse
OK just did a little 3 min research on mole asses. You can see why you are completely wasting your time using them the way you are
So you researched but haven't experimented yourself and we're supposed to take your word? Okay

theNedster

theNedster

The problem is not Jacks. I use Jacks and get big yields. Evidence:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/chop-day-pics-by-peat-phreak.136185/

The yields quoted in that thread aren't inflated BS either. If you are using the standard 321 recipe / ratios, that is limiting your yield compared to the custom Jacks formula I use.
I don’t think the problem is Jacks, I was looking to identify what’s missing. I am going to use Capulator’s formula this run and see what shakes out. My yields have been consistent for years, this is the first surprise I have had in a very long time. It’s devastating and I want to get a handle on it asap.

fishbuds

fishbuds

it's all good. i wish you luck in solving your issue, noone likes that sort of suprise. as for the vocality, etc.....sometimes the least tactful, are the most knowledgeable/experienced. that is why it pays to hear all comers, and be like a duck so the water rolls off ;)

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I don’t think the problem is Jacks, I was looking to identify what’s missing. I am going to use Capulator’s formula this run and see what shakes out. My yields have been consistent for years, this is the first surprise I have had in a very long time. It’s devastating and I want to get a handle on it asap.
What is Cap's formula? Mine is super simple.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I thought the Cap recipe was for Jacks. Mine is easier than General Hydro.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I just want to know what Cap's formula is for the sake of curiosity. But would prefer to have someone spoonfeed me the info because I'm neither bored nor desperate.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I think this is what is being referred to.

To many ingredients for me personally..

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Thanks! Yep. I'll stick with my formula. Easy peazy.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Not only that too difficult. I'm off to buy floranova bloom

Latest posts

Top Bottom