TablesBeds - Best way to drain?

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCrocker

BCrocker

I am looking for an effcient way to drain tables. 4x8 tables/beds. I previously had just drilled 3 holes in the tables and used thru-hulls to seal it up. The beds are wood covered in 6 mil poly.

I was thinking about drilling many 1" holes on the bottom of the beds, then maybe putting a layer of crushed rock. There are 25 , 4x8 beds, so it is too much rock to bring in.

Also, If I drill many holes, the water might be getting stuck between the wood and the poly...

Any thoughts?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Try Trichome Fan's trick of using corrugated plastic/fiberglass to both direct water flow and ensure the pots don't stand in the water.

I would also suggest using gravity to your best advantage. Slightly angle the beds so they drain off to one end. Use a bulkhead fitting to ensure water doesn't get between the plastic and the wood.

J

JAHGYDI

i got one hole on my 4x4 bed. i only see it drain during a final flush.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
it may be too late for this, but i run 4x8 beds i do not drain. i run the 'soma' style beds.

i have a 2in layer of hydroton at bottom, w/ pvc in each corner submerged halfway into the rocks. it provides a nice air layer at the bottom.

i water heavy every 3-4 days. been runnin the same beds w/ same dirt for about a year+. love the beds.

T

tat2edangel

Try Trichome Fan's trick of using corrugated plastic/fiberglass to both direct water flow and ensure the pots don't stand in the water.

I would also suggest using gravity to your best advantage. Slightly angle the beds so they drain off to one end. Use a bulkhead fitting to ensure water doesn't get between the plastic and the wood.

I saw this table set-up in a post I read here and it is the sweetest table I could use. With 10 gallon "Smart Pots" they rock but do tend to dry out fast and run off is a-lot more. So I will also water heavy and let the run off drain into the rain gutter.

This is perfect for ME AND THANK FOR THE IDEA!!!

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Yea those tables do kick ass sm :anim_30: real simple
I wrap my wood under the plastic with 6ml thick painters plastic too
and slap some wheels on the bottom

I hate building em tho, all 8 lol

qupee

qupee

Can anyone post a link to Trichome Fan's thread? Not to be lazy but I don't have time to search atm (at work) and would love to see it.

BCrocker

BCrocker

it may be too late for this, but i run 4x8 beds i do not drain. i run the 'soma' style beds.

i have a 2in layer of hydroton at bottom, w/ pvc in each corner submerged halfway into the rocks. it provides a nice air layer at the bottom.

i water heavy every 3-4 days. been runnin the same beds w/ same dirt for about a year+. love the beds.

Thanks for the reply. Does the pvc go through the bottom of the bed? Allowing air from underneath to the layer of hydroton?

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Can anyone post a link to Trichome Fan's thread? Not to be lazy but I don't have time to search atm (at work) and would love to see it.

Look at his profile...

Theres a "find all threads started by" option

qupee

qupee

Look at his profile...

Theres a "find all threads started by" option

That dude built an awesome room.

Is this the one?

135896d1300180467-coco-redemption-free-last-img_2189.jpg.att

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Hell yeah one of the nicest rooms Ive seen
That Mpd Build was CRAZY PERFECT lol

Dudes got some skills for sure

B

biggs

check out how growmaster does his. if i where you i'd read all his grows to pick up some tips. dude kills it.

Top Bottom