Taho OG Kush autoflower

• Thread starter jayt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jayt

I have some Tahoe OG Kush beans from Cali Connections that I bought last November. Out of five planted one didn't germ, one autoflowered and three are still going with no signs of sex yet. Can anyone share any experiences on what to expect from the remaining three? If one turns out to be female will it be stable? Or will it autoflower eventually? I know there is a lot of talk about this problem from Cali Connections but no one ever seems to post what happened other than they autoflowered and why. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

hop over to the cali connect forums and throw up a couple posts, email swerve, whatever else they say to do on the site
if your lucky they will send you new seeds
from what ive seen they all wont autoflower at the same time, but all might eventually, its really just luck
i wouldnt run the risk, but i def wouldnt cut down anything flowering either

J

jayt

I sent Swerve an email and haven't heard back yet. I didn't see a link on his site for forums. Do you know the address for Cali forums?

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Mine are solid bro.. I just harvested 8 females out of 10. No auto issues w mine and they are solid flame man.. One of the best OG's that I've had yet. Check this link..

J

jayt

I found his forums I guess I just needed to look closer.

I only worry about them because one has autoflowered already. It was so small that I killed it. All I'm hoping for is one good mother to clone from the rest I'm gonna kill anyway. My main worry is if they could auto say in six months when it could ruin my grow.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
jayt, Well, please explain how auto flowering can ruin a crop? Hermi can ruin a crop..but auto flowering can just flower early? There is a very big difference. Yes? Hope that helps you out. monkey5

I

ibTheMan

jayt, Well, please explain how auto flowering can ruin a crop? Hermi can ruin a crop..but auto flowering can just flower early? There is a very big difference. Yes? Hope that helps you out. monkey5

well you cant clone an auto female, so if you got ah good one, its one and done, plus autos are often herm also, plus super low yield.

M

mrdizzle

kinda condescending for such a foolish unhelpful post

where did you get those beens? I got mine from harborside and am hoping to not run into the same problems

Illmind

Illmind

as far as i know from nov to feb of last year was the tainted batch. swerve blamed it on a person in house but then oddly enough decided to reselect and rework the father in his crosses to f5 and f6. this is what he told me as well as he will release f7 as just sfv or sfv ibl but this was awhile ago so dunno good luck with em guys.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree.. My bad op, I should of read your post better..November...yikes.. I would say that could be a suspect batch my friend but still run then out. I lost my orig tahoes, cvk, sour og, and sfv to the auto bs. In my case, they could only be cloned once and then after the second go round, they were lost for good, too far along. Couldn't do anything with vegging out moms..

J

jayt

I'm gonna run out any that don't auto flower on me and see what happens. So far only one auto flowered and it happened around the forth inter-node of the plant. I hoping the rest won't as they were started at the same time and so far show no signs. But I don't know if they will remain stable or not. I was hoping someone else has already been through this. I also don't know if the others are male and that's why they aren't auto flowering yet. Maybe the males take longer? I have clones of them starting now so I will find the sex in the next couple weeks.

I bought mine from Herbie's Head Shop last November. I've always had really good luck buying from them. This problem obviously is not their fault.

B

bobman

I don't know if this will help but I just went through an auto flowering problem with my aks and it was bad. the only thing that worked was to keep a potential mother in a hempy bucket or some type of hydro. i think soil is to tough for the roots to fight through and out grow the auto-flowering. In my experience the less resistance and room you give the roots the easier to out grow the auto-flowering.

J

jayt

I don't know if this will help but I just went through an auto flowering problem with my aks and it was bad. the only thing that worked was to keep a potential mother in a hempy bucket or some type of hydro. i think soil is to tough for the roots to fight through and out grow the auto-flowering. In my experience the less resistance and room you give the roots the easier to out grow the auto-flowering.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize that a plant could auto from being root bound.

I posted on the Cali forum and swerve replied that the batch of seeds I got should not have been affected from the known auto problem. However obviously they did have some problem. His feeling seems to be that the remaining plants should be good to go with no auto flowering as they have passed the size and age at which it would start. So I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Hopefully it was just a weak seed out of the bunch.

B

bobman

Yea, don't let them get root bound for sure. I found if some got slightly root bound in soil even if I transplanted them into bigger containers the soil was too heavy and it took them longer to overcome it and most still could not. but in hempy the roots stretch out quickly and it out grows it quickly. I actually took clones from an auto flowering female and the clones were very sluggish in 1 gallon soil pots for about a month. so I took one plant out of the soil and knocked as much dirt as i could off and actually sprayed the root ball with a hose to remove as much dirt as possible and placed it into a hempy bucket and within a week it exploded out of it. The clones in soil never recovered. it was pretty remarkable. I got pictures somewhere. good luck.

B

Bigb89

Good Luck Jayt hope you find a keepr pheno in there that wont auto. That scares me a bit hearing that Swerve said the seeds you have shouldnt have the problem but obviously do so that trait is still in some phenos sounds like, I hope he is right about your seeds but would keep a close eye on them because they shouldnt have had problem AT ALL if it was fixed like he stated before but now hes saying well the rest should be fine . I have couple replacement tahoes running now that are to early to tell but hope yours was rare occurance and its not happening all over again

Aligee

Aligee

... it's amazes me that Swerve is still making seeds amazing...

B

Bigb89

Im starting to feel that was as well Aligee. Ive had good results with some of their gear so cant complain completly there but his business practises and excuses are really hurting the company after he originally claimed to be against the exact things hes doing. Still amazes me how he changed story of autoflower problem from someone growing for him throwing an autoflower strain in growroom to screw him over for whatever reason and having it pollenate all his strains than changed to the trait coming from the original male he crossed the SFV clone to which makes more sense to me but why tell the first story. IDK sorry for rant mods just bugged me how it changed without many noticing.

Illmind

Illmind

i never believed his auto story and told him straight up it's a trait that popped up in his male. kryptonite was thorough and tested and imo the best he released, then he went off on his own and quantity went up and u know the rest. had a few good fems from everything ran but none were as advertised (see his strain descriptions on page). but i personally was looking for a few good males but once i heard of auto trait i quit that journey. autos weren't a prob until first run from clone for me anyway.

B

Bigb89

Same here Illmind. I meant to mention that to Jayt since Swerve claimed his were past point they would autoflower at. My first run of ROG it came out fine no autoflower problem but the clones I took off it started to auto at about 3 nodes so pretty sure it can come up at anytime still. I know Tex had good results with replacements so still hoping its freak occurance but only time will tell.

J

jayt

Ok so then time and size are no guarantee that they will not auto on me? What you guys are saying is really what I wanted to find out. In the end it's not the end of the world if the seeds are garbage but I didn't want to clone and commit a whole crop to them to find the auto flowering on me. I have the first couple clones rooting now and will plant them by the end of the weekend. I am just wondering if I should just ditch them all together.

Top Bottom