Takin a break...

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shift00420

just saw the thread and that really sucks. hearts and prayers go to u my friend

it took me 5 yrs to get another after i lost my homie to doggy cancer. its tough man!!!

T

Transgressor

Premium Member
Supporter
I am sorry to hear of your loss TK, I know how you must feel. Try not to mourn your buddies death but rather celebrate his life.Think of the dumb shit he did that put a smile on your face.
peace

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Thanks for all the well wishes, it really means alot...it is gettin easier, still sucks but it is what it is...he's in the garden right outside my house, I still say good morning and good night to him every day..it is so hard to believe that he has been up my ass for ten years, all day, every day, sleepin with his head on a pillow next to me in bed for the last 5 years and now he's not around..

I got a house full though and that sure makes it alot easier to take, the circle of life is a trip to say the least.

Thanks agian

Tex

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Tex, wow man I am SO SO sorry.... I just today saw this thread . What a good person that stopped to help. Buddy was a good looking dude with a nice smile. I often say to people " I don't trust or like people that don't like dogs" many think I'm joking , I'm NOT. Dogs are better folks than most people. They just are. When you have one you can count on them man, always. If you have one person that you can count on much of the time you are lucky. When you have a great dog , just count your blessings, cause he's a gift from Above. I've had German Shorthared Pointers since 1976 and have been blessed with several of them being great friends. Three years ago I had 10 of them. The last two and a half years I've burried 7 of them. Yesterday morning I lost my Laura. She was so sweet she had been sick for a while but she would still go to the door to go out to potty, even the night before. My last two are going to turn 14 in Feb. it will be hard loosing them . Their sisters. Time for a pup before they're gone. Anyway peace Tex I know you're a great dog man , love em like I know you do ! Peace Bro

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Keep your head up my friend, sorry I just came across this thread and ironically I was reminiscing about my buddy smoke, a blue pit, who would be 5 in 2 weeks, sadly he was stolen cage and all from my garage and I still think bout him all the time, that's the best medicine bro, you will always think about the good, the bad, and the bad shiznit dogs put us thru, but hell we wouldn't call them our best friends for nothin, bring in the new year doin something the 2 of you enjoyed, me and my boy would shoot the shit, him chewin a bone and me blowin some strong from the bong watchin sports, HAPPY NEW YEAR

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

My condolences TexK'...I've lost a yellow lab myself and it suked'. Best darn dog I ever had...sigh'''

M

MIZZ ELVIS

I'm sorry for your loss brother....I too lost my best friend of almost ten years, just two days before you. He would have been 10 this July. I have never had to deal with this type of devastation. Our bond was special. He was my child and brother. He was my best friend, and we loved each other unconditionally. Whatever was wrong with him was neurological. The doctor said he either had a stroke or an aneurysm. As I pulled into the Emergency animal hospital, he had a seizure and stopped breathing. They managed to stabilize him, after he crashed three more times, but he could no longer walk , and had no feeling on the left half of his body. Not to mention he was in such great pain that, I couldn't move him an Inch without him crying out in pain. His cry's will haunt me till my end. I held him and talked to him for hours and contemplated what to do. I didn't think it was fair for him, to have to suffer for my selfishness of not wanting to lose him. It was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life. Fortunately we had an amazing young compassionate vet. He was just awesome. He left no doubt in my head that if there was anything he could do to help that he would have done it. He consulted with a Neurologist and they took cat scans of my baby. Unfortunately his injuries were to severe and he was too weak to make it. I'm still in shock. I had just taken him to the vet a week earlier and he was as healthy as a horse. It has all been more than I can handle and it has all broken me. I haven't wanted to do anything, and all I have done since is grieve with my mom and wife. I take comfort in the fact that he was at peace for a couple hours before he died. They gave him very small doses of phentanol and valium, for his pain and he was so weak that he died in my arms not long after. I was looking into his eyes and I could see the light in his eyes go. I thank god he died peacefully. Anybody would be lucky to go out like paco did. He was not bewildered or struggling to fight his fate. He was at peace. I'm sorry for your loss TK. I will never have a true friend like paco again. The way he looked at me with his little brown Buddha eyes. I miss it so. No animal human or otherwise, has ever looked at me like he did, he'd stare straight into my soul with pure unconditional love. Hopefully our buddies are keeping each other company.

daRube

daRube

My condolences Tex... My dogs are my family.. Always happy to see me and never complain... I feel your pain... The Tibetans believe his spirit is reborn in a new puppy somewhere.. when it's time he'll come back to you..

C

chuckyoufarley

sorry for your loss TK i love my dog even more every time i read a terrible story like this

Illmind

Illmind

condolences to you my good man. i believe my boy george carlin said it best '' buying a pet is like buying a tradgedy ''. i lost a good pup too and have lost a lot of human friends and fam but nothing fucked with me more then putting him down he knew the drill the whole ride to the vet. wish people would keep thier kids on a leash and or learn to respect property lines. saddens me even thinkn on it

S

sizzahash

soryy 2 hear about your lose tex...i 2 had lost a dog and it wuz the hardest thing in the world 2 get over...i still ain't over him he wuz like my son...but like u said it is what it is....:420:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
TK, I am so so sorry for you loss.

I have a tear in my eye and a lump in the throat.

A big Woo WOooo from my wolf dogs.

Take it easy bro.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Very sorry for your loss. I knew that my dogs wouldn't live as long as me when I got them yet It hurt like hell to lose a loved one. Damn if i didnt buy another tradgety too..lol

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Thanks everyone for your well wishes and thoughts, it really means alot..

Tex

D

Donk Frog

very sorry about your, loss I don't know what I would do to cope if I lost my pet.(pepper).
Just know that the farm is here 4 u........... and I am sure when your dog was around you had great times, just think of all the dogs in shellters or abuisve home and know you gave your dog an awesome life......

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Texas u are a very good man! I'm impress bro, U gave ur dog so much love homie! He will never forget and now he is guiding u and will be around u for ever. Keep it strong bro.

L

lil miss lone

TK I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how much you loved your four legged friend. My heart goes out to you, don't know if I could stand to lose my puppy...

Top Bottom