Switching lights from night to day

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

I have been running my lights at night to save energy and try to keep the heat down as much as possible. This schedule is a pain in the ass as I can only get in the room late at night and early in the morning. With cooler temps coming I was thinking of switching my lights to days. Is there a way to do this without stressing the plants?

G

Grass Roots

yep 24hrs either way will not hurt them..I've done both with no issues...I've slipped a couple time and they light stayed on 36hrs at the 4 week mark in bloom, got the timers in check and they kept on blooming.

K

Kennie_B

like they said; you should be fine. I've did exactly what your talking about with no problems at all. good luck

G

GMMToronto

if new plants come in you can give 36, 48, or even 72 hours of darkness to kick start the flowering cycle

putembk

putembk

Thanks for the help fellow farmers, it sure is going to make life easier.

F

farmerjohn

Where is it that cool weather arrives in August? If you don't have the time to complete the run you are in, & are planning the switch before then, I would just reduce one of the light cycles by turning them off @ the appropriate time, then on again 12 hours later. The extra darkness isn't going to hurt anything & the plants will adjust to the new timing, particularly since they have no choice. lol

putembk

putembk

I was hoping to hear from you John. As hard as it is to believe by mid August in the foothills of Colorado the weather starts to cool. I'm not planing on switching today I am just thinking about the future. I just want to have more access to the girls. Unfortunately as I have gotten older I use the night for sleeping.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the day is for sleeping! geez were do these people come from?

i changed my light shcedual also same way left it dark then turned it on

F

farmerjohn

Come to think of it, August can be pretty cool a lot of places in Colorado! I forgot about altitude & its effect on temperatures, even in the middle of the Summer. Pitched camp in Cimmaron in late August '02 & woke up to a hard frost on the ground! Which the sun burned off in 10 minutes, but until it came up, it was well below freezing! Here in August a 65 degree night is considered cool!

Who said the day is for sleeping? I think putem just meant the nights used to be for other things besides always sleeping. I remember those halcyon days, when lost sleep was no big deal.:sleepy:sleepy:sleepy

Can you amplify on your "I was hoping to hear from you, John" comment a bit putem? Don't get me wrong, glad to hear it, but you didn't really say why.

F

farmerjohn

Back on topic, I had 21 2 litre bottle cuttings taped together in groups of 7, 5 one gallon potted Silver Pearl clones, 4 small seed plants & 1 large 2 gallon Keymo clone scattered around outside the domicile vegging. Kinda. All the SP, the Keymo & even a few of the bottle plants have been showing pistils for the last 2 weeks. Anyhoo, some numb nutz dumb ass kid who musta rode his bike by & saw the hidden plants, waltzed right onto my property in the middle of the night & grabbed the Keymo plant & ran off! Little did he realize I had him scope sighted with a rifle:character0110: from about 30 feet away & could have easily hospitalized or morgued him! He was a kid & the punishment I could have metted out, did not equal the crime, so I let him go. I removed everything today to a safe haven. Everything except the largest seed plant. That I put right back in the spot he took the Keymo plant from. & I loaded my 12 gauge!:hunter: Come on back, ya punk & make my day! Funny thing is my partner told me just Sunday that a local kid happened to mention he rode by a place that he thought had a few mari-g-juana plants sitting out & how he planned on rippin' 'em off! I hope he enjoys that one plant, because any attempt to get the one left outside, will result in an ass load of rocksalt!:dance Now to tie this all back into the topic. I let the plants sit in the sun all day & then took them to a safe haven & put them under lighting. So here's another way to do it. They will have a 24 hour light period & then be on 12/12 thereafter.

Top Bottom