t5 bad boy....

• Thread starter concretedawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

concretedawg

just wanted to know if anyone was running one these its the quantum t-5 bad boy says it has more lumens than a 1000 watt hid? just curious to see any input? thanks dawg.

hotRod

hotRod

Ive used the 8 lamp for a small veg room, 10 inch pots
and it was sweet. Plants loved all that blue light
and you can get the lamps real close without burning

they will put out some heat so have good intake
and exhaust fans

:passingjoint:

N

naynay

They look pretty cool, I was thinking of trying them too. I hope you get more info from some people who have used them.

hotrod- do you think they put off as much as a 1000w mh, air cooled?

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

hotrod- do you think they put off as much as a 1000w mh, air cooled?

HID HID HID HID HID HID HID HID

You get the point. There is no substitute at this point for a thowie in an indoor garden. A thowie HID.

T5's have their place and are pretty sweet lights. I have used them on veg plants in E&F for the first couple weeks of life and was impressed how the T5's bushed the plants up.

But, if you have a one light show and can cool it, get a thowie. Period.

M

moodster

i love my t5 a load its cheap to run no heat and the plants in veg love it i would not use it for flower got a hps

hotRod

hotRod

T5s are sweet and have there place
but to pick between the HID and T5

HID no question

hotRod

hotRod

the T5 puts out less heat
but the T5 is not as intense as an HID

they are wonderful for small clones
in 6in pots or 10 in pots

much larger pot size than that I would go HID

:cool0044:

E

edux10

also remember how much it is to replace the t5 bulbs. I run 8 (4 ft) and they are (bultiply) 35 bux each at the pet store. about 300 bucks. i can get a hortalux 1000w hps for that easy... and the 8 t5 are more like a 400 watt that lights up a 2x4 ft area. pretty slow veg but when you are not worried about vegging asap (ie. have plenty of plants on hand to flower) they are great besides relamping!

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
also remember how much it is to replace the t5 bulbs. I run 8 (4 ft) and they are (bultiply) 35 bux each at the pet store. about 300 bucks. i can get a hortalux 1000w hps for that easy... and the 8 t5 are more like a 400 watt that lights up a 2x4 ft area. pretty slow veg but when you are not worried about vegging asap (ie. have plenty of plants on hand to flower) they are great besides relamping!

Well thats your problem!You need to get your bulbs from a grow store or online. $35 is insane!!

B

BlueBerryMaster

um really does it even have to be thought about,,,,,,,,, HID MAN HID

M

MJPassion

I just picked up a T5 for my veg/clone room. I'm loving it cause it keeps the internodes short and the plants in general short and bushy. I'd never flower under the thing but it's awesome for veg.

To all you T5 haters out there... Try putting that thowie 6 inches from your plants. HA... You just burned yer babies suckers. Don't forget about the inverse square law and how quickly lights intensity fades either. A thowie with a single point light source is going to have more fade than a panel lighting system in the corners of your grow room! HIDs have their place just like T5s just like LEDs.

Speaking of which... LEDs are coming on strong using less power and yielding more than twice the bud per square foot in half the space as HPS lighting.

S

swisscheese

I just picked up a T5 for my veg/clone room. I'm loving it cause it keeps the internodes short and the plants in general short and bushy. I'd never flower under the thing but it's awesome for veg.

To all you T5 haters out there... Try putting that thowie 6 inches from your plants. HA... You just burned yer babies suckers. Don't forget about the inverse square law and how quickly lights intensity fades either. A thowie with a single point light source is going to have more fade than a panel lighting system in the corners of your grow room! HIDs have their place just like T5s just like LEDs.

Speaking of which... LEDs are coming on strong using less power and yielding more than twice the bud per square foot in half the space as HPS lighting.

I would like to see a led setup outyield a hid setup side by side. It always turns into some sketchy math and science to show how the led wins. But I think led has potential down the road.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I would like to see a led setup outyield a hid setup side by side. It always turns into some sketchy math and science to show how the led wins. But I think led has potential down the road.

LOL. U got that right! In one breath they'll say a 126 w led unit is comprable to a 400w HID, get outyielded 2:1, and then brag about how their gram/watt ratio blew away the HID. What a joke, and completely lacking in intellectual honesty.

L

Lefay

Hello friends ,

I am using at the moment a Qantum T5 Badboy for my mothers,a Badboy with 18 and one with 4 tubes.

With the one with the 18 tubes I am very disappointed.

When I hang up the Ts Badboy with 18 tubes,it broddens on both sides and than tubes in the middle doesn't fit anymore . . .

The hanging point is in the middle.

I am using the original Badboy tubes.

For my mothers I am using blue and red together.

Does anyone have the same experiance,that the tubes are falling on top of

the plants from the middle of the 18 tubes BadBoy,there where the hanging

point is ?

Peace,

Lefay

PS With the smaller one(4 tubes),I am happy . . .

Top Bottom