T5 lights for veg room

• Thread starter Fuzzydankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzydankster

Fuzzydankster

Ok so my last post i fucked it all up asking the wrong question originally. Meant to ask about t5s not t9s.

So are t5s worth using over cmhs? My grow store is trying to sell them on me. While another grow store is trying to sell me on cmhs.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What do you intend to use them for? T5s are great for seedlings and early vegging.

Fuzzydankster

Fuzzydankster

What do you intend to use them for? T5s are great for seedlings and early vegging.
The grow store is telling me they are good for full veg. I dont believe them so im asking people. My worry would be penetration but i cant find anythibg withib last 5 years on subject of t5s so i didnt know if they improved or not

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You could do full veg on them, but I have a 2' x 4', 8 tube fixture and it covers a grow area of… (drum role, please) 2' x 4'. For me, that's not enough room.

The second half of my veg period happens under a MH in my 5'x5' tent. When I flip to flower, I use an HPS in the same tent. I am in the process of going to LEDs.

I know ceramic MH cover more area. I don't know the economics of it. How much area does a CMH cover for what price?

Fuzzydankster

Fuzzydankster

You could do full veg on them, but I have a 2' x 4', 8 tube fixture and it covers a grow area of… (drum role, please) 2' x 4'. For me, that's not enough room.

The second half of my veg period happens under a MH in my 5'x5' tent. When I flip to flower, I use an HPS in the same tent. I am in the process of going to LEDs.

I know ceramic MH cover more area. I don't know the economics of it. How much area does a CMH cover for what price?

I have a 20×20 area im setting up for this. I feel like it is not worth the money to use t5s over cmhs. But my bill for all the cmhs is 5k. So ughhhh lol t5s would only be about 2500 for all of them.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

T5 are great for the first couple weeks of veg and to start clones rooting. You can put those bulbs pretty close to the canopy, so no strech for the first couple weeks. After the plant get 10-12 inches tall however the T5 becomes pretty ineffective and the lower parts of the plants dont get much light. Before you pay to much at the hydro shop, you might want to look on amazon, they have a 8 bulb 4 foot T5 for $122.99 right now for prime members. Good price solid light.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019IMM7VK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hookcash87

Hookcash87

I've got 3 4x2, 8 bulb fixtures in my 4x6 veg room. They do very well for my clones. I also had to put two hanging from the ceiling and 1 on the wall close to the floor to get as much light as I can.

bighempn

bighempn

Ok so my last post i fucked it all up asking the wrong question originally. Meant to ask about t5s not t9s.

So are t5s worth using over cmhs? My grow store is trying to sell them on me. While another grow store is trying to sell me on cmhs.

ive used T5s for veg to great effect. I use the 4 bulb fixtures with the power veg bulbs and it kicks ass. Are there better options? Perhaps, but the aforementioned setup works really well for starting them off.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I agree with bighempn!
But If you get the 4 bulb fixture and replace the 54wtubes with 24wledtubes you get best of both world....just 100 watts and great penetration plus bigger footprint!

Top Bottom