Switching From Cobs To Cmh Mid-flower - Any Possible Issues?

• Thread starter Fangthane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fangthane

Fangthane

I've been window shopping in anticipation of retooling for my next grow attempt, and found what seems to be a pretty decent deal on a basic 315w CMH setup with a 3100K bulb. I bought it and it should be arriving in the mail in a week or so.

Would there be any potential problems with ditching the blurple COBs I'm using now and finishing out the last couple of weeks of flower with the CMH?

I'm sure it's probably considered pretty low-end, but it should still be a significant step up from what I have now. Here's what I ended up getting, but I got mine for $145 shipped.
New bitmap image

DismalDude

DismalDude

Good question,I don't know. I veg under blurple at the moment and they seem to love it. No problems when putting under the cobs so far but I never switched in flower.

hillbil

hillbil

I've been window shopping in anticipation of retooling for my next grow attempt, and found what seems to be a pretty decent deal on a basic 315w CMH setup with a 3100K bulb. I bought it and it should be arriving in the mail in a week or so.

Would there be any potential problems with ditching the blurple COBs I'm using now and finishing out the last couple of weeks of flower with the CMH?

I'm sure it's probably considered pretty low-end, but it should still be a significant step up from what I have now. Here's what I ended up getting, but I got mine for $145 shipped.
View attachment 833795
No problem except for wiping the grin off your face! I run mostly white COBs and almost all white LEDs but have respect for the 315w CMH. You will really notice a difference. Damn, still hate blurple!

Fangthane

Fangthane

Just made the switch from blurple COBs to 315w CMH 3100K. Thanks for the advice. Hoping that permagrin sets in really soon. Daddy needs some big buds!

hillbil

hillbil

I used original CMH Mastercolor bulbs for years which were not near as efficient as the 315s. They really made some memorable profiles in my plants.

FatManatee

FatManatee

Run both for added yield and quality. If added heat and power bill is not a concern.

Top Bottom