sym's LA Confidential x Purple Kush

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

I breed this strain nearly two years ago, after seeing my peeps who are basically 1st timer growers get great results, me & Leafdoctor decided it was time for some more skilled hands to give them a go. I just grabbed a clone from each female he found, they pretty uniform in looks but one of the moms is a wee bit taller. Adding the PK, which my peeps has been getting from a local guy that's had her going since before 9/11 and inbreeding it, has increased the vigor and sped the veg times of the Connie up .....which was my main goal when I chose the PK male.

TBH she kinda looks like an old school Paki Kush variety! The nugs I've sampled from peeps have been verrry narcotic ....keep in mind they were all 1st time growers!

Pheno 1
Syms la confidential x purple kush

Syms la confidential x purple kush 2

Pheno 2
Syms la confidential x purple kush 3

Syms la confidential x purple kush 4

I've got pics of the LA mom that aren't the best but there all I got ...I'll post em up, I didn't get any of the PK male but I have pics from one of my rookie peeps LOL, almost everything that could go wrong in your grow (mites from taking in clones, newb mistakes, etc.) and he produced some helluva meds!!

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hey Sym, very nice project. Should get some really stoney n dank pheno's in them there beans! Hope ya dont mind if I pop in from time to time. I think this will be a neat show. Goodluck with everything Sym. Peace.
Quest

symbiote420

symbiote420

Nice Sym, keep tellin myself to crack em and give em a go.:D

Pop em Mota! I'll be running plenty of em soon .....making f2s!;)

LA Confidential mom, these are the only pics I could muster up. These pics were from my 1st 1k grow, had some heat issues ....learning curve LOL
La 049

La 047

La 002

Here's a few pics from one of those 1st time growers I mentioned ....he had some heat and mite issues plus a few newbie mistakes but still produced some great meds!
Lapk 022

Lapk 010

Lapk 029

Lapk 027

ftwendy

ftwendy

I just made this cross, too... seeds are waiting to be popped.

Which PK was this originally, and how did you get to a male from there? They look very PK dom. Nice job!

symbiote420

symbiote420

I just made this cross, too... seeds are waiting to be popped.

Which PK was this originally, and how did you get to a male from there? They look very PK dom. Nice job!

Sweeeet! I had to wait for my peeps to reach the guy who worked this PK, he's had and has been working this particular PK like forever .....pre 9/11 ....says he got em from outta Marc Emery's catalog! I've grown this PK many times and the seedlings are just as uniform as the cuts. I gifted her to one of my peeps and he's been running her non stop since '09.

I talked to leafdoctor today, he has the seed plant females in bloom right and says he's been blown away with what he's seeing from them! I'm flipping mine this weekend!

ftwendy

ftwendy

Those bottom two shots are a dead peg for warm temp flowered PK's.

Very exciting to hear you're flipping them soon, bro -- can't wait to see how your cross comes out.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Nice job Sym! Hook us up with a smoke report bro! Keep up the good work. Peace.
Quest

symbiote420

symbiote420

Those bottom two shots are a dead peg for warm temp flowered PK's.

Very exciting to hear you're flipping them soon, bro -- can't wait to see how your cross comes out.

I guess what's different with this strain of PK then is it turns purple @ 3 wks regardless of the temps! When I 1st started growing the cuts LOL I almost trashed em all because I thought it was some type of mold or rot starting to develop ....under the scope it was a purple color instead of brown or black, "Oh I get it! .....Purple Kush!!!" went thru my mind LOL ....I've had some grows then that reached 95F or higher and she still purpled up!
The colder it gets the deeper the purpling, I never had the leaves purple though they stayed green or yellowed but the buds were always purple. She grows 2x her size at bloom, has a pungent skunky grape candy smell, my peeps say it smells just like "purple" LOL whatever that means! There are many side branches but they're lanky (the purpose for crossing with the Connie in the 1st place) , always responded better to topping than LST or supercropping ....stems just seemed to snap no matter how gentle I tried to be with em.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Here's a couple pics before I flip em tomorrow!

Plant #1, she has a tougher structure than #2 and the stem rub reminds me of their Connie mother! She's more vigorous than her LA mom too but not like the #2, which the seed plant for that clone is blowin up for Leafdoctor who has them @ 5 ...closer to 6 wks now!

Symbiote420 II 035

Symbiote420 II 033

Plant #2, thinking about topping this one! She has the same stem feel as PK and smell

Symbiote420 II 036

Symbiote420 II 034

Group shots!!!

Symbiote420 II 031

Symbiote420 II 032

ftwendy

ftwendy

They look great sym -- watching them bloom will be fun. Re: tasting of purple... lucky you. That's the best.

Funny. You used a stout LA to give your PK some beef, while I used a stretchy LA to give the PK lady some legs. We're like a twins in alternate dimensions. :)

TortureKill

TortureKill

Looking happy as a clam. Very healthy plants!
They have the structure and leaf shapes of a paki. Anxious to see how these turn out. In my experience, the purple trait is very dominant in hybrid f1 crosses, and is almost always expresses the coloring in one way or another in the offspring. Should be some very heady, meds. Id also imagine would imagine, theyll make excellent hash!

symbiote420

symbiote420

Day 14 pics

Plant 1
Symbiote420 II 116

Symbiote420 II 117

Symbiote420 II 118

Symbiote420 II 119

Plant 2
Symbiote420 II 112

Symbiote420 II 113

Symbiote420 II 115

My buddy Leafdoc is at 7 wks and has already confirmed what I already suspected ....plant 1 is that deal, not saying #2 ain't cutting it but the #1 is really impressing him! Super funky, chunky, rock hard nugs!!

symbiote420

symbiote420

snap pics of LDs lets see it at week 7 mane

Stopped by LD's yesterday rawman and I have to say I'm a lil impressed! These girls are @ 59 days, I told him to take em to 63 even though they're ready now! Still working on my photo game so bare with me. ;)

plant 1, stockier pheno has a nice fuely, danky smell to her!

Lapk 033

Lapk 034

Lapk 049

Lapk 059

Lapk 060

plant 2, taller/lankier pheno has a strong chemical type smell that's hard to describe, other than to say it's offensive ...but in a good way!

Lapk 039

Lapk 040

Lapk 041

Lapk 047

Lapk 051

*plus the pic in the attachment*

Both ladies

Lapk 052

Lapk 045

Told LD I'm calling this strain ....Zero Dark Thirty!

Lapk 048

Latest posts

Top Bottom