switching from intake to sealed help

• Thread starter oldschooltofu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oldschooltofu

so i have been doing an intake/exhaust room and would like to try switching to a sealed room. g

here is what i have
4x4 tent in a garage
2) 600w w air cooled hoods
2) 4" inline fans
can filter
tanked co2 with cycle stat timer
CT DH3 (temp/humidity) controller

temps barely get above 80F day 40-50% humidity
nights are pretty cool 40s, might have to turn on my small heater in dead of winter. (i only grow indoors in winter so i dont think i will need any AC).
the only thing i dont know is actual co2 ppm. any suggestions to get a reasonably priced monitor would be helpful

so my plan is to keep one fan cooling the lights as they are
use second fan and can filter as a scrubber instead of removing humid air or should i just set it to come on during the night

so the questions is humidity at night. close the room and add a dehumidifyer, if so what size?

thanks

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

In that small space a dehummer would probably be a waste of space and money. The point of a sealed room is control of enviro primarily during lights on. You could just vent the tent during lights off to control humidity. Attach a Y to your filter/fan with dampers on each outlet. That way you can control the direction of the exhaust. Scrub during the day, exhaust at night. You can buy motorized dampers, kinda pricey though.

I think your biggest problem will be heat. While aircooling the lights will remove a lot of the heat, the radiant heat from 1200W in 4x4 will be tremendous. Particularly with ambient temps that high. Running at night might work, kinda doubt it though. 100 degrees seems easily attainable in a short time.
Sealed rooms generally rely on AC units to deal with this. Mounting a window unit is possible with a little custom ducting work.... I think so anyway. It would be a shame to have to cut into the tent wall.

As far as CO2, I run 1500 ppm. Seems to be the standard.

Hope this helps,
Fred

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
FYI, Motorized duct dampers are not that expensive. I paid $45 for a 6" motorized one.

Scrub during lights on and exhuast during lights off.

1000-1200max c02.

O

oldschooltofu

so i got it all set up. been flowering a week now. but i only have 2 plants (18" tall) right now. so only 1 600w light is on.

temps low 50s night 70 day (lights on during night) (its in the 25-30F outside at night here so i have to have a small heater during the plants night to keep temps above 50)
humidity is my problem 55 day and 80 night

bought a chhc4 and a eva dry 2200 dehumidifer

the eva dry is on 24h since RH is too high.

i dont need any cooling, but cant keep the humidity down, i had water dripping from the ceiling today

i turned off the co2 today and started venting to get RH down.
ugh...fustrated...did i buy too small a dehumidifer, or turn on the other light for more heat....its winter so humidity outside is 85%ish

M

MediaRocks

Tofu, Are you using hydro or soil? I've never had a problem like a dripping ceiling in a tent when I used them.. thats gotta be some massive RH.. Im also in Oregon, its been way cold and humid lately.. . It's really hard to maintain co2 levels in a grow area that small anyways, you might overdose your plants.. I scrub/vent 24hrs a day to keep air flowing, my temps have been up and down with the cold evenings lately..

Maybe you should move away from the sealed setup.. you're gonna have one hell of a mold issue before you're even ready to chop..

ttystikk

ttystikk

I wish I could help, but that kind of humidity is outside of my experience.

Top Bottom