Taco leaves & leaves lightening in super soil

• Thread starter mortyb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mortyb

mortyb

Hi,

I've been keeping this mother in veg for about 3 months now. She's in a 5-gallon fabric pot filled with 1/3 super soil (subcools recipe) & 2/3 FFOF + FFLW. She's been fairly healthy until 2 weeks ago where she started to show signs of a nitrogen deficiency (oldest leaves started to yellow). I figured she finished all the nutes in her super soil, so I top-dressed with a 1-inch layer of super soil & now it seems like she's worse.

I'm seeing even more yellowing now & her leaves are very skinny & tacoing heavy.

Now

Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 8

Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 9

Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 7

Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 10

1 week ago (before top dressing)

Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 3

2 weeks ago (barely any yellowing)

Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 4

Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil
Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 2
Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 5
Taco leaves  leaves lightening in super soil 6
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi,

I've been keeping this mother in veg for about 3 months now. She's in a 5-gallon fabric pot filled with 1/3 super soil (subcools recipe) & 2/3 FFOF + FFLW. She's been fairly healthy until 2 weeks ago where she started to show signs of a nitrogen deficiency (oldest leaves started to yellow). I figured she finished all the nutes in her super soil, so I top-dressed with a 1-inch layer of super soil & now it seems like she's worse.

I'm seeing even more yellowing now & her leaves are very skinny & tacoing heavy.

Now

View attachment 966111
View attachment 966115
View attachment 966096
View attachment 966122

View attachment 966092

View attachment 966093
Whats ur temps like. Looks like heat stress and possibly humidity issue

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter

+1 on the heat/light stress... i had a bit of this when I upgraded my lights. Had to back them off a bit for a week or so.

mortyb

mortyb

My temps range from 85-90 degrees. I can't get it down more than that in our weather & running these HPS lights. I'm switching to LED real soon, which should help out though!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My temps range from 85-90 degrees. I can't get it down more than that in our weather & running these HPS lights. I'm switching to LED real soon, which should help out though!
Well the good news is you know the issue and have a plan to fix it đź‘Ť

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You can make some small changes to help. increase the air movement, forced evaporation will help cool the leaves. You will want humidity over 50% as it will help prevent wind burn. An oscillating fan would be best and the key is to get the air movement to the underside of the leaves. They will drink slightly more if it's done properly and you may have to reduce the strength of your nutrients to compensate.

B

Burned Haze

Hi,

Now

View attachment 966111
View attachment 966115
View attachment 966096
View attachment 966122

View attachment 966092

View attachment 966093

Aqua is right about the heat and needing more humidity

as a side note: I would follow vpd and get your airflow and humidity based on your temps or your plants won’t ever be happy , read the article and follow the chart on the article . You will be amazed how much that changes the game and the plant can fight even 90-100f weather ( if it has the proper vpd and airflow )

thcoso

thcoso

Aqua is right about the heat and needing more humidity

as a side note: I would follow vpd and get your airflow and humidity based on your temps or your plants won’t ever be happy , read the article and follow the chart on the article . You will be amazed how much that changes the game and the plant can fight even 90-100f weather ( if it has the proper vpd and airflow )

Air flow is great and the T6 keeps the humidity under 65% with the almost 100% of its air coming from the house heat pump. Actually, my temps with lights off tends to be in the upper 50’s—and THATS dur to the T6 pumping out the humidity (and the temperature) at a faster rate than the house air can replace it to keep temp above 70. It’s just too cold here this time a year to keep the heated.
However once I looked more carefully, it’s only 3 plants and they are all the same strain (blue caddy) and the 5 gorilla glue are showing no signs of stress. And, I have some N toxicity as well. Until now both the strains were happy with everything. I guess for this point on, I have to account for the 2 strains differently. Luckily I have more lights and another tent if needed.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

That’s some crazy temp swings. I would try to eliminate the hot air coming in and make sure all of the hot air is coming out.

Top Bottom