Tail end of flower/flush meter pHollies

• Thread starter airedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
airedog

airedog

Supporter
I'm going into my last day of flush and have been using just RO water for the last 3 ON/OFF cycles. Had a couple of power outages yesterday and went downstairs this morning to find my Bluelab Guardian solution strength bouncing all over the place. Moved the sensors to a quieter section of my epicenter, plugged into a dedicated duplex box that had no other load on the cct and still it bounced around. Took water from the epi and another jug from the RO res only to find that the epi water wouldn't stabilize while the RO did. Put sensors back in system and they bounced around again; changed-out RO water and it's stable again. Here's a vid of the bounce; you can tell when i switch containers and it's roughly every 10 seconds.

Still not sure what caused system solution to bounce around like that as the last few changeouts started at 0 ppm and then after an ON cycle went down to a stable 40 ppm after the first changeout.

workngrow

workngrow

I'm going into my last day of flush and have been using just RO water for the last 3 ON/OFF cycles. Had a couple of power outages yesterday and went downstairs this morning to find my Bluelab Guardian solution strength bouncing all over the place. Moved the sensors to a quieter section of my epicenter, plugged into a dedicated duplex box that had no other load on the cct and still it bounced around. Took water from the epi and another jug from the RO res only to find that the epi water wouldn't stabilize while the RO did. Put sensors back in system and they bounced around again; changed-out RO water and it's stable again. Here's a vid of the bounce; you can tell when i switch containers and it's roughly every 10 seconds.

Still not sure what caused system solution to bounce around like that as the last few changeouts started at 0 ppm and then after an ON cycle went down to a stable 40 ppm after the first changeout.

View attachment 1134746
Responded to other thread by mistake.

Do you have tds and ph hand reader to corroborate the figures on screen are correct? Seems like an electronic issue with the monitor almost more than an issue with the water content.

Power outages maybe throw it out of wack but with a manual reader quick to identify if it's right or not.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
That's what i thought at first until it stabilzed in tap water, bounced again in system water and then stabilized in system after a full changeout. This is the 4th full changeout of RO water in as many days and they get chopped tomorrow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If that happens again take water out and put it in a container then test. It most likely was due to water movement imo.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
No it was stable all day yesterday after changeout, wasn't bouncing until this morning and then stabilized again after changeout. New Hydrologic Stealth RO this grow and the filters are still good and working well
If that happens again take water out and put it in a ck trainer then test. It most likely was due to water movement imo.
That;s why i put water from system and tap in separate 1L jugs and tested; the vid is test for about 10 seconds, stop, new container 10 seconds, stop, repeat until final is system after changeout. Damndest thing. With the full changeouts there are now next to no bennies so i can smell roots, still a clean odor but i'll harvest as quick as i can so i can do a run of H2O2 infused RO before pulling roots from system. Then it's leave that in for a day or so drain and let dry, cover with plastic until drying of crop is done, then Brewery Wash, iodophor, disassemble and clean manifolds and joints, reassemble and cover until fall. I'll do another RO/H2O2 rinse prior to starting up again in fall.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Something also managed to turbocharge my Mondi pump; drained 50 gallons in about 3 minutes, then used a MagDrive on the drainout. Even with clamps holding hose to laundry sink, i had water on the laundry room floor from splashing. Not that i'm complaining, as emptying used to take at least twice as long. Yes, i prime the pump before using. I should probably count myself lucky that furnace blower didn't crap out with the power cycling on and off. A few years ago a couple of hundred stator motors went sideways when Hydro One messed up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I'm lost on that one.... I know RO will cause PH to be all funky when very low ppm but maybe the probe needs cleaned? Still doesn't explain it but yeah lol.

workngrow

workngrow

Something also managed to turbocharge my Mondi pump; drained 50 gallons in about 3 minutes, then used a MagDrive on the drainout. Even with clamps holding hose to laundry sink, i had water on the laundry room floor from splashing. Not that i'm complaining, as emptying used to take at least twice as long. Yes, i prime the pump before using. I should probably count myself lucky that furnace blower didn't crap out with the power cycling on and off. A few years ago a couple of hundred stator motors went sideways when Hydro One messed up.

Yea thats wild. Last year I had about 1200 in electronics go up after a power surge. All the stuff was on a surge protector except the tiny cable receiver. Surge fed through that hit my stereo receiver, since everything else is running off the receiver the whole system fried. Was a sad day in workngrowville.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'd be wearing my tinfoil hat at that point

airedog

airedog

Supporter
To be fair, i took a 3 year technology course and i can unerringly pick up the piece of gear that either is or will shortly be malfunctioning; they joked that a company would do well to hire me as a piece of test gear. It's a dark gift.

Yea thats wild. Last year I had about 1200 in electronics go up after a power surge. All the stuff was on a surge protector except the tiny cable receiver. Surge fed through that hit my stereo receiver, since everything else is running off the receiver the whole system fried. Was a sad day in workngrowville.
Do you mean your cable router/modem was the ground path for the surge? Depending on location, i'm willing to bet more than a few of us are open to the same issue as i have yet to get a stable wireless signal for 4K or music. Even wired Bell manages to pooch my Fibe and keep switching carriers, plays hell with Tidal streaming for lossless music.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Just took a look (a little beyond an hour past changeout) and solution strength value is stable at 0 ppm, pH is 6.3 and temp is 68F.

No, i'm okay with watches. Can't woodwork to save my life (i cut twice and it's still too short) but in machine shop i could easily tool metal within spec. Had a strange run-in with a PLC program for a pick and place robot once as well, a sub-routine that was used in multiple movements consistently glitched on one step, ran it as a timed event rather than sensor driven and it worked like a charm.

Gremlins, gotta love em. In the meantime i'll continue to sacrifice a live chicken to the gods of tech, once a month.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom