Swollen Base

• Thread starter ogbluntdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Swollen base
Swollen base 2
the whole plant is dropping very soft leaves and stems. A dead plant pretty much. The base of the stalk is Extreamly swollen and the stalk above the base is black and almost looking moldy. Pictures show it well. Thanks for any help.

Also, what deficiency causes dark purple stems throughout entire plant.

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

plant is toast... looks like multiple problems. the swollen stock is most likely due to rotting of some sort. as ur plant rots from the roots up, the stalk will become fragile and jelly like as it expands due to decomposing. The question u should be asking is "why did my plant die" looks like this little gal went through hell.

Muckman420

Muckman420

Ouch! A P deficiency would cause purple petioles but idk what you got there...

Dunge

Dunge

I saw this last summer in a few outdoor plants.
Plants looked good until suddenly they wilted.
Thought it to be a fungal infection.
They all died eventually despite H2O2 spray and Serinade spray.
Sorry I can't offer any counter measures that worked, but will follow along to see if anything shakes out of this thread.
Good luck.

straincreation

straincreation

Did you put any thingmon the stem for critter? Did this a few years ago with tangle foot. Stopped the flow of everything and the plant died in a similar Manner.BOL
happy farmin;)

showmegreen

showmegreen

Activated charcoal mixed in soil and a good top dressing of a wicking agent on your next grow if growing in same location. Are you in a wet basement? Fungal root rots my guess. Soil temp too high and wet. It will happen continuously if problem not eradicated. Sorry bout the luck. I cry fer that poor baby.

symbiote420

symbiote420

What brand of soil are you in @ogbluntdoc?

Most bagged soils are shitty as hell nowadays, full of pest and deadly pathogens that are ready to wreck havoc on your garden/plants. Medical grows are booming now so the demand for soils has gotten higher...... it takes hundreds of years for peat bogs to replenish themselves and I know ProMix uses a ton of sawdust as a filler in their mixes and lots of other companies use sand, etc. to compensate for the peat they can't mine due to environmental laws. Sucks to cover all your basics just to bring in some bad soil and watch your whole shit fall off..... it's getting worse each year too it seems so I'm planning on going back to recycling my dirt cause the option of putting a bag of soil in the oven is one I don't have.... the lady of the house ain't going for that!

Myco

Myco

Do you see any areas on the stem where it looks to have "split open"? Kinda like if you over-cook a hot dog or sausage haha. Brittle stems?

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I'm using pure botanicare coco. I knew she was a goner so I dug her up to look at her closer. She definetly rotted some how some way. Almost gel like in some spots. Haven't seen it in any of the other ladies.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I lost a couple of plants recently like you. I attributed the rot to a number of factors, including overwatering, transplanting too deep, having a mulch layer too close to the stem, and adding too many microbes at once.

clandestino

clandestino

I am surprised nobody has mentioned fusarium yet, cut the stem open and look for discolouration?

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I've already thrown this girl away but the stem was very discolored. Black/green/brown/yellow from what I recall.

H

happy b

Looks like the soil line rotted the stem.could be over wet soil or if you added any top dressing to the soil it could b that.

LibertyBadger

LibertyBadger

I'm pretty sure that is Fusarium Wilt. There's nothing you can do about that, but kill the plant and discard the soil. The infected soil will spread the fungus.

Top Bottom