Switching to Coco Advice from Coco Pros Needed

• Thread starter wreign
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wreign

wreign

Hey everyone!

Ive been growing in promix for a while and cannot break through 1.5 lb per 1000w de.

Tried 3 gals and 7 gals air pots. Different watering regiments. No co2 though.

Tried 4,6 and now 8 plants under a light.

Current run is my best run is 1.5# per 1000w.

I am realizing that fequent waterings is what drives the yields, at least in my setup. Hence, wanting to switch to coco.

Some. Questions for those of you who run coco:

- with a 9 plant per light setup is it better to go with 1gal or 2 gal pots. The plan is to transpalnt the clone into a 1 or 2 gal, veg for 10 days max and flip.
- is it better to go with pure coco or 70/30 coco perlite mix
- i will be fergiating 6-8 times during light on, does my run off need to be 20% per watering or per day?
- ive seen diff suggestions… 800ppm all the way to 1200?
- also seen ppl adding clay pebbles on top, is this helpful to prevent overdrying and lower rh?

Thank you!!

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Hey everyone!

Ive been growing in promix for a while and cannot break through 1.5 lb per 1000w de.

I am realizing that fequent waterings is what drives the yields, at least in my setup. Hence, wanting to switch to coco.

- with a 9 plant per light setup is it better to go with 1gal or 2 gal pots. The plan is to transpalnt the clone into a 1 or 2 gal, veg for 10 days max and flip.
- i will be fergiating 6-8 times during light on, does my run off need to be 20% per watering or per day?
- also seen ppl adding clay pebbles on top, is this helpful to prevent overdrying and lower rh?

Thank you!!
If your going to be watering 6-8 times per day I’d use perlite aswell mate I find they don’t go much on watering all the time in veg but in flower is where multiple feeds a day comes into its own I don’t use clay balls on top so have no advice on that good luck man👍 also the run off thing should be timed so your last watering runs through 20 percent not every watering.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hey everyone!

Thank you!!
Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

What kind of promix have you been using? I use Promix HP Mycorrhizae and often have wonderful results. I haven't tried any of their other products.

Sometimes I will add pure coco and perlite to the batch as a "filler" if I need more soil, but straight up Promix HP has worked just fine for me.

Just a heads up, growing in Promix and growing in pure coco are often 2 different ballgames, so be prepared to make adjustments in your fert regimen, as well.

I will say adding Co2 will up your game significantly, if you can. Maintaining proper VPD and Co2 at all times can easily up your harvest results.

I'll try to help ya out as best I can, unfortunately I'm not here as often as I would like to be due to busy life stuff.. But answer my question and I'll try to help ya from there!

🤠

wreign

wreign

If your going to be watering 6-8 times per day I’d use perlite aswell mate I find they don’t go much on watering all the time in veg but in flower is where multiple feeds a day comes into its own I don’t use clay balls on top so have no advice on that good luck man👍 also the run off thing should be timed so your last watering runs through 20 percent not every watering.
Awesome thank you! How much should i aim for re water each time? A few min drip every 2 hours or so?

And just to confirm if i water 6 times, no run off first five (or least minimal) and big run off on the sixth?

And perlite wont make 1gal dry too fast?

wreign

wreign

Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

What kind of promix have you been using? I use Promix HP Mycorrhizae and often have wonderful results. I haven't tried any of their other products.

Sometimes I will add pure coco and perlite to the batch as a "filler" if I need more soil, but straight up Promix HP has worked just fine for me.

Just a heads up, growing in Promix and growing in pure coco are often 2 different ballgames, so be prepared to make adjustments in your fert regimen, as well.

I will say adding Co2 will up your game significantly, if you can. Maintaining proper VPD and Co2 at all times can easily up your harvest results.

I'll try to help ya out as best I can, unfortunately I'm not here as often as I would like to be due to busy life stuff.. But answer my question and I'll try to help ya from there!

🤠
Thank you, i appreciate any help i can get to make this transition as smooth as possible.

I use the exactly same promix as you.

Last ran i had 6 plants under a light. 6 week veg, mainlining for 6-8 colas. Went into flower at 30inches finished 45 or so. Got 5.5# off 4 lights. That was my best run in 7 gals to date. Feeding at 900-1000 ppm every watering, very very little tip burn. Water twice per day, using blumat water meter watering at 100milibars.

After that run i realized 2 things:

- im loosing too much time vegging and training and trimming off bottom 25-30% in flower kind of defeats the purpose
- i still had some empty space between the plants, not a lot but if add it all up probably could fit one more plant
- i would not be able to do anything better, like co2 yes but as far as other things i just didnt see how i could getbto 1g/w.

Co2 is the plan for the future but i want to max out the grow before doing it. I want to make sure i learn the craft as co2 would just cover up for any of my mistakes and give me "Skewed" numbers if you know what i mean.

So for this run i went 8 plants in smaller pots, drip fertigation. The canopy looks a bit more filled out and compared to last run colas look bigger. Im at week 5 and it looks like week 6+ from my last run so im guessing ill be close to 1.5

But again this would still be shy of 2# i need to get to feel confident ive achieved some level of success.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Awesome thank you! How much should i aim for re water each time? A few min drip every 2 hours or so?

And just to confirm if i water 6 times, no run off first five (or least minimal) and big run off on the sixth?

And perlite wont make 1gal dry too fast?
Well with frequent fertigation you use a lower ec level anyway so the whole run off thing is to make sure no excess salt builds up in the medium which is less likely to happen with high frequency watering so I’d only have 10-15 percent on the last watering but just check your runoff that will tell ya what’s up👍

wreign

wreign

Well with frequent fertigation you use a lower ec level anyway so the whole run off thing is to make sure no excess salt builds up in the medium which is less likely to happen with high frequency watering so I’d only have 10-15 percent on the last watering but just check your runoff that will tell ya what’s up👍
Thanks! And how big of a plant i can expect if i flip at 12inches. Topped once in early veg.

I realize this is strain dependant but will my canopy be full with 9 plants in a 4x5?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Thanks! And how big of a plant i can expect if i flip at 12inches. Topped once in early veg.

I realize this is strain dependant but will my canopy be full with 9 plants in a 4x5?
Mate that’s a how longs a piece of string question I have no idea how long you will have to veg for sorry👍 Just get her growin and the more experienced here will help ya along I’m sure👍

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
It sounds like you've pretty much covered all your bases. I think you would benefit greatly from properly managed VPD and Co2 supplementation. After you've done everything else, that's really the key to maximum yields.

Top Bottom