switching light time

• Thread starter Tech4523
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tech4523

Tech4523

hi guys,

I never had to change my on off light time....I obviously done 24/18/12. currently 18/6 5pm on 11am off....due to peak hydro this was always my time for 18/6.....now with flu and currently capped hydro rates I now want to run lights during the day when my AC/Central Air is blasting and making the grow area the coolest...

so my question is how much stress would it cause to go from 18/6 back to 24hr then back to 18/6 on 6am-12am light schedule

thanks

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Maybe if u put light for 24h long enough , to convice her , that is her new day schedule ... than maybe you can flip it back ,how you want...but you want to change direct opposite if u know what i mean... sorry for bad english..
If you put lot of work in till now , i would not recommend you doing it,, they might hermie..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't really see an issue just changing it. Just don't give it more dark period in terms of length. Imo just cut the day short but make sure it doesn't get more than a 6hr dark period as she is used to.

Tech4523

Tech4523

Maybe if u put light for 24h long enough , to convice her , that is her new day schedule ... than maybe you can flip it back ,how you want...but you want to change direct opposite if u know what i mean... sorry for bad english..
If you put lot of work in till now , i would not recommend you doing it,, they might hermie..
shes in about week 4 atm

definitely don't want to induce hermz but the heat control would be nice...but for the flip I'd have to expose them to about 29-30 hours of straight light again before giving them their 6 off.....is it worth the risk ?

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Imo it would be better not to switch, if you can finish it without switching... Its question, how much you want to risk..

Tech4523

Tech4523

well I said F@$K IT and went for the light switch. Ran the lights 31hrs but dimmed them down after the original 18...Also installed a AC unit...plants seem to be loving the new addition and no stress form the switch.

20200624 195730
20200624 195741
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

well I said F@$K IT and went for the light switch. Ran the lights 31hrs but dimmed them down after the original 18...Also installed a AC unit...plants seem to be loving the new addition and no stress form the switch.
Single hose AC?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I believe so just one vent hose if that's what you mean? it's just a little 6000 btu Portable I picked up cheap...vented out the window.
Kinda kills 2 birds with1 stone. Will also increase your air exchange. Was just curious. The dual hose won't so that so they are best for a sealed room..

Top Bottom