switching nutes halfway thru

• Thread starter Drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drizzle

Drizzle

I've been using Grand Master Advanced Nutes during veg and have been using advanced for the first week of flower too....But now I am switching to General Organic....I think....

So I'm going from Advanced PH to 6.3 to Gen Hydro to what...6.8? I'm mjust worried this might be a terrible idea. I'm just not into paying 2k in nutrients. And I didn't see crazy results from my first harvest with Advanced. So I decided to go without it. Not to mention everyone I know hates Advanced. And their customer service is rude.

So is this switch gonna be hard on the plants? soil btw

K

kushtrees

Why does GO have a pH of 6.8? Good soil should buffer the pH some. I think your not supposed to pH GO either... Not sure though never used it

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

IMO, nutes arent going to make or break your final product. Yes, some nutrient lines work a little better than others, but nutrients are not the key to growing "the best".My order of priorities that should be looked at before spending $$$ on a new nute line would be: 1.GENETICS 2.Environment 3.Climate 4.Moisture level and PH of medium 5.Microbial life/ beneficial fungis and bacterias 5. NUTRIENTS.... and so on. Some may switch the order a little bit, but what im trying to get through to you is that, make sure everything else is sitting tits then spend $ on a suitable nute line. If not, then no matter what nutrients you buy, your still going to be yielding less than perfect.

on another note, i noticed your using the Grand Master line of Advanced. That means your using everything from hobbyist level to the grand master level... thats like 16 different products. Personally i dont use advanced nutes anymore, not because their product isnt good, but because i feel that the company is in it to make money instead of making good growers if you know what i mean. If ur using the grand master schedule i feel that you might be using to many additives and possible making your mix way high on the ppm level.. Advanced makes great Bases (connossiuer, Sensi, or their 3 part) but most of their additives are over priced and repeated through different bottles. one of my dudes is using the sensi two part base at the expert feeding level and he has pretty good results.

anyways, General Organics is a decent line, but why are you choosing to go organic? going all the way organic might produce a earthier taste, but you will lose on yield. I wouldnt make the jump unless you had a real reason to go fully organic. i jumped on that band wagon a few years ago, but after a year of unsatisfying results, i went back to using synthetic additives with organic bases.... for the most part.

much luck
sorry if my reply was endless, but i have a tendency to keep ramblin
Art

Top Bottom