Taking forEVER to flower?? Suggestions, Answers, ANYTHING?!?

• Thread starter Caninobis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caninobis

Caninobis

Hey Guys,

So i came here at the start of my grow with all sorts of questions and due to the awesome folks on this forum i got a lot of awesome answers that have contributed to what i would call a successful "first" real grow. Only problem is that now that im on the tail end of my grow this damn plant seems to be taking forever to flower.

The strain is J1 and from everything i've read its definitely one of those strains with a longer flowering time but today is day 60 and it still looks like it could have at least 2 weeks left maybe even 4 but i can't imagine it having a 12 week flowering time, does that happen? I'd say about 90% of the hairs are still white and it just started to pack on weight about a week ago.
Could something be wrong? Is anyone familiar with those ripener nutrients? Would something like that be helpful here? I figured that even if it took a little longer than average it should at least look like its close so i'm starting to get a little worried. Any tips would be greatly appreciated if there are any.

Here are some pictures as well.
IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

Havocsm1

Havocsm1

How is your light? I used my viparspar through veg but for flower I got a BudgetLED for red light. Buds are going crazy now.

Caninobis

Caninobis

How is your light? I used my viparspar through veg but for flower I got a BudgetLED for red light. Buds are going crazy now.
I'm using a 600 watt vipar spectra.. or maybe its a 300 im having a brain fart and then i also have 2 little dinky amazon lights just to boost the total amount of light in the tent. The buds are growing just fine they're just not ripening at all.

Caninobis

Caninobis

ive grown plants that went as long as 21 weeks mate,thai is like that,most sativas go 14 weeks
Holy freakin moly! 14 weeks! 21 weeks! I mean this whole process is about being patient but this plant pissed me off when it decided to herm out on me and i had to chop out the entire secondary canopy to get rid of all of the already established male parts that seemed to pop up over night. It never grew any more balls after that but i've just been ready to get my next run in the tent ever since then cause i feel like i failed at this one and i thought i should be at least getting close to harvest but its not showing any signs of letting up any time soon.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Many sativa leaning hybrids take 10-12 weeks. If the grower had any problems then recovered that time may be added to flower if the plant stalled.

I would be getting excited. Long flowering plants have much better highs in my opinion. And better yields usually too.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Many sativa leaning hybrids take 10-12 weeks. If the grower had any problems then recovered that time may be added to flower if the plant stalled.

I would be getting excited. Long flowering plants have much better highs in my opinion. And better yields usually too.
I did throw a seed in a pot and let it do its thing this last outdoor season and it fought death for damn near the entire season but it still yielded pretty well and the high from this strain is a really nice high so i can totally believe that. Everyone i know that tried it all came back for more because they enjoyed the high from it so much so it definitely does have that going for it. I would have waited 50 weeks for this thing to finish before it hermed out on me. i was so proud of it and with all the work i put into it but once that happened it just pissed me off and i've wanted it to be done ever since. I guess i really should be counting my lucky stars that it hasn't produced any more balls since i chopped them all out, that i know of, but its just hard not to feel like i failed on this run so i guess i'm antsy to start fresh and do better on the next one.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I did throw a seed in a pot and let it do its thing this last outdoor season and it fought death for damn near the entire season but it still yielded pretty well and the high from this strain is a really nice high so i can totally believe that. Everyone i know that tried it all came back for more because they enjoyed the high from it so much so it definitely does have that going for it. I would have waited 50 weeks for this thing to finish before it hermed out on me. i was so proud of it and with all the work i put into it but once that happened it just pissed me off and i've wanted it to be done ever since. I guess i really should be counting my lucky stars that it hasn't produced any more balls since i chopped them all out, that i know of, but its just hard not to feel like i failed on this run so i guess i'm antsy to start fresh and do better on the next one.

They look good. If no more reversal then you fixed the problem. Good recovery!

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

They look so dark. Don't know if its the pics. But if my leaves were that dark, i would cut back on N.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

just
Holy freakin moly! 14 weeks! 21 weeks! I mean this whole process is about being patient but this plant pissed me off when it decided to herm out on me and i had to chop out the entire secondary canopy to get rid of all of the already established male parts that seemed to pop up over night. It never grew any more balls after that but i've just been ready to get my next run in the tent ever since then cause i feel like i failed at this one and i thought i should be at least getting close to harvest but its not showing any signs of letting up any time soon.
just got to have patience freind,just watch cloudy and harvest could be next week you did say it started to stack so that purty good sign your getting close

Caninobis

Caninobis

They look so dark. Don't know if its the pics. But if my leaves were that dark, i would cut back on N.
Are you talking about the purple? It’s been a pretty heavy feeder from day 1 but now it’s hardly getting any nitrogen in comparison to the pk

Caninobis

Caninobis

They look good. If no more reversal then you fixed the problem. Good recovery!
Thanks man. Yeah not as far as I can tell and I’ve been going through it with a fine tooth comb multiple times per week since the whole ordeal but the back of my tent is like impossible to get to and see the back side of the plant so if there is any it’s back there.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Nice looking crops! As stated Sativa's can take some time. I had a Malawi pheno through Ace Seeds that took damn near 120 days to ripen.

HiDaze

HiDaze

She looks healthy. Sativa's have long veg times - if something is working, dont fix it!

Ps. Congratulations! Looks like you have done well 👌

Top Bottom