Taco-ing

• Thread starter Kpezzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kpezzy

what does it mean when they Taco downward? I heard Mag but I'm not sure, So the length of the leaf longways folding downward and under...any clues?

C

cacamal

what does it mean when they Taco downward? I heard Mag but I'm not sure, So the length of the leaf longways folding downward and under...any clues?

hard to tell without pics but probably lock out what line are you using?

D

Donk Frog

Are you using any dark sugers or molassas? If so ....I find sometimes when I over do it with added sugers(carbs)...I get the downward taco curl...but thats about the onle time I get that.......

S

supasticky

How close is your light and what wattage is it?

-Supa

K

Kpezzy

Are you using any dark sugers or molassas? If so ....I find sometimes when I over do it with added sugers(carbs)...I get the downward taco curl...but thats about the onle time I get that.......

yeah diamond and flora nectar, hmm that might be it right there

N

nor cali farmer

had same problem used cal/ mag went away in 3 days

S

supasticky

Why is it everybody thinks cal-mag is cure all...if ur dialed in u should not need extra cal-mag all the time:hi::bong-hits:

lol that's true. A lot of people do have cal/mag problems though. Many people don't even know about cal/mag at all,but do know use R/O water, ya know? I don't think this is a cal/mag problem though. Downward curling is like nute lockout or heat stress. Calmag is more of a discoloration thing...

-Supa

C

CAPO

I've noticed, that if I have a couple of plants that are not as big of eaters in the some room with some real pigs, on the same nutes; the less hungry will tip curl downward.
Never had the full on cupped and curled.

D

Dubwobble

Are the leaf lips curled downward too... kinda "claw-like"?

If so then it is prob. a nutrient lock-out.

Check the runoff waters pH if possible. Make sure it is in the right range. I find that when the plants get locked out the runoff pH is too low of too high (belox 5.0 or above 7.0)

Do a good rinse of correctly pH'ed water, and possibly use come product like Clearex.

It should get better after a week or so, and new growth should be fine.

S

Skunkenstein

Any time Leafs ''Taco'' it's a respiration problem..Usually associated with soil medium being water logged or Humidity being 'too high'..Make sure you have adequate air flow and give your plants medium time to dry out between waterings.

T

ToastyRoadie

I think this happened to mine when I left the bubbler unplugged on my DWC system on accident:surprised. Not entirely positive but darn near, lol.;)

X

Xceptional

never heard of the term "Taco-ing" but i already want to add it to the vocab. i knew exactly what ya meant and I've seen it before but i dont know what the cause it.

T

Twomp

Are the leaf lips curled downward too... kinda "claw-like"?

If so then it is prob. a nutrient lock-out.

Check the runoff waters pH if possible. Make sure it is in the right range. I find that when the plants get locked out the runoff pH is too low of too high (belox 5.0 or above 7.0)

Do a good rinse of correctly pH'ed water, and possibly use come product like Clearex.

It should get better after a week or so, and new growth should be fine.

I'm going to try this tommorrow Mine giant WW has claw like leaves and they are getting like dry cripy spots on them I was just saying that to myself this morning they look like claws

V

vill

I've had both and the Leaf clawing (leaf tips clawing towards the floor) is a sign of nute lockout which is most likely caused by over ferting. The taco (boating) where edges raise up is caused by heat in the room or combo of both the soil being too wet and heat.

G

Gro

i'm with sticky,this sounds like lockout.of course check ph,ppm,and ratios....but don't forget environmental parameters and fluctuations.a common cause of the taco phenomenon.

T

Thallamus

Any time Leafs ''Taco'' it's a respiration problem..Usually associated with soil medium being water logged or Humidity being 'too high'..Make sure you have adequate air flow and give your plants medium time to dry out between waterings.

I'm running into the same issue as OP. I already clearexed the 20gal rez for 1 hr, 4 days ago. I still have claw. I know it's not N overload cause, I barely use it now. I'm leaning to what Skunkenstein says....at least for my set-up (5x5 aero/nft). My prob is if I set the fan to come on @ 60humidity and 85F, then I'll loose the C02. I have air circulating ...but I guess it's not circ enough. That and I flood every 20min for 1.5min. I'll try longer interval and see what happens.
-T

Top Bottom