T5 help plz.

• Thread starter Rushoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rushoe

Rushoe

what up farmers I could really use some help I am getting ready for my new set up and decided to go with a T5 light for veg and was wondering wich one I should get I will be growing out 5 plants with it in 2 and half hempy buckets coco/perlite and plan to flower with a 600hps.This way I don't have to run the 600 18 hours a day I could just use the T5 24/7 also I am on a budget and trying to find A cheap one that will work for 5 plants 6 bulbs or 4 bulbs what you do you guys think????The plants are in A sunhut xl so 4' one......And if there are any farmers here that are using them have some pics plz post them up or a link I can't seem to find anyone on here using them....

A

andy107

This is the one i have and it works great for seedlings and vegging, i have 8 plants under it right now..its fairly cheap too.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

T5s rule for early veg, and can be used for a lot more, although there are better options for flowering. Bigger the better, I always say when it comes to lighting, lol. Think of how big you want your veggers to get before bloom, and pick a light that will adequately cover them. Remember that with florescent lighting, the plants need to be as close as possible to receive the intensity they like for growth. Peace

Rushoe

Rushoe

altitudefarmer what kinda of t5 are u using??And andy thanx bro that T5 is 8,000 lumen's I was looking at one from htg as well I think it was 20,000 lumen's right now I have a L.U.I breeding project going and I am using cfls from home depot and plants are about 18'' tall so I could imagine these t5s working way better...Thanks for the help fellas.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I picked up a 4' 8 light T5 the other day. Think its a T5designer from Hydrofarm. I am using this to keep my Mom's and for cuttings. If you want a T5 that packs a punch check out the Badboy.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Damn man I know that badboy would be nice but dam almost 300 bucks for some t5's maybe next run I was looking to spend about 150/200$ the most...

sky high

sky high

t-5's aren't cheap but IMO you can use no finer light to veg yer babies with. I'm amazed how tight the internodes can pack under one of these lights!

4 ft---8-light Tek-Light here. Also have some single strips....which could also be an option for you. They "daisy-chain" so you can link more than one light together or can make your own 1-2-3-4 light fixture/etc. Pretty sure they're about $30-35 each.... so a 4 lighter would be less than a pre-built model in a housing.

good luck

s h

Specialty lights 2124 13380355
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Home depot sells 2 bulb 4 ft t5 fixtures for around 30 bucks. Have to buy new buulbs for the right spectrum. Good option but have to wire them up yourself. Which involves 3 wires and some wire nuts lol.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Sorry for the delay; I have the daisy-chainable standalone units- 4'. I just mounted them to mylar-covered plywood on the top of my clone/seedling table. I'd go with Cemchris' suggestion on the 2-bulb 4 footers and the HomeDepot, in retrospect. My stupid lights ran me about $30 EACH.

B

bigd

Ebay, sunlight hydroponics. 2ft 8 bulb 16000 lumen, seems the auction keeps ending at 115.95 with 24.95 shipping. Thats the ones I use

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Sorry for the delay; I have the daisy-chainable standalone units- 4'. I just mounted them to mylar-covered plywood on the top of my clone/seedling table. I'd go with Cemchris' suggestion on the 2-bulb 4 footers and the HomeDepot, in retrospect. My stupid lights ran me about $30 EACH.

Mine too lol but they came with a cool reflector that bolted together. Only 1 bulb though. Think it was $89 bucks for the 2 2 bulb 4 ft fixtures, cords and bulbs. The rope ratchets for them were about as much as the lights :wondering

D

doja_king

I took the ballasts and fixtures out of the housing and attached them to an old wardrobe door, daisy chained 4 2-light 4ft lights. Great for early veg but they start to suffer ime if left for too long under the t5s, u can can just tell wen they need more light.
Granted many flower with t5s, each to they own.

Also id reccomend 2ft tubes, could u imagine how much hassle I have trying to move a big ol wardrobe door with lights attached to it. Hard to fit into cramped spaces.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Thanx everyone for the help I found one at my local store a BadBoy 4 bulb 4' it's what I wanted but when I wen't in there I forgot to ask how many lumen's it was and I can't seem to find any info on the BadBoy lumen wise for the 4 bulb I would be using the blue ones for veg so I am trying to see if that would do the trick for 5 plants in 2 gallon coco buckets what do the pros say???Again this is just for veg and they will be running 24/7 and I plan to flower with an air cooled 600 hps I am doing a Chemdog D vs Chemdog D (Og Organics) I think thats right I know I have to two Chemdog D cuts and they are both sick but I wanted to do a side by side to see for myself also I have never grown something like this so I am gonna have to wing it on the feeding.

R

Roshambo

T5s are nice, you can get them basically as close as you'd like to your plants because of the low heat and lower lumens than an HID light. May grow a little slower than an HID but saves energy and works very well.

sky high

sky high

Nice....

this page may answer your question if these are the lamps in your unit.

if you haven't potted these up yet try the smart pots with yer coco rather than plastic buckets. >Serioiusly<....it will be worth the $$$! I'm amazed here how well the smartpots work!

good luck on yer grow

s h

Rushoe

Rushoe

Thanx fellas there is so many different set ups to get gonna try to find the best deal I can and the most lumen's that a 4 bulb could give....Smart pots are cool bro I have used them before never with coco but the only thing is the soil/coco will shift when I water and sometimes the water comes out the side I love the Idea of the hempy buckets and after seeing my homie run them I had to do some myself and they work really well even did one outside.And the link u gave me say the bulbs give out only 88 lumen's???????Is this right or am I tripping?

sky high

sky high

88 lumens PER WATT. So 88 x 54 = 4752 lumens per lamp

trip on!

s h

G

Grnthumb08

T5 are perfect for veg in tents keeps the heat down. The sunblaze 48 is the sh!t. Good luck

Top Bottom