Switching Up Tent Input Wanted

• Thread starter Bashar Assad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Alright so I'm on the third week of bloom of my first ever grow (two dutch passion star ryders) and I've decided to switch up my lights and wanted some input on my new set up.

So I've been tinkering around with lighting on my two plants. I was wondering how much horizontal lighting would increase plant size so I decided to set up my lights like this from the first week of the bloom stage and on.....

Plant one
-vertically positioned 300watt (190 drawn watts) 6 band/ir/uv/12k lumens led panel 16" from canopy
-horizontally positioned 300watt (120 watt drawn) red wavelength (600-700nm) led panel 8" from back side of plant (led is placed along side back of tent)
-horizontally positioned 150watt (80 watt drawn) 670nm red led panel 6" away from front/right side of plant (led on right hand wall of tent)

Plant two

-300 watt (190watt drawn) led panel from above over head vertically
-30o watt (120 watt drawn) red wavelength (600-700nm) led panel 15" above vertically

So over the three weeks in the bloom phase of having the lights like this the first plant has become huge! All of the side buds are much more swollen dense and faster growing than the second plant. Also the main kola is almost 3 times the size, it's massive compared to the second plants.

Also it should prolly be noted that the plants buds on the sides have been leaned over and gently secured down laterallY as well on both plants. Also growing conditions in the tent were a range of 76-78°F over the three weeks and a RH oF 35-50%. As for the hydroponics both are fed from the same reservoir and get the same nutrients. The tds has averaged about 1100ppm and the pH ranges from 5.8-6.3 (both are continuously monitored with a hanna grochek meter). Reservoir temp stays between 64-69°F. Plants are on the same watering schedule of four 15 min waterings a day controlled by Analogue timers.

So seeing this massive increase in plant size I decided to redo my tents lights tonight. Now instead of going over what plant has what I'll just tell you where the lights are in the tent because I've tried to mirror each plants lighting set up.

Tent (2'x4'x5' mylar lined tent)
-300 watt 6 band/12k lumen led is directly above the two plants giving each plant equal coverage of light
-the two 300watt red wavelength leds are near the right and left hand corner of the tent pointin at slight (20°) angle towards the back side and right/left side of the plants. They're about 15" away from the plants.
-the 150watt led is between the two 300w red leds on the back wall and it's light covers the other side of the plant where the 300w can't get to. It's about 15" away from the plants.

New stuff I was able to add. Because of some reducting of the ac intake and way better fan positioning ( one 12" fan and another 8" fan pointed at led hot spots pushing hot air towards exhaust port) (cold ac air is blow directly between the canopy and the vertical led)

-3x 55watt cfl's along front of tent. Each plant has one facing front side and one cfl is in between the middle of the plants. They're 2700k 3600lumens. They're about 4.5" from the plants.

-4x26watt cfl's each plant has on its side nearest the side wall of the tent two 26 watt 3100k 1700 lumen cfls. They're no more than two inches from the plants.

That's my new set up! Right now the temp is going between 76-78°F and humidity is at 45% I'm thinking I'll be getting some good results yea? Any thoughts or advice is welcome.

I'll post pics.

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

20151020 010914

Top Bottom