Swollen Calyx and Trichome view fail

• Thread starter JustAnotherHead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JustAnotherHead

What's up. Doing my 1st/2nd grow right now. I believe my plants are very close. I bought a couple of pocket microscopes to view the trichomes. They are pretty hard to use and when I can view them, I have the scope all jammed up in the buds smashing the sweet sugary goodness.

Been reading up that there are other ways to tell. Such as swollen calyx. Well my buds on one plant I believe is very close to finishing has just been sitting there for 2 weeks. Not growing any bigger, not get anymore coated in trichs. Just the past few days though, some of the calyx look exploded almost like popcorn and sort of swallowing the pistils. Is this what is meant by looking for swollen calyx? Will this happen to every calyx?

Here's some pics of what i'm talking about, click on 'em to see full size. The 2nd pic is a really good example. Am I on the right track? These things are on daily chop watch for me but unless this 60-100x pocket microscope starts working better....

http://www.invalid.com/photos/65716609@N07/6264814503/

http://www.invalid.com/photos/65716609@N07/6265269242/

jammie

jammie

here there head- don't cram the scope against the bud. cut a 1-mm piece of leaf, place on white paper and a flat hard surface. much more stable, then you can adjust the scope to see if tric is clear, cloudy or amber

J

JustAnotherHead

You can see a few of the leaf tips cut off. I was doing just that. All my trichomes appear to be cloudy, but no amber. The buds are the hardest I've ever felt. I took a lower crap branch to snag a clone off of. It had a popcorn but that was hard as stone, dried it for 3 days smoked it today. Zero stone at all. What a bummer. Thought that the buds would knock me for a loop at Day 64.

T

treehugger

Y It had a popcorn but that was hard as stone, dried it for 3 days smoked it today. Zero stone at all. What a bummer. That the buds would knock me for a loop at Day 64.

That's the second time i've read that today, you need to understand that freshly dried material is not an accurate marker as to eventual strength. The high at that point is all cerebral and just flies over the head of most stoners, just like wine before it's time...

I'd say you're looking at another 7-10 day's, you're not into calyx senescence quite yet, or showing signs of thc degradation (amber captitate glands). Home stretch.

J

JustAnotherHead

That's the second time i've read that today, you need to understand that freshly dried material is not an accurate marker as to eventual strength. The high at that point is all cerebral and just flies over the head of most stoners, just like wine before it's time...

I'd say you're looking at another 7-10 day's, you're not into calyx senescence quite yet, or showing signs of thc degradation (amber captivate glands). Home stretch.

I hope you are right because the test nugs look so amazing, what a let down.

Testnug1
T

TreFarmer

I'd say you're looking at another 7-10 day's, you're not into calyx senescence quite yet, or showing signs of thc degradation (amber captitate glands). Home stretch.

+1

I

igrindhard

I had this problem the product looks alot better than reggie but when smoke it wasnt shit... It was bag seed however... So if the nugs are shit when smoked its either you didnt let it grow long enough or you didnt cure it long enough/ inproper dry??;

Harvesting my 2nd bullshit bagseed grow now got 3 left still goin

H

Hypocrite420

thats a bummer... what ever happened? I had to chop my first grow after only 3 weeks of flowering due to some trust issues and even at 3 weeks only, I put the buds in the oven to cure and they tasted pretty bad but got me STONED.

Top Bottom