Tahoe Alien

• Thread starter BirdDog1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Hey folks! I just noticed all of your well wishes above and appreciate it very much. Hey Alien, nice work on this strain amigo....I don't know how I fucked it up the first time around but damn.....I missed the mark. Glad I got her right this time. She has a unique smell, mostly what purple would smell like if it had a smell. Basicly, cherry cough drops, some sweet black licorice, and kush. Def a smell unique to this amazing plant, just incredible. When I trim batches like this I smell each nug and wonder when someone will find a way to isolate these smells and put it into cologne or perfume. I would buy Tahoe Alien perfume for my chick for sure.

Here are some shots I took this morning while trimming Tahoe Alien:

DSC00798

DSC00799

DSC00805

DSC00801

DSC00806

That soft pink/purple looks amazing in the sunlight!

Later

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Ahight muh-fuckas, my last post for this thread. One last observation.....the Alien genetics seem to run stronger at the clone stage. They keep looking better and better every time I cut em'. Not sure how to explain it, they keep getting healthier every time......maybe plants are sensing their longevity as keepers get cloned hundreds or thousands of times. Or, perhaps they are form another plantet?

A shot of 4th generation, the spotting on the leaves is oil:

DSC00807

DSC00808

Straight thick and lush, kinda like Big Cheese ;) . I'm nobody special, but I love my girls and know quality when I see it. Alien Genitics is the real deal all the way around. Good fucking job brother, your seeds are the best I have ever seen. Your work is the standard in my mind, and all breeding attempts on this end will try to live up to yours. Thank you. And for the future haters...no, I'm not on Aliens payroll or trying to suck his dick. Don't know the dude...or chick. His/her shit is just better than yours.

Thanks to everybody who helped along the way, I really enjoyed this journal and getting to know you all.

BirdDog

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Good to know on the clones birddog, Mine seem vigorous as hell and wanting to root. Killer journal and grow man. Im really loving my tahoe aliens for sure and still have 1/2 a pack left. my ta1 is a pure winner with tahoe funk!!
MW

jlr42024

jlr42024

BD we really nead to get the word out about how much stronger the genetics are the second our third time they are ran! My clones are a whole different plant compared to the seed stock or even the first cuttings. If I start a thread would you back me on this info and or vise versa your more respected then I and I'd back your findings no problem. I think there's allot of gems being tossed due to lack of this knowledge.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

BD we really nead to get the word out about how much stronger the genetics are the second our third time they are ran! My clones are a whole different plant compared to the seed stock or even the first cuttings. If I start a thread would you back me on this info and or vise versa your more respected then I and I'd back your findings no problem. I think there's allot of gems being tossed due to lack of this knowledge.

Jlr: I def want to reply to this because I have been racking my brain figuring this out. Though it seemed to me that the clones ran stronger than the seeds, the environment in which the session was grown in has to be taken into consideration first. For me, they were grown in the same room, back to back. BUT....when the ambient temperature is below 70 I open my doors and let fresh air in. My room is cealed 100% with Co2, but my electric bill is out of control so I save when I can. I believed that opening the doors and letting fresh air in would compromise the static environment I created but the buds say otherwise.

What ever environment allows the plant to grow the HEALTHIEST wins! Then, genetics reveal potential.

I def got caught up in creating an ideal environment for my girls. I hand build my room from the ground up. My temps, humidity, and Co2 are always spot on. BUT, in that pursuit realized that trying to reproduce an ideal environment with correct temps, humidity, and Co2 that actually mimic an ideal natural grow environment is going to be a MISSION. It's clear to me at this point that the only way mother nature will produce buds that we deem "best" is without harsh rain, hail and cloud cover. We simply cannot produce the light spectrum that the sun can at this point. We also are having a hard time creating free flowing air comparable to an open environment.

Even in a sealed room, if the A/c and humidifier are constantly off and on, then this is an inconsistent environment and not ideal for top notch dank. The plants obviously sense the minute changes

In my case, the second and third round with fresh air provided a more consistent environment and produced better product. I need to create a "room within a room" environment if I want to produce results better than fresh air exhaust with temps consistent at 75 degrees.

Until I build this room, I can't definitely say that genetics get better after taking clones. Brother, I will be hard at work trying to figure it out and i'll get back at you with my results
amigo!

jlr42024

jlr42024

Great answer your exactly right more research into this should take place to determine this to be fact but that being said I've heard some farmers tossing genetics without running cuttings at least 1 time before concluding the plant not to be a keeper and so I thought maybe just mentioning the possibility of finding a keeper cutting from what seemed to be a non keeper mother. Please do keep me posted on what kind of facts we can say you've found on the subject because I hate seeing genetics being tossed that could hold insane phenos and characteristics just because they haven't showed there traits yet. Keep up the good work BD

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Great answer your exactly right more research into this should take place to determine this to be fact but that being said I've heard some farmers tossing genetics without running cuttings at least 1 time before concluding the plant not to be a keeper and so I thought maybe just mentioning the possibility of finding a keeper cutting from what seemed to be a non keeper mother. Please do keep me posted on what kind of facts we can say you've found on the subject because I hate seeing genetics being tossed that could hold insane phenos and characteristics just because they haven't showed there traits yet. Keep up the good work BD

I def see that happening a lot. I def got your back on that. If the Tahoe Alien wasn't so highly documented I would have tossed it the first time around, and what a shame that would have been. She's my new #1 girl.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Agreed on the room inside the room idea sounds like a excellent idea .... as I have constant air flow and plants seem to respond well to it. Summer I open the door also allowing even more air flow and new crib thursday will have a totally sealed room (will need to fill co2 tAnks ) keep us posted on your findings as i myself am very interested also...... hope your feeling better,, Rap soon my brotha ......Respect SoSer

Latest posts

Top Bottom