Wanted t5 grow lights which bulbs

• Thread starter wallrus246
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wallrus246

wallrus246

i have a 4x4 t5 with 8 bulbs that im using to veg with only 2 bulbs in, its in my old chicken coop im saying up money to get a tent as I just got hired at the new local grow store and I was wondering can you achive dank bud with the t5 light and benefiits of using uv and changing up the bulbs and what would happen if I use the stock bulbs

Ponky

Ponky

You can mother and veg kick ass plants with T5s. But to grow bud worth smoking? I say no. But. Grow anyway. And veg until you can buy a light. Boss probably front you a light.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I use these to supplement the T-5s in veg.
Would be curious how well they would work in flower.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i have a 4x4 t5 with 8 bulbs that im using to veg with only 2 bulbs in, its in my old chicken coop im saying up money to get a tent as I just got hired at the new local grow store and I was wondering can you achive dank bud with the t5 light and benefiits of using uv and changing up the bulbs and what would happen if I use the stock bulbs
As said above T5's are great for vegging. I use a 6 tube 4ft fixture with another single 4ft as side lighting in a home made 3ftx5ftx6ft closet Bathroom fans for intake and exhaust. After my initial purchase I needed replacement bulbs and I found them as expensive to buy 6 new tubes as a new fixture with tubes included.....until I found 5 HO T5's from Vivosun for $30 Cdn....A cheap brand I've had issues with some of their stuff but I took a chance because they are cheap and they work fine...good light and the plants are responding to them very well. I also had to replace my 2 tube 2ft t5 tubes for my clone/seedling box. I could only find Sunblaster t5 HO tubes at $20 each....

You won't get much flower from T5 lights though. If you don't upgrade to something made for flowering you'll be sadly disappointed after months of vegging then months of flowering to end up with fluff homegrown 70's weed.

wallrus246

wallrus246

As said above T5's are great for vegging. I use a 6 tube 4ft fixture with another single 4ft as side lighting in a home made 3ftx5ftx6ft closet Bathroom fans for intake and exhaust. After my initial purchase I needed replacement bulbs and I found them as expensive to buy 6 new tubes as a new fixture with tubes included.....until I found 5 HO T5's from Vivosun for $30 Cdn....A cheap brand I've had issues with some of their stuff but I took a chance because they are cheap and they work fine...good light and the plants are responding to them very well. I also had to replace my 2 tube 2ft t5 tubes for my clone/seedling box. I could only find Sunblaster t5 HO tubes at $20 each....

You won't get much flower from T5 lights though. If you don't upgrade to something made for flowering you'll be sadly disappointed after months of vegging then months of flowering to end up with fluff homegrown 70's weed.
if i where to have a even canopy and bought 4 replacement bulbs for my 8 bulb t5 would i get some good nugs but if it cost around 70 dollars i might as well get a led light and run it in a 2x2 or something

im on a budget and a kid with my parents support and some birthay money coming up

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
if i where to have a even canopy and bought 4 replacement bulbs for my 8 bulb t5 would i get some good nugs but if it cost around 70 dollars i might as well get a led light and run it in a 2x2 or something

im on a budget and a kid with my parents support and some birthay money coming up

You won't get quality flowers off T5 lights but you will get flowers. You can't stop them from turning when the light goes to 12/12. You can use cheap lights I'll see if I can find the link to BigCubes micro grow https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/home-made-micro-tent.106216/ He used dollar store lights and got a great harvest....

wallrus246

wallrus246

You won't get quality flowers off T5 lights but you will get flowers. You can't stop them from turning when the light goes to 12/12. You can use cheap lights I'll see if I can find the link to BigCubes micro grow https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/home-made-micro-tent.106216/ He used dollar store lights and got a great harvest....
when you say quality what does that mean ive only grown outdoor and its my second year and that bud compared to the bud we buy from plugs is trash in apperance but it gets me high but im looking for taste and high and not having to worry about fucking mold my humidity in ventura is to much for lots of the strains

wallrus246

wallrus246

and when I look at Dr bacon hes flowers look amazing and he ran them under t5 and i understand the light penetration is not comparable to led but im doing even an even canopy with heavy lolipoping

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
when you say quality what does that mean ive only grown outdoor and its my second year and that bud compared to the bud we buy from plugs is trash in apperance but it gets me high but im looking for taste and high and not having to worry about fucking mold my humidity in ventura is to much for lots of the strains
From my experience you'll get light wispy, airy buds that will not develop properly. I use hps to flower but electrical costs are high with my 1000w.

Humidity high in Ventura? lol We had 90f @ 100% last week and that's typical for us here in Nova Scotia in the summer months. My 30 pint dehumidifier running 24/7 keeps my basement grow room in the 60% range. If you want to grow properly you need the tools & equipment to help with your environments issues.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I find it funny you both think you have high humidity. I have it way worse than both of you and I am still thankful its not as bad as say somewhere like Miami.
100% is as high as it gets if you have it higher than that. you be underwater. We only get it up to 100% intermittently for 2 - 4 months of the year. I've been to places where its 95% & higher year round. I know the difference but the plants don't care where they are they just need the right environment to thrive. I can't flower outdoors here with Photo's without mold. By weeks 7 its too foggy, damp & cold.

FourPlants

FourPlants

100% is as high as it gets if you have it higher than that. you be underwater. We only get it up to 100% intermittently for 2 - 4 months of the year. I've been to places where its 95% & higher year round. I know the difference but the plants don't care where they are they just need the right environment to thrive. I can't flower outdoors here with Photo's without mold. By weeks 7 its too foggy, damp & cold.
I understand 100% relative humidity is as high as you can get. Your window of dealing with high humidity is fairly short which is what I found humorous. Granted it was more funny geared towards human comfort than plant needs. đź‘Ť

wallrus246

wallrus246

I find it funny you both think you have high humidity. I have it way worse than both of you and I am still thankful its not as bad as say somewhere like Miami.
one question do you have any outdoor grows going?

wallrus246

wallrus246

From my experience you'll get light wispy, airy buds that will not develop properly. I use hps to flower but electrical costs are high with my 1000w.

Humidity high in Ventura? lol We had 90f @ 100% last week and that's typical for us here in Nova Scotia in the summer months. My 30 pint dehumidifier running 24/7 keeps my basement grow room in the 60% range. If you want to grow properly you need the tools & equipment to help with your environments issues.
i understand but would you get airy buds with an even canopy and heavy lolli poping

Top Bottom