Taking clones from young plants

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

.View attachment 391246

..this Strawberry Cough bonsai has been in this 9oz cup of coco for over a year and if you zoom in you'll see you could easily take a half dozen small cuts as she sits and she produced at least a half dozen small cuts every 2 weeks.

don't be afraid to try what people tell you can't be done, you'll be surprised how often they will be wrong. ...and shit, even if it turns out they are right, you will have still learned a ton and had an assload of fun tryin'.

peace, bozo

Yo Bozo, you think I'm gonna have trouble getting clones to root 17 days into flower?

I ask because it's a little longer than 2 weeks in, and that's what you suggested in the other thread.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

2 weeks is a rule of thumb man because that's how long the stretch usually lasts and it's also usually near this time that you see the onset of pistils and the more flower development you see the harder it becomes to root cuts, that doesn't mean you can't do it because you could probably get them to root even up to 4 or 5 weeks in, but the further in you are the higher the failure rate so just take more cuts than you need, ...that's always a good idea anyway, any time you take cuts.

peace, bozo

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

Is this
.View attachment 391246

..this Strawberry Cough bonsai has been in this 9oz cup of coco for over a year and if you zoom in you'll see you could easily take a half dozen small cuts as she sits and she produced at least a half dozen small cuts every 2 weeks.

don't be afraid to try what people tell you can't be done, you'll be surprised how often they will be wrong. ...and shit, even if it turns out they are right, you will have still learned a ton and had an assload of fun tryin'.

peace, bozo
So, the SCough in a Dixie cup for a year.. Is this supposed to be an accomplishment? I mean frankly, I would prob only use a couple of shoots from that plant in my garden. Look how woody those stems are. You'd be better served ripping cuts and re-cloning every couple months and always having a nice supply of fresh, soft succulent offerings for your next round.

Top Bottom