Synthetic Root Stim to use with Zone

• Thread starter llcoolJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

llcoolJ

Hey Farmers,

I am currently using the full Dutch Master lineup and in week 4 of veg using DWC. Everything is green and healthy. I do believe the plants should be larger at this time with more root mass. Roots are nice and white with no issues because of the ZONE. But I cannot use roots excel, rhizotonic, etc because the Zone kills the bennies and causes problem's.

Does anybody know of a synthetic root stimulator that can be used with Zone? Or perhaps a foliar spray? I am foliar feeding a few times a week with Liquid Light and Satutator with some organic kelp added.

I also just switched out my 7500k blue bulbs for standard 4100k ones to help promote a little stretch. These babies are short and compact with great node spacing, but I need some stretch and especially larger root mass.

Thanks to anyone that has an educated answer!

LLCoolJ

L

llcoolJ

I forgot to mention I am following exactly the Dutch Master calculator online. I am currently at an EC of 1.9. Does that seem too high for this stage, and could it attribute to slower growth? Like I said plants are very lush and healthy, just smaller.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

that ec sounds high but if your plants look ok then fuck it
i think most root stimulators will still have a positive effect in a sterile environment

with that being said id just save the cash and let the roots develop naturally

sensicloud

sensicloud

New GH root stim called rapid start is 1 ml per gal and I believe is hormone and mineral based and should work well for you. I have friends that've used it and they say they get they same results as with roots excelerator and that's my fav thing in a bottle lol :)

L

llcoolJ

Thanks for the replies fellas. I have the Rapid Start now. Was applying at 1ml/ gallon. I believe there is the same bennies in there as the Excelurator. After a couple days there was some minor foaming in the water and a little slime on the roots when used in conjunction with Zone. The Zone kills anything alive. Switched back to strictly Zone and no problems at all. Clear water and white roots. Growth just seems slow for DWC. At 4 weeks from clone I was expecting plants at least 2 feet tall and wide. Running 2 400 watt Halides. Plant are an awesome dark purple pheno of Sugar Punch which is half Super Silver Haze. And Kolossus which is Sativa dominant. Both are around 12" high now, but bushy. Will get some pics up when the camera is charged.

I would like to try one of the Roots products without Zone. But my water temp gets up to 75F and I don't want to battle any root diseases. Wish there was some purely hormone based formula to use in conjunction with Zone.

L

llcoolJ

Here are a few pics. First the Kolossus. Then Sugar Punch. Roots aren't slimy at the top, it is discoloration from the nutrients. They are so short I feel like they should be spreading their wings a little. I have never done DWC before, but have done Ebb and Flood and they stretched like they were supposed to. Last pic is of some really potent Chocolate Rain that is really helping me with my Crohn's and arthritis right now. Anybody with pain would benefit from this lady. That's the plant you can see in the smart pot.

Any tips or suggestions to get these things to turn into big bushes a little faster would be appreciated. I only grow 3 plants at a time and need more meds for my pain, hence the switch to DWC.

gallery_2098_2631_397931.jpg

gallery_2098_2631_125097.jpg

gallery_2098_2631_870639.jpg

gallery_2098_2631_638657.jpg

gallery_2098_2631_282835.jpg

gallery_2098_2631_901387.jpg

gallery_2098_2631_1387016.jpg

Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
How often do you re apply your zone? Are they eating down the nutes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom