Take care with basil and tomatoes

• Thread starter dutchman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting, but it makes perfect sense to me. Early on I received a cut from a guy who lives in the delta region of California, an area well known for its heavy agriculture use. It began showing these spots that no one could diagnose (no one from the cannabis world, that is). So, I started searching university extensions, and eventually figured out that it was Septoria, aka black spot fungus. I treated it, but ended up having to go with a dosing rate half again as strong as what was recommended on the bottle to eradicate the problem. I figured that was likely because, coming from a heavily farmed and landscaped community, whatever fungus that cut was experiencing was likely something already well accustomed to normal treatment rates, i.e. resistant.

So, being so near all this heavy ag activity, I'm especially careful to look through all avenues for information, not just cannabis avenues.

orbad

orbad

Good point make sure you keep your tomatoes and Basil healthy too!

Sea- Stuff like that is what makes me so Leary of getting cuts from outside sources. Even if they look healthy they could have some nasty stuff hiding on/ in them.

D

dutchman

Sea- Stuff like that is what makes me so Leary of getting cuts from outside sources. Even if they look healthy they could have some nasty stuff hiding on/ in them.

In some areas here it has become nearly impossible to get basil plants on balconies and in gardens thru the whole summer....at some point they develop Fusarium full blown as is shown in the link and they hide it inside for a while. Same goes for tomatoes. It is IMO an Agrobiz problems that is beginning to spread to hemp as well. I just want to raise awareness about this. The only preventive treatment for Fusarium is to develop Fusarium resistant cannabis plants.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
WOW! Yes, I agree with you on that, dutchman, and that's because I live up the hill from California's Central Valley and have had issues that I can only really attribute to exposure to what resides (disease/pest-wise) down there in one of the most heavily agriculturalized regions on earth.

silverhaze

silverhaze

There is a product from Marrone Bio Innovations that protects against a wide range of soil and foliar pathogens including Fusarium amongst many other things... I'm testing this out i'll report back with my results.. So far a lot of positive reviews and its OMRI approved... http://www.marronebioinnovations.co...t/uploads/2012/09/MASTER-Brochure-Regalia.pdf

Thanks for this link I have not heard of this one. Are you using it as a foliar or soil application? Are you fighting fusarium with it? I'll be tuned in for your updates, thanks again...

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Thanks for this link I have not heard of this one. Are you using it as a foliar or soil application? Are you fighting fusarium with it? I'll be tuned in for your updates, thanks again...

I will be using it as foliar and drench... I just did my first application by drench and i can see the improvement in health over night, my moms were looking kinda sad as of late after heavy pruning and it's sure is making a noticeable difference just after 24hrs after application... I'll be doing a foliar in about a week to help regulate any foilar pathogens, PM, Grey mold, ect... The drench will help with any nasty shit in my medium.. No i'm not fighting fusarium but i'm using it as a preventive, i never want see fusarium in my garden, shit is no joke...... This stuff is very thick it reminds me of sea green but thicker and mixes well.. U can apply it with nutrients or alone.. Let me know if you have any more ?...
Peace!

D

dutchman

No i'm not fighting fusarium but i'm using it as a preventive, i never want see fusarium in my garden, shit is no joke...... This stuff is very thick it reminds me of sea green but thicker and mixes well.. U can apply it with nutrients or alone.. Let me know if you have any more ?...
Peace!

Difficult to fight Fusarium with those stúff but a good preventive.
This has all been done for fibre hemp a long time ago.
In "hemp diseases and pest" Partland et al. wrote about similiar in 1961 with Trichoderma. But what the professional fibre hemp people did: develop a nonvirulant strain of Fusarium (Biofox C and Fusaclean) and give it to the plant to colonize the roots.

But the solution was to develop Fusarium resistant strains. Sorry, but that is the truth...

D

dutchman

In "hemp diseases and pest" Partland et al. wrote about similiar in 1961 with Trichoderma. But what the professional fibre hemp people did: develop a nonvirulant strain of Fusarium (Biofox C and Fusaclean) and give it to the plant to colonize the roots.

For all Fungal freaks and researchers:
you find in depth information about Fusarium and other pests here:

http://books.google.nl/books?id=cDC...IAw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=fusaclean&f=false

Pagge 110 to 113 is about Fusarium and much more can not be said......

Top Bottom