Taco’ing leaves last week or 2 of flower...

• Thread starter luxeluxe99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

Coco/perlite, 2x2 tent, solo plant, 70F, 45-55 RH, 800ppm, 5.8-6.1 PH. C99 plant. Canna AB 8ml, Calmag 4ml

I checked for mites with my loupe and couldn’t find any signs. I don’t think it’s heat stress. My lights were a little close,qb dimmed to 200w was at 20” as of yesterday upped them to 24” last night.

So all was well and good until about a week ago then foxtailing and taco’ing. Foxtailing n it might be normal for a late Sativa dom so I hear but I concerned about this foxtailing. Also, unless I’m imagining things, the leaves are feeling sort of crispy and dry. Help! Thanks.

Tacoing leaves last week or 2 of flower
Tacoing leaves last week or 2 of flower 2
Last edited:
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
In my experience I've seen this it's usually due to heat/light related stress. Had a buddy with a greenhouse get taco leaves really bad because it was just too hot. Do you have any fans blowing on the plant? Ambient temp of 70f isn't bad but that doesn't mean the leaf surface temps are that low.

luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

I
In my experience I've seen this it's usually due to heat/light related stress. Had a buddy with a greenhouse get taco leaves really bad because it was just too hot. Do you have any fans blowing on the plant? Ambient temp of 70f isn't bad but that doesn't mean the leaf surface temps are that low.

thanks. K, hopefully it was lights and she’ll like it at the 24”.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Taco or canoe leaves are usually associated with high temps, but they usully have to be pretty hot and should only be at the leaves cloest to the light or heat source. What are you feeding them? Some nutrient overfeedings can cause similar issues but without a pic of the entire plant to see how far the tacos have spread, it is hard to make a solid diagnosis. From my exprience, nearly 90% of problems are nutrient related, although a few can be heat related. Seeing that everything was fine until the plant is almost finishedmakes me think of additives used in the last few weeks. Some "finishing" bloom boosters can throw off the nutrient balance, causing problems for some.
Foxtailing isn't unusual for ome Sativa strains, so I wouldn't worry too much. It is usually a sign that things are getting close to the end, at least in my experience. Sometimes you will gt a little nub or funky single leaves growing at the tips of the buds... this is my main clue tht things are ready. It also isn't unusual to lose a lot of larger leaves die off at the end, but they don't usually taco. I would look into the nuts end of things. In any event, they look pretty good!

Last edited:
luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

Taco or canoe leaves are usually associated with high temps, but they usully have to be pretty hot and should only be at the leaves cloest to the light or heat source. What are you feeding them? Some nutrient overfeedings can cause similar issues but without a pic of the entire plant to see how far the tacos have spread, it is hard to make a solid diagnosis. From my exprience, nearly 90% of problems are nutrient related, although a few can be heat related. Seeing that everything was fine until the plant is almost finishedmakes me think of additives used in the last few weeks. Some "finishing" bloom boosters can throw off the nutrient balance, causing problems for some.
Foxtailing isn't unusual for ome Sativa strains, so I wouldn't worry too much. It is usually a sign that things are getting close to the end, at least in my experience. Sometimes you will gt a little nub or funky single leaves growing at the tips of the buds... this is my main clue tht things are ready. It also isn't unusual to lose a lot of larger leaves die off at the end, but they don't usually taco. I would look into the nuts end of things. In any event, they look pretty good!

attached a video, it seems to be everywhere. I’m feeding her 7-8ml/gallon of Canna AB and 4ml/gal of calmag. Nothing else. She’s been fed like this for a while, Lately I’ve been using a little less bc I keep thinking she’s almost done.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Your humidity is probally to low. But that’s ok at least there will be much less chance of mold.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Humidity is at 50, a little over what it should be.
Is it just this strain? My last batch the donkey butters all did this late but the buds were still gourgous. Yours seem to be getting a bit wrinkly as well though. Not much can be done at this point though. And the buds look good.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Ya i see alot of red hairs so I agree with trustfall a little late to worry about it, and the bud looks good so I'd just start looking forward to a good harvest at this point.

luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

Thanks all, that’s what I’ll do then, leave her be, she’s well enough for now and I’ll look forward to my chop. Thanks!

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Environment is wrong. Light is too strong and or too much heat on themm.

Also the lower part of plant is cold.

Overlap a few leaves to see if she's "sweating".

If she sweats, nute problem
If not, temps thru out plant are off; cold on bottom,hot on top

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I'm with Joe on at least part of it
Environment is wrong. Light is too strong

The temp and humidity you mention seem ok - however the leaves are essentially attempting to moderate light exposure. There could be a problem with the roots - as this can happen when transpiration over-runs the root system capability. Taco is a protective mechanism.

Latest posts

Top Bottom