Tacoing Leaves In My Cge (sour Diesel)

• Thread starter Maniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maniac

Maniac

Once i get back to my garden i can put in the exact information that was documented but this is a start.

This is a first grow for me. I'm growing 9 sour diesel clones in a 10' x 10' x 8'h CGE.

ENVIRONMENT

- 4 Galaxy Grow Ballasts (Adjustable 400w-1000w)
- 4 Solis Tek 10k Superblue MH right now at 400w 18/6 Light Schedule
- 1 gallon Superoots Airpots with 1" of Aggregate under coco/perlite mix
- 2 oscillating fans
- 1.5 Ton split unit AC
- CO2 tank with Regulator and Atlas 1 Monitor/Controller
- 950 CFM Carbon Filter with 940 CFM Fan attached
- 70 pint Dehumidifier
- R/O System

NUTRIENTS
- House and Garden Coco A&B
- Cal-Mag

I transplanted the 9 Sour Diesel Clones exactly 3 weeks ago. I prewatered the coco with R/O water added H&G Coco A&B with Cal-Mag ph 5.8 ~ 200ppm
Originally had all 4 lights on at 400w about 4' above plants RH at approx 55% and temp 78-83 and CO2 at 950ppm
Feed (hand water) every 3 days gradually increasing the nutrients to approx 10ml/g of A & B and Cal-Mag. 500ppm
By week 2 the bottom leaves began yellowing and dying and the top leaves began to curl upwards tacoing.
RH kept going up to 70-80%.

My first thought was 1) Heat stress 2) RH too high 3) Mg deficiency (nutrient Lockout) 4) N toxicity 5)pH problem

I turned 2 lights off, brought in the dehumidifier, flushed coco with ph 5.8 water with 5mg/gall of CalMag 3 days ago with no change other than some of the lower leaves are now drooping downwards a bit

3 plants are still growing vertically with many nodes, 3 plants have 3-4 leaves and no growth and 3 plants have a few nodes but no vertical growth.

Roots on the plants are minimal but white and healthy looking

Currently im showing 45-55% RH, 75-82 degrees with only 2 400w MH lights on

How long will it take for the tacoing to reduce or to recognize the issue?
Should i continue to flush? if so how long?
Should i add more micro nutes?

Last edited:
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

An N toxicity will make your leaves turn dark green/almost blue. Yellowing lower leaves makes me think not enough N. Taco leaves make me think Calmag deficiency. Sounds like not enough of either in them. How tall are they? If you have too much nutes your tips of leaves will brown.
Pictures might tell me a different story if you can show me.

Maniac

Maniac

An N toxicity will make your leaves turn dark green/almost blue. Yellowing lower leaves makes me think not enough N. Taco leaves make me think Calmag deficiency. Sounds like not enough of either in them. How tall are they? If you have too much nutes your tips of leaves will brown.
Pictures might tell me a different story if you can show me.

They are between 6" - 9" approximately

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Looks like when I had a mad cal mag deficiency. Are you letting the soil dry out all the way? Are your petioles (leaf stems) purple?

Maniac

Maniac

No dark leaves or purple hue. The coco is not bone dry but pretty dry. Should i stop flushing? Gradually work up the nutrients (ml/gal recommendation) or start at a higher level of nutes?

Maniac

Maniac

Since i flushed last Sunday and lock out is probably not the issue rather than just underfeeding with a N and Mag deficiency i fed the plants last night. 6ml/g of H&G Coco A&B and 3ml/g of CalMag with an EC of 1.3 and pH of 5.8. Hopefully after a week of that they will be back on track.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
scope for broad/russet mites.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Where did you get your clones? That degree of leaf curl on that size plants makes me think you have russet mites, is there any yellow or golden powder on your leaf petioles/stems?

Maniac

Maniac

No signs of russet mites, I received my clones from a reputable clinic in my vicinity. I have already searched extensively for pests and there are none, although i'll check again when i'm at my grow. This seems like it's a nutrient issue. It is so drastic because i have let it go for approximately a week pinning it down. Hopefully with the RH dialed in (45-55%), two oscillating fans circulating the air, flushing the medium and feeding at an appropriate rate will dial it in. Most of the plants had yellowing leaves at the bottom working their way up with the sides curling up. Seems like standard N and Mag deficiency especially since i am growing Sour D in Coco. I'm open to other suggestions as i keep an eye on their progress.

Top Bottom